Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Mission Impossible who was your favorite?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-03, 05:06 PM
Rest in Peace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favorite of the IMF was Rollin Hand, the master of disguise played by Martin Landau.

Yours?
Old 07-27-03, 05:13 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like you're talking about the TV version, not the movies (which probably would've benefitted from Landau). Moving to TV Talk.
Old 07-27-03, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Barbara Bain and Leslie Ann Warren(tie).By the way -when are they coming to dvd?
Old 07-27-03, 09:14 PM

How about that short lived new MI tv series they did over ten years ago? Any idea if that will ever make it to dvd? I actually watched and enjoyed that show...was I the only one?
Old 07-28-03, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 513 Likes on 353 Posts
Greg Morris as Barney. I was intrigued by his neat gadgets and his calm cool demeanor.

Last edited by AGuyNamedMike; 08-01-03 at 07:14 AM.
Old 07-28-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I remember the remake/sequel series. It aired on ABC from 1988-90. Many of the episodes were remakes of the older ones. I actually quite liked it, too. I think they did around 36 episodes total. Peter Graves was a regular, and some of the older cast members came back for appearances. CBS later re-ran some of these in a late night slot before they added Letterman to their line-up.

I'd like to see a DVD releases for the old and newer series. I thought the movies were pretty awful.
Old 07-29-03, 10:39 PM
Rest in Peace

They really would be cool in 2003 if the show was still running, repcaing stars as they got too old or auto accidents killed off a star like Jeffrey Hunter of Star Trek:TOS.

My favorite episode was when they faked a atomic war for guest star Anthony Zerbe of The Omega Man and Admiral Dowerty in Star Trek: Insurrection. That was one too cool TV series In My Humble Opinion.
Old 07-30-03, 01:17 AM

Mr Phelps.

This DVD, eh DIVX, eh tape, will self destruct in 10 seconds.
Old 07-30-03, 04:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Didn't Greg Morris guest on the remake, playing Phil Morris' father?
As for my favorite, Peter Graves as Mr. Phelps. Special mention to Jane Badler, from the remake, because she looked so damn_hot - although, for most of her scenes, i half expected her to hiss & stick out a forked tongue .
Old 07-30-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by danol
They really would be cool in 2003 if the show was still running, repcaing stars as they got too old or auto accidents killed off a star like Jeffrey Hunter of Star Trek:TOS.

My favorite episode was when they faked a atomic war for guest star Anthony Zerbe of The Omega Man and Admiral Dowerty in Star Trek: Insurrection. That was one too cool TV series In My Humble Opinion.
danol, as has been mentioned in another thread by someone else, Jeffrey Hunter turned down the offer of a lead role in TOS. He died a couple of years later. Further, he didn't die in a car accident. He was injured on a movie set, said injuries likely led to a stroke while he was on the stairs at his house in LA. He fell and broke his skull, later to die in surgery.

Back on topic, I remember this ep of MI and it is one of my faves too.
Old 07-30-03, 04:29 PM

Received 164 Likes on 120 Posts
Rollin Hand, absolutely. He was much cooler than that Nimoy hack they got to replace him... Just kidding, Nimoy was good too, but he was no Martin Landau.
Old 07-30-03, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by AGuyNamedMike
danol, as has been mentioned in another thread by someone else, Jeffrey Hunter turned down the offer of a lead role in TOS. He died a couple of years later. Further, he didn't die in a car accident. He was injured on a movie set, said injuries likely led to a stroke while he was on the stairs at his house in LA. He fell and broke his skull, later to die in surgery.
When I read danol's mistaken cause of Jeffrey Hunter's death I was going to correct him but you beat me to it.

I was always somewhat interested in him because he graduated from the same College (Northwestern University, Evanston, IL) as I, 20 years before I did, and the same high school (Whitefish Bay High School, Whitefish Bay, WI), 20 years before I did. He died about two weeks before I graduated from Northwestern.
Old 07-31-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by movielib
When I read danol's mistaken cause of Jeffrey Hunter's death I was going to correct him but you beat me to it.

I was always somewhat interested in him because he graduated from the same College (Northwestern University, Evanston, IL) as I, 20 years before I did, and the same high school (Whitefish Bay High School, Whitefish Bay, WI), 20 years before I did. He died about two weeks before I graduated from Northwestern.
I find him fascinating too. Besides being one of the handsomest actors ever to grace the screen, he seemed so serious up there he commanded attention in every scene. I especially liked him in King of Kings, No Man is an Island, and Brainstorm.
Old 07-31-03, 11:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by wendersfan
Rollin Hand, absolutely. He was much cooler than that Nimoy hack they got to replace him... Just kidding, Nimoy was good too, but he was no Martin Landau.
Interestingly, Landau was one of the other possibilities to play Spock when the original series was being cast. He's always said he'd have gone nuts playing an emotionless character, but I'd like to have seen at least a screen test.

Rollin was mega cool, but as AGNmike said, Barney was The Man. Never got flustered and always did the job.