Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 Season 3 Premiere Date Announced + Some Minor Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-03, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 Season 3 Premiere Date Announced + Some Minor Spoilers

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - As it did last season, FOX will air the season premiere of its thriller "24" commercial-free.

The series, returning for its third season, is scheduled to debut at 9 p.m. ET Tuesday, Oct. 28, the network announced Thursday (July 17) at the TV Critics Association press tour. Ford is sponsoring the debut -- as was the case last fall -- and will air an extended ad piece at the beginning and end of the episode.

The network is planning a big promotional push for the Emmy-nominated series. A four-minute trailer for the coming season will air during FOX's showing of the movie "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" on Sunday, Sept. 7. A version of the teaser will also air in movie theaters in October.

Gail Berman, president of FOX Entertainment, also dropped a few hints about what viewers can expect in Season 3 of "24." She wouldn't reveal the crisis that drives the plot, but she did offer some details about the status of people affected in the cliffhanger finale of Season 2.
As previously reported, the show will jump three years into the future. Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who's back working at the government's Counter-Terrorism Unit, will have a partner. Bauer's daughter Kim (Elisha Cuthbert) is also working at CTU.

Dennis Haysbert will be back, which would appear to mean that President Palmer survived the biological attack that felled him in last season's finale. The timeline of the show would put Palmer in the middle of a re-election campaign, something Berman says is probably a safe bet.

zap2it
Old 07-17-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: 24 Season 3 Premiere Date Announced + Some Minor Spoilers

Originally posted by Blaster1
Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland), who's back working at the government's Counter-Terrorism Unit, will have a partner. Bauer's daughter Kim (Elisha Cuthbert) is also working at CTU.
Perhaps Kim will have gained a brain or two by this point. Unless her job is a secretary.
Old 07-17-03, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: 24 Season 3 Premiere Date Announced + Some Minor Spoilers

Originally posted by Blaster1
Bauer's daughter Kim (Elisha Cuthbert) is also working at CTU.
oh joy.
Old 07-17-03, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought it took people years of experience and gaining skills to be accepted to work at CTU. How the hell did Kim get a job there? Couldn't she instead be working at a topless carwash or a local gentleman's club instead?
Old 07-17-03, 05:06 PM

Oh great Kim is gonna be working at CTU. Now FOX can finally do that 24 and When Animals Attack crossover. Just think CTU being overrun by terrorists bobcats, cougars, llammas, and weasels. Seriously atleast if they keep her at CTU her day can't get too stupid can it?
Old 07-18-03, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kim at CTU is just ridiculous. Even if she has some kind of meaningless job (which I assume she will given her obvious lack of common sense), it is still a ridiculous way in order to get her back into the show. I am hoping that she has a very minor part next season...
Old 07-18-03, 07:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
While I agree it's silly and unbelievable to have Kim work at CTU, it's about the only way the producers/writers can keep her on the show for it to make a slight bit of sense. As we all know, her part on the show last year was pointless.

This way, she can be part of the main storyline on a weekly basis ( ) and not part of some stupid sub-plot.

I guess I'm OK with that.
Old 07-18-03, 07:59 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Why put Kim at CTU? There's virtually no chance she can be cornered by an angry mountain lion there.
Old 07-18-03, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Bandoman
Why put Kim at CTU? There's virtually no chance she can be cornered by an angry mountain lion there.
Haven't you heard, the CTU offices are being moved to the San Diego Zoo.
Old 07-18-03, 09:26 AM

Hey! maybe Kim has developed a fondness of killing people after Season 2. The body count is really going to soar this year!
Old 07-18-03, 11:55 AM

Perhaps Kim gets killed in the first episode in a sting operation that goes wrong, prompting Jack, feeling guilty for allowing her to get involved with CTU, to go on a massive 23 hour killing spree to exact revenge.

Oh, and he'll help out the President, too. There's that whole assassination attempt thingy and all.

Oops, sorry. I probably should have used spoiler tags!!!
Old 07-18-03, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The more I think about it, the better it sounds. I can see her coming into direct conflict with Tony and others while Jack is on a mission somewhere in the city or overseas or wherever.
Old 07-18-03, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry, but the character of Kim Deus Ex Machina Bauer (which I believe is her full name) needs to go away.

Oh well. I should be glad that President Palmer is back.
Old 07-18-03, 06:42 PM
mwj

I am not too happy to see Palmer survive. They should have had the guts to kill him off like they did in the first season finale with another major character. I will also dissent about Kim since I think Elisha Cuthbert is so hot. If a couple years have passed, Kim working at CTU is a lot less unbelievable than Palmer's survival.
Old 07-18-03, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well let's see what Kim's major qualifications are:

Educational experience: High school for most; junior college at most.

