Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

So, who's gonna watch the new TNN shows tonight?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Will you be watching?
I'm tuning in
55.00%
I'm tuning out
45.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

So, who's gonna watch the new TNN shows tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-03, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Numanoid •<HR SIZE=1>Oh geez, look out, TNN has raised das' Cranky-meter to maximum! <HR SIZE=1>

Heh ... the power surge that fried my TiVo (your 20% is on the way for convincing me into getting a backup mere days earlier) is what sent me over the edge. The boredom of these shows actually numbed me into briefly forgetting about it.

das
Old 07-01-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear about your Tivo, though I'm happy to hear that I helped in some small way. I was just thinking about posting this afternoon to inquiring as to whether you got hooked up with the new unit. Weird. Is your whole unit trashed or just the modem or something? If the HD is ok, you should be able to salvage the recorded shows. I just picked up a 120GB drive for my new unit...gotta love those $60 rebates.

Anyway, back to trashing Ren & Stimpy.
Old 07-02-03, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Numanoid •<HR SIZE=1>Wow. Sorry to hear about your Tivo, though I'm happy to hear that I helped in some small way. I was just thinking about posting this afternoon to inquiring as to whether you got hooked up with the new unit. Weird. Is your whole unit trashed or just the modem or something? If the HD is ok, you should be able to salvage the recorded shows. I just picked up a 120GB drive for my new unit...gotta love those $60 rebates.<HR SIZE=1>

Most frustrating scenario possible: the controlling elements on my A drive got fried, but the data is likely still OK, and my expanded B drive is in perfect shape. However, because the indicies are on the A drive, and no BIOS can access it, everything is effectively gone. I could pay $500+ to get the A drive back, but that's just too damn much.

das
Old 07-03-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, did anyone turn into week 2 of the TNN animation?

Skipped R&S, Gary the Rat wasn't funny, Stripperella features a Mad Hatter-esque villian this week (sounds like he's voiced by Jon Lovitz).
Old 07-03-03, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DGibFen
So, did anyone turn into week 2 of the TNN animation?

Skipped R&S, Gary the Rat wasn't funny, Stripperella features a Mad Hatter-esque villian this week (sounds like he's voiced by Jon Lovitz).
Just Striperella. That show seems good, and it could make a good DVD release in the future.

Ren and Stimpy still looks like it sucks. I watched about a minute of it (the frog torture scenes) and it looked absolutely horrible. And Gary the Rat...what is with the animation? It looks like cheap 70's animation!
Old 07-03-03, 10:16 PM
Banned

I like Gary the Rat. His boss kills me...

"Jesus Andrews! Tell her it's a vagina and not a clown car!"
Old 07-03-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've tuned in for both weeks. So far Gary the Rat has been pretty good both weeks. Ren and Stimpy has absolutely BLOWN both weeks!

The best show of the lot is definitely Stripperella! Stan Lee even performed one of the voices tonight. Stripperella is most likely going to be the big series for TNN.

Someone has got to tell John K. that gross does not= funny.
Old 07-04-03, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by calhoun07
And Gary the Rat...what is with the animation? It looks like cheap 70's animation!
I think Kelsey Grammer said that the cartoon is produced in Flash, which would explain why it seems so stiff at times.
Old 07-04-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 213 Likes on 186 Posts
I finally saw Gary the Rat and it was alright... Now Striparella I really like. It's funny cuzz I don't like PAMELA ANDERSON at ALL, but since the cartoon started I Love it [cartoon] and R&S=Sucks...
Old 07-04-03, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I thought Stripperlla was great last night. I loved Cheapo as the villian.

Didn't give the New R&S and GTR a 2nd chance - I deleted them off my Replay recordings after last week's stinkeramas.