DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Buffy season three question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/301243-buffy-season-three-question.html)

Dr. DVD 06-24-03 11:53 PM

Buffy season three question

Why is it Angel has a tendency to spend a monotonous amount of time with his shirt off? It seems as though the writers kept looking for an excuse for David Boreanaz to disrobe.

Josh-da-man 06-24-03 11:59 PM

I know what you mean.

They could at least throw us a little Willow skin every now and then.

Tom Banjo 06-25-03 12:09 AM

Re: Buffy season three question

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
Why is it Angel has a tendency to spend a monotonous amount of time with his shirt off? It seems as though the writers kept looking for an excuse for David Boreanaz to disrobe.
Actually, I seem to remember Marti Noxon saying just that in one of the commentaries.

Doughboy 06-25-03 12:11 AM

Well, he was in Hell for 100 years buck naked. He was gradually adjusting to a dimension where people have clothes. But hey, at least dude was still wearing pants. It's a lot better than James Marsters with nothing but a sock on in Season 6.

BizRodian 06-25-03 12:36 AM

Marti likes to show skin.

Personally, I don't care at all, it was never in a real contrived situation as far as I'm concerned. Compair this to something like the 4 episodes of Dark Angel I saw where EVERY TIME Max had to dress up or act like a whore to get her job done. It was pretty silly.

spainlinx0 06-25-03 09:30 AM

A monotonous amount of time? I don't know what word goes there, but I'm pretty sure that monotonous doesn't fit.

clemente 06-25-03 07:09 PM

Originally posted by BizRodian
Compair this to something like the 4 episodes of Dark Angel I saw where EVERY TIME Max had to dress up or act like a whore to get her job done. It was pretty silly.
Yeah, but that's okay! :)

Actually, no matter how hot she was, I couldn't make it past three episodes....I salute you!

Jay G. 06-25-03 07:22 PM

Originally posted by spainlinx0
A monotonous amount of time? I don't know what word goes there, but I'm pretty sure that monotonous doesn't fit.
A better word would be <i>inordinate</i>, or some other synonym of excessive. Monotonous usually refers to something consistently the same (literally it means "single tone"). Since Angel had his shirt off a lot of time, but not <i>all</i> of the time, monotonous doesn't work.

DRG 06-25-03 09:51 PM

Notice as soon as David Boreanaz started going through his 'puffy' phase (and I'm not referring to P Diddy) the shirtless spots all but stopped?

A better question is... why do 90% of all conversations on the show Oz take place in the showers? Or do I just have bad timing in turning that show on? :)

clemente 06-25-03 10:05 PM

Cause teenage girls were a large majority of the audience and teenage girls thought Boreanez was dreamy.

rfduncan 06-26-03 07:50 AM

Hey - wait 'til you get to season 4!!!! Reilly Finn is even MORE unclothed than Angel EVER was it seems! :D:thumbsup:

Dr. DVD 06-26-03 04:10 PM

Yeah, come to think of it, a lot of Buffy's love interests seem to lose their clothing. Spike spent a lot of his tenure as Buffy's lover unclother as well.

Jlbkwrm 06-26-03 07:59 PM

Spike wins the 'Put on some freaking clothes, already!' contest, IMO. He spent so much time shirtless that James Marsters stopped working out, hoping that if he got out of shape, they wouldn't make him spend as much time shirtless.

BizRodian 07-05-03 01:24 AM

Which is funny, because in season 2 he ASKED to be shirtless and they denied him it. He wanted to wear his coat like a bathrobe in Innocence.

Actually, no matter how hot she was, I couldn't make it past three episodes....I salute you!
Don't. Just feel sorry for me. I can't belive I wasted that time.