Practical experience: umm... baby sitting job; knack for getting self into impractical situations while wearing tight-tees that show off hard nipples; being able to be kidnapped twice in the same day

Yeah, she seems like the perfect candidate to work at a highly secure facility; after all that little requirement about being competent won't apply to her; especially now that the new line of ultra-tight wife-beaters is out!
Old 07-18-03, 08:25 PM

I agree with mwj. While I liked Palmer, having him survive negates the impact of the season 2 finale. Though, if he ended up in a coma, or ended up having to leave office in some way, I suppose I'd be satisfied. There just needs to have been some kind of major consequence as a result of Mandy's Saran Wrap of Doom, and not just say that he was rushed to the hospital at 8:05, miraculously recovered, and is now on his way to be elected to a second term.

Kim working at CTU doesn't bother me that much. Most of what was stupid about her season 2 plotline was the Perils of Pauline stuff where the writers kept throwing her into one ridiculous situation after another. As a CTU intern (or whatever), she'll actually be involved in the main plot. Cutting over to an Elisha scene won't seem like such a pointless diversion anymore.
Old 07-18-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
Originally posted by huzefa
Well let's see what Kim's major qualifications are:
[snip]
knack for getting self into impractical situations while wearing tight-tees that show off hard nipples;
You say that like it's a bad thing.
Old 07-19-03, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by areacode212
I agree with mwj. While I liked Palmer, having him survive negates the impact of the season 2 finale. Though, if he ended up in a coma, or ended up having to leave office in some way, I suppose I'd be satisfied. There just needs to have been some kind of major consequence as a result of Mandy's Saran Wrap of Doom, and not just say that he was rushed to the hospital at 8:05, miraculously recovered, and is now on his way to be elected to a second term.
I'm pretty sure some sort of major consequence will come from the assassination attempt. It's not like we'll just see them three years in the future, with Palmer running for re-election like nothing happened. Heads will roll--either Palmer's, or someone else's. Either way, I think that the new season will not just start up completely separately from last season's events.
Old 07-21-03, 08:49 PM

Some more possible spoilers. This news sounds considerably better:

source: http://www.post-gazette.com/tv/20030721owen2.asp

Spoiler:

Gordon offered viewers some additional details about the third season of "24," so if you want to remain completely in the dark, stop reading now.

Jack Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) will be his own master, running a CTU field operations unit. Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) has assumed control of CTU's Los Angeles headquarters, and he and Jack have their individual spheres of influence that could put them at cross-purposes.

The relationship between Tony and Michelle (Reiko Aylesworth) has progressed and feeds into a theme of the season: How do you reconcile the work you do with your ability to have a relationship?

Set 2 1/2 years after the previous season, Kate Warner (Sarah Wynter) is back in the first episode. "She and Jack had a relationship and it didn't work out, in large part because of his work," Gordon said.

Being in a sorority in college didn't work out for Kim Bauer (Elisha Cuthbert), who "might have a job," Gordon said. It won't be in CTU, but it will tie her more into this year's plot.

"It's a much more complex story than anything we've ever done before," Gordon said. "It really has layers and layers. We thought long and hard about what happened between last season and this season." A strong antagonist that viewers have not seen before has been on Jack's radar the past two years and will be introduced almost immediately. And yes, President Palmer (Dennis Haysbert), last seen on the receiving end of a poisonous handshake, is alive, although whether he remains President of the United States, Gordon would not say.

"He's back, but we're not sure in what capacity," Gordon hinted. "He's diminished and may not be entirely himself. He's older and more jaded and his trust level has diminished considerably."

After two attempts on his life, that only makes sense.

Old 07-21-03, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

sounds like it has promise.
Old 07-21-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts
that sounds alot better.
Old 07-22-03, 01:47 AM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
Being in a sorority in college didn't work out for Kim Bauer (Elisha Cuthbert), who "might have a job," Gordon said. It won't be in CTU, but it will tie her more into this year's plot.
thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou
Old 07-22-03, 04:18 PM

I CAN'T WAIT! I LOVE THIS SHOW.
Old 07-22-03, 05:44 PM
CineSchlock-O-Rama

Originally posted by areacode212
While I liked Palmer, having him survive negates the impact of the season 2 finale.
Same here. I'm also on board with Kim ... sorta got the feeling they were angling for a La Femme Nikita/Alias transformation after her introduction to the family business. Killin' and all.

But I was angry they brought Mrs. Palmer back last season until they were able to make their case plotwise. So I have a reasonable amount of faith they'll do the same with Acid-palms Palmer.

Still wish they'd go the prequel route, so we can see what made Bauer the badass he is today.

Last edited by G. Noel Gross; 07-22-03 at 08:04 PM.
Old 07-22-03, 06:51 PM
mwj

Still wish they'd go the prequel route, so we can see what made Bauer the badass he is today.
That's a cool idea. Would have solved the Palmer problem too. He could have been a Senator.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.