Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Paradise Hotel Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-08, 09:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Nathan Clutter - died in an apparent suicide.

http://www.realitytvworld.com/paradisehotel

LB...
Old 03-27-08, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
This sequel is a pale imitation of the original series. It helped that the original PH was on multiple times each week. It was a lot easier to follow each contestant in more detail with the extra time provided.
I still think that the first season of paradise hotel had probably the best cast of any reality show ever. From psycho Toni to scheming Dave, the cast really worked and made for some great entertainment. And as Rob V pointed out, the producers make up the rules as the go along so everything is always unpredictable.

I've caught a few episodes of the 2nd season and while it has it's moments, it doesn't live up to the original season. Maybe it's because it's been so long since season 1 aired. Although repeats of season 1 have been playing on one of the cable channels up here.
Old 03-27-08, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At the end of the show, the week Nathan went home, the end credits said tonight's episode is dedicated to Nathan Clutter. I thought it might have been a crew member so I looked it up and saw it was the same guy who was sent home that week.

Very sad
Old 03-29-08, 07:00 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I've been watching. Stephanie needs a good fucking, she would be fun in the sack

THe rules of the game are lame at times
Old 04-15-08, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Great episode tonight - the new guest is really gonna stir shit up. It's like he's been planning this for years.

I'm really hating Myrna and Stephanie. I also don't like the little pig troll girl that won't fuck anyone and James and also really hating the new hick from alabama. I actually hate all these people. Great tv.
Old 04-22-08, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nobody's still watching this I guess... more great stuff tonight. I don't know why I care about what these people who I don't like do in their little paradise, I just do. Maybe they put addictive chemicals in it like KFC.

By the way - this thread didn't come up for me when I did a search for the word "paradise" in tvtalk. odd.
Old 04-22-08, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah - my wife and I still watch this train wreck! Zack isn't nearly as annoying as the first time around. Seems he has matured somewhat. I wonder how long it will last!

Still a riff between the newbies and the originals, but not as bad as the first season.

Happy that Lauren was kicked off, even though she was nice to look at most of the time.

Producers still appear to make up the rules on the fly, hence Raheim coming back next week.

Side note - Dave from the first season is running for City Council where I grew up (Queens, NY).
Old 04-22-08, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't watch much of the first season, but I do remember Zack back then. Crazy... he seems to have spent his entire time away strategizing and scheming. I can't believe that cow Myrna is still on - her personality is dirt and she looks a bit like a tranny and she's already gained about 20 pounds in the few weeks she's been on the show.

Raheim was a bit of a surprise. I think they do make shit up though because when they eliminated Aaron, they said - uhh wait a minute, how about we let someone else pick who will pick the black one? And then they threw in - oh and you can take someone with you. Lauren wasn't really doing much on the show until recently and I was kinda looking forward to her creating some sort of rivalry. Oh well.
Old 04-22-08, 06:53 PM

The best thing about the first season for me was that they clearly made it up as they went along. Whatever they needed to do in the name of ratings they did. It made it an enjoyable ride.
Old 05-01-08, 11:19 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
This series just lacks the spark on the first

That Myrna, i have never seen such an unattractive person, both physically and personality. She makes me wanna vommit !

the way people are getting eliminated is silly

I hope Mikey wins
Old 05-01-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Trust me, the person / people who are the least annoying will win -- the producers will make sure of it. My guess is (and I have the last two episodes DVR'd) is that laid back, surfer-hippie will win because he probably the most down to earth of them all (although I still dislike him).
Old 05-13-08, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
This series just lacks the spark on the first
The first was a "perfect storm". In our lifetime, we will never be subjected to such wonderful trash again.

I still don't understand all the hate that Myrna gets. She comes across as straight-up honest and seems to be very confident about herself. Characteristics that if found in a man are celebrated. She hasn't displayed any of the underlying "low self-esteem" issues that just about every other cast member has oozing out of each orifice.

I've been rooting for TD. The girl has a played a good game from day one without pretending not to. I just wish she wasn't *forced* to pick Ryan as her last roomate. I don't like his and a few of the others strategy: the "I'm just here to have fun". That's such BS.
Old 05-24-08, 09:49 AM
Suspended

I can't believe Zach split the money with Stephanie and also shelled out an extra 20k for TD, you know if TD won, she wouldnt have given anyone a fukkin dime
Old 05-24-08, 04:59 PM

I could see giving 30k to Steph and 20K to whoever this way you end up with 150K.
I would have giving Myrna some just to see her expression when they tell heran envelope is for her she gets excited and is told it's only $2.
Old 01-08-19, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
Re: Paradise Hotel 2 Season Discussion

Fox is currently casting a Paradise Hotel revival. https://tvline.com/2019/01/08/paradi...al-series-fox/
Old 01-08-19, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts
Re: Paradise Hotel 2 Season Discussion

Originally Posted by lwhy?
Fox is currently casting a Paradise Hotel revival. https://tvline.com/2019/01/08/paradi...al-series-fox/
Its about time, I hope its cast and shot to air this summer. It'll go along with Bachelor in Paradise nicely.
Old 01-08-19, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts
Re: Paradise Hotel Discussion Thread

I've got - two tickets to watch this show!

Anyone need one? I'm too ashamed to ask the wife to watch with me.
Old 05-09-19, 06:43 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

<iframe width="676" height="380" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RPCZI7Lg_qE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

**TWO-HOUR SERIES PREMIERE**-- "PARADISE HOTEL" - (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) - HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

IT'S CHECK-IN TIME ON THE ALL-NEW, SPECIAL TWO-HOUR SERIES PREMIERE OF "PARADISE HOTEL" THURSDAY, MAY 9, ON FOX

Kristin Cavallari hosts the innovative unscripted dating competition series in which sexy singles try to remain in paradise for as long as possible by pairing up. Immersed in a gorgeous setting, these strangers will be surrounded by sun, fun, flirtation and romance - all cloaked in a wild competition. Each week, one single will have to leave the hotel to make room for a brand-new guest. In the reinvention of the hit series, viewers will play along at home, using social media, to try and influence the action on the show. The first contestants check in to the resort and meet their new roommates in the all-new, special two-hour "Episode 101" series premiere episode of PARADISE HOTEL airing Thursday, May 9 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (PHN-101/102) (TV-14 D, L, S)
Old 05-09-19, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

If I'm home I'll turn it on. Its going to be hard to keep up since it'll be on three nights a week. I looked at the cast photos and the women looked okay, but I then remembered there'll be more people added to the cast as the season goes along.
Old 05-10-19, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Cavallari adds nothing to the program and it became very easy skipping her intros as the two hours passed. Despite liking the cast, this was a tough two hours to get through and one of the more boring pilots for a reality show.
Old 05-10-19, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

She should stick to her E! show or replace her with Jay Cutler
Old 05-10-19, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Hotties weren't hot enough and Cavallari is a shit host. Was fixated on how skinny she is. Can picture her being super excited she got this gig and deciding not to eat for a month.
Old 05-11-19, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
She should stick to her E! show or replace her with Jay Cutler
Cutler would be hilarious as a host for this.
Old 05-12-19, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 809 Likes on 683 Posts

Cavallari and Cutler have their own reality show on E!. Cutler is about the dullest person on all of television. He can't even fake a personality for his wife's reality show.
Old 05-12-19, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 718 Likes on 587 Posts

I wonder how they remain married since they look like they have nothing in common.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.