DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   lucky 6/24 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/301523-lucky-6-24-a.html)

jpcamb 06-26-03 07:09 AM

lucky 6/24
 
Suprised there are no threads on this show for the past few weeks. I just watched Tuesdays episode. The first disapointing one this season for me. I really don't like the crack head character. I like him a bit more after last night but he so unlikable an episode around him was not enjoyable to watch.

I'm still bummed that next week is the season finale. I hope the show gets brought back as John Corbits (sic) is just fun to watch, Ever and the two fat guys are also great.

jkingfish 06-26-03 07:45 AM

I fear bad things here considering I LOVE the show and even I have forgotten about it. Summer's just tough for a pick up show like that. I know we have so much going on that I can barely keep the day straight, much less pin point 10:00 on a Wednesday. I need to catch next week though!

jpcamb 06-26-03 08:50 AM


Originally posted by jkingfish
I fear bad things here considering I LOVE the show and even I have forgotten about it. Summer's just tough for a pick up show like that. I know we have so much going on that I can barely keep the day straight, much less pin point 10:00 on a Wednesday. I need to catch next week though!
ummm its 10PM on Tuesday. :)

I really need to get a tivo as I love the show but have missed it more than a few times for the original runs. The only thing that saves me is they run last weeks episode after the show. I think its also on Fridays late at night or something....

Geofferson 06-26-03 09:03 AM

Damn, forgot to watch it. That was the only one I missed. Hopefully it'll be on again this week.

jkingfish 06-26-03 09:10 AM


Originally posted by jpcamb
ummm its 10PM on Tuesday. :)



o_O

...... :/

um... see what I mean?


sad thing is I typed Tuesday and then wednesday and then tuesday and landed on wednesday. Holy black holes Batman!

movieking 06-26-03 10:29 AM

From what I heard, this was probably only going to last one season due to the ratings. Is there any new word about the possibility of a second season?

Morf 06-26-03 10:48 AM


Originally posted by movieking
From what I heard, this was probably only going to last one season due to the ratings. Is there any new word about the possibility of a second season?
... :eek:

I surely hope not! If there was ever a show deserved a second season, this would be it.

jpcamb 06-26-03 10:49 AM

Does FX have a history of axing shows quickly or are they too new to tell? How much a clone of Fox are they?

Groucho 06-26-03 11:02 AM


Originally posted by jpcamb
Does FX have a history of axing shows quickly or are they too new to tell? How much a clone of Fox are they?
FX hasn't done a lot of original series, but so far they do seem supportive of the few shows they have. But not renewing a series with poor ratings is not the same as axing it early.

Wizdar 06-26-03 11:10 AM


Originally posted by jpcamb
ummm its 10PM on Tuesday. :)
Unless youíre on the left coast. With DirecTV. ;)

Geofferson, they generally run a new show followed by the previous show, so maybe youíll get a chance to catch it. Itís also on Friday at midnight.

I think I agree with jkingfish. I like the show a lot. Iíve enjoyed John Corbettís work since his Northern Exposure days. But I doubt Iíll miss it if it goes away. Seems like itís meandering without any real purpose.

They seemed to be trying to make a statement with Danny, but Iím left with a ďwho caresĒ attitude. Although the part where Lucky is trying to play poker was damn_funny.

I think itís making a positive impact on the future of TV, though, with the use of the ďSĒ word. Iím wondering how many other shows will see this as a sign that the ďcrapĒ upgrade is OK for normal use.

Boot 06-26-03 01:19 PM

I also thought this ep was pretty weak because the drug addict just annoys me. Still, this is a good show and I will hate to see it gone if it doesn't come back next year.

Lucky' gf on the bed with just a few bills covering her breasts and beaver was pretty damn sweet, though.

Wizdar 06-26-03 01:57 PM


Originally posted by Boot
Lucky' gf on the bed with just a few bills covering her breasts and beaver was pretty damn sweet, though.
Yeah, I didn't know which I was :drool: more, the money or the honey...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.