Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race-LEG 11 (8/7)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will be the final team eliminated from The Amazing Race?
Kelly & Jon (FP-10, LP-8,9)
50.00%
Reichen & Chip "Chip and Dale" (FP-8t,9, LP-7, FF-9)
22.22%
Jon & Al "The Clowns" (FP-8t, LP-6)
16.67%
David & Jeff "Goat Boys" (FP-6,7, LP-10)
11.11%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-03, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmm..... going by TV guide, I'm not sure August 14th or August 21st will be the final TARsday. The August 14th episode is listed at 60 minutes. At least I got the date right this week.

On the next episode of Emmy-nominated The Amazing Race:
Spoiler:
Such a Nice Pheremone Smell to You; Just Makes Me Want to Stay Close to You
Teams attempt to descend face first down the side of a skyscraper. Later, they are required to retrieve a clue from a tank filled with sharks.

* Teams arrive at the penthouse of a skyscraper, only to discover that they must descend down the side of the building from the balcony...face first.
* A harrowing Roadblock requires teammates to stay calm while retrieving a clue from a tank teeming with huge sharks. That's easier said than done, especially for Reichen, who's already in the water.
* Kelly & Jon prod Reichen & Chip in order to make them lose their cool.
* A small mistake results in a penalty. Will it be Heather & Eve all over again?
Old 08-01-03, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got to vote off kelly and John since all they do is fight. Also does anyone know where you can download Season 1 since they will never play it again, and i have never seen it.
Old 08-01-03, 06:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by csim
Also does anyone know where you can download Season 1 since they will never play it again, and i have never seen it.
Ummm, requesting download information on copyrighted shows is a forum no-no.
Old 08-01-03, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Kelly & Jon are on a roll... Jon keeping them in the taxi instead of bailing for the subway seemed to really make a difference, as they easily beat the other teams to the subway station.

I can see two teams going for the FF this week, since only Reichen & Chip have used it thus far. I still would rather see Reichen & Chip eliminated though.
Old 08-01-03, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Chip and Dale is next because they already used up their fast forward.
Old 08-01-03, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by mookiemeister
Chip and Dale is next because they already used up their fast forward.
Yeah, they've used it -- but since there's only one FF (and probably the last one in the race, too) and 3 teams which haven't used it, that shouldn't hurt them. It might even work to their advantage.

If one team (say, Jon & Al) goes for the FF, they'll be guaranteeing themselves a spot in the Final 3 (which is what Wil & Tara did in TAR2). But the other 2 non-FF teams (Kelly & Jon and David & Jeff) will be on an equal footing with Chip & Reichen for the regular part of the leg.

If, however, more than one team goes for the FF, the team or teams that don't get it will be at a serious disadvantage when they lose out, as they'll still have to complete the regular part of the leg (which is what happened to Kelly & Jon in Borneo).

If it were earlier in the race, then, yes, C & R's use of the FF would have put them at a distinct disadvantage. This late in the game, however, the worst it can do is guarantee one team a place ahead of them going into the Final 3. (I'm not saying that C & R might not be eliminated, but it'll be because they were out-raced on the regular part of the leg and not because they've already used the FF.)

If Kelly & Jon were smart, they should go for the FF, even though they're currently first. That would guarantee them a Final 3 slot, and could really mess with the Clowns and the Goat Boys chances.

Since there are more teams than FFs available, this will be the first Amazing Race where at least one of the teams making it to the Final 3 will have never used the Fast Forward.
Old 08-01-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Skorp, yes going for the "FF" would 99% guarenteed a team a spot in the final 3 HOWEVER theres that one chance they could pull off a "Team Guido"! (Bill/Joe from the first race who took their time getting to the pitstop after getting the "FF", finished last however they still advance because Emily/??-what was her moms name-got penalized due to not completing a task.) So once they get the "FF" go RIGHT to the pit stop!

LB...
Old 08-01-03, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I think the Flake Bros. will be eliminated. Their luck has to be running out soon. They'll make a good decision and then do something completely retarded.

Although Chip and Reichen's risk-taking could kill their chances at winning the race, too.

I think Kelly and Jon are lot more solid than people think. Though Kelly would probably hate to admit, Jon's gut instincts have been dead on most of the race - she just needs to be quiet and listen to him and kick ass in the competitions like she has been. Kelly is a real trooper - she rules, imo.

