TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beg, Borrow and Deal. Season 2 starts July 8

Old 06-25-03, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Beg, Borrow and Deal. Season 2 starts July 8

Season 2 debuts on July 8. The task lists looks really good this time. Here's the link to all the relevant info:

http://espn.go.com/eoe/bbd2/index.html
Old 06-25-03, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Looks good. What's with the missing tasks? The rules say a list of 40 tasks, so do they start with 50, and then drop 10? But there are 41 on that list. And I guess they've dropped the point values?

Anyway, last season was fun. I'm looking forward to another, and ESPN's been giving it some heavy promotion, which is good.

das
Old 06-25-03, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[QUOTE]Originally posted by das Monkey
[B]Looks good. What's with the missing tasks? The rules say a list of 40 tasks, so do they start with 50, and then drop 10? But there are 41 on that list. And I guess they've dropped the point values?

LB: Looks like there was 50 tasks listed but some were eliminated due to circumstances beyond their control.

According to the Q&A's done by Doug and Mark, theres a soccer task that according to them was impossible to be done since the "team/players" (US team? a specific MLS team?) was out of the country. (Doug mentions the task would have been hard to accomplish. Play a 5 on 5 game?-must score 3 goals in 10 mins?-a MLS/National team player takes a corner kick and you must head the ball into the net? stop a penalty kick this time? As a soccer fan would have like to know what this task would have been.)

One of the girls mentions ICE fishing as a tough task since they didn't think they would be near a place where its cold. The task is one that is not listed although FLY fishing is.

Also a few players mention that doing a cannonball off a platform was the easist however its not listed on the tasks. (Only swimming one is a 200 yard medley and it must be done within four minutes.)

LB
Old 06-25-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looking forward to it. I remember Kerri Kasem being in Maxim a couple years ago...she was pretty hot.

Task 19: One member must box an entire round with a female professional boxer or Tanya Harding.

Some of the tasks are repeats of last year...and some of them have been modified due to people taking the easy way out (i.e., tattoos must be above the waist and 3 inches in diameter...so that people don't get 'em on the bottom of their feet like last year).

Old 07-08-03, 08:35 AM

Just a remider that this starts tonight (ESPN - 8PM). Got TiVo set for it. It does have many repeats on ESPN2 in case you miss it.
Schedule:
http://espn.go.com/eoe/bbd2/schedule.html
Old 07-08-03, 08:46 PM

I loved the first season but I'm not too impressed so far. The tasks are much harder which is cool, but giving the people cars and food for doing a task is stupid. The whole point of the show is to have them Beg, Borrow and Deal, by giving them stuff it defeats the whole purpose. The voting someone off idea is lame, old and overused. This is not Survivor, let the people play the game and not worry about getting kicked off the show.

Also, everyone seems to know people in every area they go making it way too easy to get a bed to sleep in and to hitch rides. Last season one group almost had to sleep on the streets and I just don't see anything like that happening in this one.
Old 07-08-03, 08:49 PM

I'd just like to add that I think the tasks are so much better. The fact that they mentioned specific athletes are very cool.
Old 07-09-03, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I agree. I like that they've made the tasks difficult (unlike last season where once you got the opportunity to attempt the task, it was essentially a done deal). But the Survivor aspect is so freakin' tired and just bogs down the show with boring drama, and I'm annoyed with how easy it seems for them to get food and transportation. The whole point of the show -- and its primary enjoyment factor -- is lost. Now it's just pretty, rich people with connections trying to do some athletic tasks. I mean, really ... she called up Joe Maloof and he was ready to charter a jet to take her to Sacremento and back ... wtf.

das
Old 07-09-03, 11:41 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Agreed on the harder tasks yet better perks. At the same time I was tired of seeing people begging for rides/favors on every episode last season. Like the time they hung out in front of a supermarket and they were ignored - just embarassing.

Seems like the players are better prepared this year - since they have a better idea of how things play out, maybe they contacted most of their friends and told them to expect a call?

Also, does it seem like the show is moving very, very fast? I think a better introduction to the teams was needed. Eventually the Exodus team seems to be interesting, what with Kerri being the best and worst member right away. The other team is just so nondescript - except the psycho guy who is sure to get booted.