DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Paradise Hotel Discussion Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/308216-paradise-hotel-discussion-thread.html)

Bluelitespecial 05-12-19 08:43 PM

Re: Paradise Hotel Discussion Thread

I'd say she married him for money. She's a crazy ant-vaxxer as well.

PhantomStranger 05-19-19 06:20 PM

Not a real surprise, but Fox has already cut the show's episode slate in half. This show won't get pulled but it's already DOA.

The pilot for this new reboot was terrible and boring, but has gotten better as more guests have arrived.

Rob V 05-20-19 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13552377)
Not a real surprise, but Fox has already cut the show's episode slate in half. This show won't get pulled but it's already DOA.

The pilot for this new reboot was terrible and boring, but has gotten better as more guests have arrived.

Doesn't surprise me... this show is TERRIBLE.

Red Dog 05-20-19 10:27 AM

Was wondering why my DVR shows only upcoming episodes this Thursday and next Thursday. Guess that explains it.

JeffTheAlpaca 05-20-19 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13549084)
I'd say she married him for money. She's a crazy ant-vaxxer as well.

She could have married somebody who was actually good in the NFL.

Wow and she still remains so thin

Eddie W 05-21-19 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 13552778)
Was wondering why my DVR shows only upcoming episodes this Thursday and next Thursday. Guess that explains it.

Three times a week, with one being a two hour show was waaaaay more time than I wanted to spend with these people. It always amazes me that nobody ever remembers what made the original P-Ho great. They dropped a butt-ugly guy in midway through. That's what the claws came out & they dynamic was fascinating. Now they just stick to the generic reality show types & it's no different from all the other dating shows.

PhantomStranger 05-25-19 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie W (Post 13553460)
Three times a week, with one being a two hour show was waaaaay more time than I wanted to spend with these people. It always amazes me that nobody ever remembers what made the original P-Ho great. They dropped a butt-ugly guy in midway through. That's what the claws came out & they dynamic was fascinating. Now they just stick to the generic reality show types & it's no different from all the other dating shows.

Ah yes, Dave. Dave's attempt at romancing Charla, who was completely out of his league, was some of the craziest drama ever seen on tv. Thinking back now, producers must have been seriously manipulating both of them for maximum drama.

I'm guessing the producers of this iteration decided to drop their nasty surprise into the game early since it's getting canceled - Tyler's girlfriend of the past year gets added as a guest, which almost instantly destroyed Tyler's relationship and alliance with Rosanna. It was funny seeing Rosanna, after being head over heels in love with Tyler, instantly try to make a romantic connection with Carlos.

PhantomStranger 06-07-19 12:49 PM

As one of the few that stuck with Paradise this season through the bitter end last night, a couple of moments made it all worth it. First, we get one of the funniest moments in reality history when Jair declares he needs to use the bathroom right as another guest is sent home in tears, sending everyone into a frenzy. I've never seen anything like it from a reality show.

Then the ending, which I suspect caught everyone by surprise. Kudos to Paradise's editors, beautifully disguising that heel turn.

Bill Needle 06-07-19 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13561741)
As one of the few that stuck with Paradise this season through the bitter end last night, a couple of moments made it all worth it. First, we get one of the funniest moments in reality history when Jair declares he needs to use the bathroom right as another guest is sent home in tears, sending everyone into a frenzy. I've never seen anything like it from a reality show.

Then the ending, which I suspect caught everyone by surprise. Kudos to Paradise's editors, beautifully disguising that heel turn.

I stuck it out too, which I probably wouldn't have without my nostalgia for the original and the fact they shortened the season. It was worth it for the finale. The looks on the faces at the climactic moment were great. I think all of them were genuinely shocked.

Lastly, Mrs. Cutler is awful at her job.

Rob V 06-07-19 01:37 PM

We've stuck with it.... yet to watch the finale but I guess we will now... and yeah, Mrs. Cutler has no business being in show business.

Red Dog 06-07-19 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13561741)

Great ending, after a shitty season, but since you're into conspiracy theories, felt so staged.

It's a great game theory test though.

Now bring back Beauty the and Geek.

Red Dog 06-07-19 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Rob V (Post 13561764)
We've stuck with it.... yet to watch the finale but I guess we will now... and yeah, Mrs. Cutler has no business being in show business.

Jay is the star of Very Cavalleri.

Bill Needle 06-07-19 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 13561949)

I would definitely be down with that.

PhantomStranger 06-08-19 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by Red Dog (Post 13561949)
Great ending, after a shitty season, but since you're into conspiracy theories, felt so staged.

It's a great game theory test though.

Some of what happened definitely felt staged, especially that perfectly choreographed ending. If it was genuine, it's one of the great finishes in reality tv history.

DWilson 06-09-19 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13562324)
Some of what happened definitely felt staged, especially that perfectly choreographed ending. If it was genuine, it's one of the great finishes in reality tv history.

It would take too long to properly explain, but the third season of "Bachelor Pad" (the show that preceded "Bachelor in Paradise") ended in a similar manner, with a fairly awful woman being tricked out of her winnings by the guy she treated like a dope. Then there was the first season of "Big Brother Canada", where a jury member misunderstood the voting rules (that you were voting for who you wanted to win) and mistakenly cast the deciding vote for her "enemy" to win the money.

PhantomStranger 06-09-19 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 13562393)
It would take too long to properly explain, but the third season of "Bachelor Pad" (the show that preceded "Bachelor in Paradise") ended in a similar manner, with a fairly awful woman being tricked out of her winnings by the guy she treated like a dope. Then there was the first season of "Big Brother Canada", where a jury member misunderstood the voting rules (that you were voting for who you wanted to win) and mistakenly cast the deciding vote for her "enemy" to win the money.

If you go out and read the thoughts of many reality show participants after the show airs, contestants are often pressured by producers to make certain decisions. Many of these people are cast in the first place because they have pliable minds and are open to suggestion.

This goes for just about every reality show, from the Bachelor to trash like Paradise Island.

Bill Needle 06-09-19 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger (Post 13562559)
If you go out and read the thoughts of many reality show participants after the show airs, contestants are often pressured by producers to make certain decisions. Many of these people are cast in the first place because they have pliable minds and are open to suggestion.

This goes for just about every reality show, from the Bachelor to trash like Paradise Island.

Be it Paradise Hotel or Survivor, these shows are CAST. The contestants are not drawn by lots.

Original Desmond 06-15-19 04:52 PM

quickly binged this season, wasn't great though i did like Rosanna's cans

Compare this to UK's Love island which is a hundred times better (and rates through the roof even though it airs EVERYDAY for 8 weeks)

Kristin was terrible host but that wasn't it. The rules of the game were just all over the place. The prize was too high for such a show.

We know this show won't be coming back again