The Clowns are solid, too.
Old 08-05-03, 04:26 PM

Is everyone sure there is no FF once they get down to 3?
Old 08-05-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 70 Likes on 59 Posts
I will say the clowns as Jon and Kelly have been edited to the villians so they should be in the top 3. And the other two teams should beat the clowns this week.
Regarding the FF, I agree with what has been said. If only one team goes for the FF, they will be in the Final 3. If more than one goes for it, then the one/two teams that do not get the FF will be at a time disadvantage to Chip/Reichen unless there is bunching.
Anyway, it should be a GREAT and EXCITING TARsday!
Old 08-05-03, 09:36 PM

Originally posted by apeyard
Is everyone sure there is no FF once they get down to 3?
We can't be sure -- because it's never happened. (The latest any team has used a FF was by Wil & Tara on Leg 11 of TAR2.) But Ian from TAR3 posted in his weekly reports on TAR4 that he believes that Leg 11 is the last FF leg -- though everyone in his race had used it by then, so he didn't sound 100% sure.

Even if a FF is available in Leg 12, it probably wouldn't amount to much. In the past, Leg 12 has always been the last non-elimination leg for the Final 3 teams. And there's always been a significant bunching point between Leg 12 & Leg 13 (such as getting from Alaska or Hawaii to the final destination). No way would TAR want one team to be able to get that far ahead heading into the last leg.

So, the Leg 11 FF is really the one that counts. If any team gets it, then they're almost assured of being one of the Final 3.
Old 08-07-03, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just a bump so we don't have dup threads this week.
Old 08-07-03, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
What's with the poll being already closed?

I'm still voting for Chip and Reichen to be eliminated.

I want the Clowns to win.
Old 08-07-03, 12:29 PM

I found the season 1 episodes on irc. That's all I'll say about that.

You can't say the series will never be re-aired. I read somewhere last spring that in early 2004 a RealityTV cable network is suppossed to be launched that will be rerunning old reality TV shows. I hope it is offered on Dish Network in the 100-channel package, so I can watch it.
Old 08-07-03, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why don't they release AR1, AR2, AR3 and AR4 on DVD ?
Old 08-07-03, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Originally posted by Struz
Why don't they release AR1, AR2, AR3 and AR4 on DVD ?

Not much rewatchablility factor - at least IMO. For example, I love Survivor, but I would never watch the episodes again. I suppose they could make for good rentals though.
Old 08-07-03, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I hope Chip and Reichen win. I don't really like anyone left.
Old 08-07-03, 09:07 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! The clowns were my fav. I'm sad to see them go.

Anyway, I hope the Goats win. If not, then Chip and Dale. If Jerk and Jerkette win, I'm gonna puke.
Old 08-07-03, 09:21 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Great episode.

So, does this mean that next leg should be a non-elim?

Spoiler:

Wow.. R&C sure got lucky. THey need to slow a bit and read the clues a bit better.. It clearly said foot race. They were just lucky that the clowns were so far behind.

Its sad to see the clowns go. I'd have much rather had Jon and Kelly go.. At least my team is still in it..

Old 08-07-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I wonder if R&C's competitiveness will their undoing ... or did they learn their lesson?
Old 08-07-03, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How dare a taxi-driver in a foreign country not speak English!!

Old 08-07-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Go Jon and Kelly!
Old 08-07-03, 11:14 PM

No! The clowns struck me as the strongest of the remaining teams (They've done the least number of startlingly stupid things), so now I have no idea who'll win.

I was really hoping they'd pull a switch-up, make this week non-elim, and make next week elimination. But I guess that'd mess with their planned bunching.

I've wanted Kelly & John out since they started with the 'Millie the Mole'. I just don't want them to win.

I did find it very funny that R&C did the same dumb thing Heather and Eve did last season.
Old 08-07-03, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Chew •<HR SIZE=1>How dare a taxi-driver in a foreign country not speak English!!

<HR SIZE=1>

Yeah, that was embarrassing. What a jackass. I don't see how Reichen puts up with him.

It's hard to tell the motivation for Jon's little snide remarks, but if he's trying to get under the skin of Chip 'n Dale, it's working. They've definitely got some insecurity about the gay thing, and Jon really gets them frazzled when he brings it up. You'd think they'd realize that Jon likely doesn't care about them ... he's a dick to everyone, including his teammate. They're so obsessed with beating him and a perceived obsession that he feels the opposite (or is it reversed? hard to tell) that they're making mistakes.

I guess at this point I'm rooting for the Goats, but only by default. They seem to be the least annoying. Although, as annoying as she is, it's hard not to respect Kelly. She's done some pretty impressive stuff in recent weeks.

Overall, great tasks this week. Criticisms that this show is just scheduling plane trips fall flat when you see them running down the side of a building and then walking through a shark tank.

das
Old 08-08-03, 12:06 AM

Originally posted by Chew
How dare a taxi-driver in a foreign country not speak English!!

And how dare a taxi-driver in a foreign country who doesn't speak English say "Yes" and "Okay" when asked if he does!!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.