TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

7/22 - I'm With Busey

Old 07-23-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

7/22 - I'm With Busey

So Adam gets set up on a date with this really pretty (and cool) girl by Busey who feeds him lines through an earpiece. I'm dying!
Old 07-23-03, 01:37 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

The part of the date in the restaurant was hilarious.

"What's your ethnicity?"
Old 07-23-03, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Watching that date was like watching a train wreck! I cringed but couldn't look away. The sad part was that when Adam relaxed and was himself, she really warmed up to him. Busey killed it for him.
Old 07-23-03, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Plant your weasel and let it squirt.

Have you ever played whats that smell?
Old 07-23-03, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I must say, this is the greatest show on television. This is the third episode I've seen, and I had NO idea the show would be this good before it came on. Absolutely hilarious. Is Busey REALLY that crazy? I mean, is any of it staged? Busey is one psychopathic mofo.
Old 07-23-03, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk God

wholly crap. this date episode had to be scripted. i think this has to be one of the funniest episodes of tv I've seen this year.

gary yelling at the guy on the same radio frequency.
Old 07-23-03, 08:37 PM
Banned

I am sure it is quite a mix of both. Gary is definitely eccentric, but there is no way he's not doing some acting. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive, IMO, and probably hasn't been around too many television crews. Same phenomenon with The Osbournes.

"That's how the REALLY are!"

Right.
Old 07-23-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Bust
I am sure it is quite a mix of both. Gary is definitely eccentric, but there is no way he's not doing some acting. Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive, IMO, and probably hasn't been around too many television crews. Same phenomenon with The Osbournes.

"That's how the REALLY are!"

Right.
no, i meant with the date that Adam went along with. A normal person would've run for the hills if Gary Busey shows up at your house w/ a guitar and plays you a song.
Old 07-23-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Okay, this sounds like something I need to check out. When and what channel? And will they replay this episode any time?
Old 07-23-03, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Boot
Okay, this sounds like something I need to check out. When and what channel? And will they replay this episode any time?
Comedy Central. Not sure what night it's on normally. They replay the episodes throughtout the week. Hands down, this was the best episode of the short season they've shown so far.
Old 07-24-03, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Cusm
Plant your weasel and let it squirt.

Have you ever played whats that smell?
Old 07-24-03, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Boot
New episode on at 9:30C Tuesday, reairing at 11:00C. They rerun it a few times throughout the week. Go to yahoo-->tv-->listings and enter your area code.
Old 07-24-03, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fortunately with Comedy Central you can be certain they will rerun any episodes you missed.

I'm pretty sure the show isn't scripted. I doubt Busey is always this hyper. Just from watching it a few times it seems like Busey decides what they're going to do for that day ahead of time and they just run with it. He seems to know he's a bit loopy and people are looking for a laugh so he probably just does whatever entertains himself and would scare the crap out of Adam.

It definitely doesn't look like Adam ever knows what he's in for, that's what makes it great whether Busey is being phoney or not doesn't matter a whole lot. I love the fact that Adam came up with this idea for a show years ago and actually ended up getting to do it without ever trying to get it done. Comedy Central approached him
Old 07-24-03, 01:21 PM
Cool New Member

I think the events themselves are scripted, but the interaction between Busey and Adam isn't. ****ing Busey was a humongous coke fiend and suffered multiple motorcycle crashes, so ****.
Old 09-19-03, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone else still watching this series? It holds up surprisingly well, and there's bound to have been over 20 episodes by now. Pretty good stuff.
Old 09-19-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by djbrown
Anyone else still watching this series? It holds up surprisingly well, and there's bound to have been over 20 episodes by now. Pretty good stuff.
I think it was only 13 episodes. The season finale aired last week, I think. Not sure if there will be new ones or a new season.