TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sex and the City- new season starts tomorrow.....

Old 06-21-03, 09:38 PM

Sex and the City- new season starts tomorrow.....

So the new season starts tomorrow. Problem is, it seems like forever ago the last season ended and I don't remember where it left off. Any help?
Old 06-22-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From HBO.com:

The girls are invited to the unlikely wedding of Carrie's supposedly gay friend, flamboyant lounge singer Bobby Fine to society lady Bitsy Von Muffling. Stunned by the news, Carrie thinks about what it takes to make a relationship work. She asks: When it comes to saying 'I do,' is a relationship a relationship without the zsa zsa zsu (aka: that special something that gives you butterflies in the stomach)?

Charlotte's new 'just sex' partner, Harry, invites her to be his date for the big Hamptons wedding. Charlotte worries about his crass behavior, but accepts provided that hairy Harry wax his back. In another not so clear relationship, Miranda inexplicably finds herself having sex with Steve. Meanwhile, Samantha calls upon the services of her ex, Richard, in another way: she arranges to throw a party at his house in the Hamptons.

On the way out to the Hamptons, Carrie runs into Jack Berger, who tells her he broke up with his girlfriend. Carrie can't help but feel that zsa zsa zsu. At Samantha's fabulous pool party, Carrie and Berger have a heart to heart about relationships past, but it's too much for Berger to handle and he departs suddenly and swiftly. Carrie wonders if she should just throw in the towel and settle for a so-so relationship. Samantha struggles to enjoy herself because of the appearance of three of Richard's bikini-clad bimbo babes. She accuses the party-crashers of freeloading but realizes that she herself is still hurting over the end of her affair with Richard.

At Bobby and Bitsy's wedding, the girls find themselves moved by the mutual love of the bride and groom. It appears Bobby and Bitsy do have the zsa zsa zsu. Obviously inspired, Charlotte tells Harry mid-dance that she may be falling in love with him. He says he shares her feelings but that he's Jewish and he has to marry a Jew. Also on the dance floor, Berger tells Carrie that he'd like to go on a date with her before they break up. Carrie is reminded why she refuses to settle for anything less than butterflies.
Old 06-22-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Question, are these the last 13 episodes or are they gonna do like a mini season a few months from now.
Old 06-22-03, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aren't there 20 episodes in this season?
Old 06-22-03, 05:00 PM

I appreciate the update. I love the show and watched it religiously last season, I just couldn't remember all the details on how it ended. It would be interesting to know how many episodes will air this season though. Anyone?
Old 06-22-03, 06:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

From what I remember, we'll get 12 episodes now and then the final 8 in January. Of course, it's been months since I heard the news, so my episode count might be off.

EDIT: Just confirmed it on HBO.com - "Season Six will be longer than ever before - a total of 20 episodes - with 12 to debut June 22 and the remaining eight to air in January 2004."
Old 06-22-03, 06:17 PM

Woohoo....

Less than 2 hours away.

Old 06-22-03, 09:27 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I loved the new episode, especially the bit where
Spoiler:

Carrie walks around the corner and bumps into Aidan

Old 06-22-03, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"The market, the market"

I think this season is off to a fast start.

I thought there were 2 good LOL moments
Spoiler:
(the poop on Miranda's face, and Wallace Langham falling out of his chair trying to shoo away the bird at the "semi-date" for Carrie).

Spoiler:
I guess Aidan is totally out of the picture for good, perhaps. Glad they didn't include his name in the guest-starring credits, which maximized his sudden appearance as Carrie's running from Berger because she didn't want Berger to see her in casual wear.
Old 06-23-03, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Over all a good episode, I have to admit I was not looking forward to the season premier. Last season with Carries overacting left a bad taste in my mouth, seems she has gotten over that need to overact. I only wish the season 4 dvd included the mini season 5 so I could remember how the last episode left off. I was suprised to see Charlotte was still with the bald guy.

Glad to see Ron Livingston again and the inclusion of the special guest was a great suprise. Looks like a good season so far...
Old 06-23-03, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Was it just me or did the episode seem to just fly by?

I'm really glad the show is back. I do hope however that
Spoiler:
They don't drag out the Miranda/Steve thing and turn it into a Friends Ross/Rachel thing.
Old 06-23-03, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Good episodes usually do fly by.

Miranda's phone message was sooooo bad!
Old 06-23-03, 08:55 AM

Great premiere last night. When good episodes like this are on, it's all the more reason to wish these were hour-long shows.
Old 06-23-03, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Not my favorite show in the world, but one line had me falling off the couch:

"Will you please unlock your handcuffs so we can use ours?"

Great line - maybe someday I'll have a chance to use it.
Old 06-23-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
Good episodes usually do fly by.

Miranda's phone message was sooooo bad!

I hope this actress gets paid more than the other ladies (besides SJP that is). Is there a body fluid or substance that hasn't landed on her? Sure, I know all have been fake (I hope). But that diaper scene was just disgusting. To say the least.
Old 06-23-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

What a great, great start to the season. I had really missed this show.

das
Old 06-23-03, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When is the replay (I only have HBO1)
Old 06-23-03, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Tue 6/24 11:00 PM
Wed 6/25 9:00 PM
Sat 6/28 11:00 PM

das
Old 06-23-03, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by das Monkey
Tue 6/24 11:00 PM
Wed 6/25 9:00 PM
Sat 6/28 11:00 PM

das
Thanks.
Old 06-23-03, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Samantha

What happened? Does she now have a no tits - just ass clause in her contract?

The ass is good, but her tits are great. I hope she didn't go the SJP route.
Old 06-23-03, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Like the episode a great deal. I found last season to be a bit of a let down but it looks like they are getting more comedy back in the episodes this season. Seeing Aidan was a bit of a shock. I had to think for a minute - how long has it been since he and Carrie broke up? I was so busy watching season 4 on dVD I forgot a whole extra year went by! Poor Miranda though. In addition to the whole diaper incident, she finally realizes Steven's the guy for her and he's moved on. I can see Miranda moving on to a couple more guys before the writers get her and Steve back together (just a guess though).
Old 06-23-03, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought that it was pretty quick for Aiden to be married with a kid as well. I just finished watching Lucky, and never expected him to show up on the first episode of this season of SATC...
Old 06-23-03, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It would have been hilarious if Ever Carradine came out of the store as Aidan's wife.
Old 06-23-03, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ever Carradine is hot!

I think that Charlotte is still the hottest of the SATC chicks though...
Old 06-24-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by movieking
I thought that it was pretty quick for Aiden to be married with a kid as well.
I forget... did he SAY he was married? It would make sense that he moved fast into that scenario though. As you may recall, he was rushing Carrie to the altar figuring that was the only way he could trust her. If his trust issues with women continued, he'd probably at least get someone knocked up to tie them down.

GREAT EPISODE! I wanted MORE as soon as it ended. They seem to be pulling out the stops for this last season. I DO want more Stanford Blatch this season though - please wrap up his story!!!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.