DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Favorite late night show? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/300483-favorite-late-night-show.html)

Scott27 06-20-03 11:41 PM

Favorite late night show?

What's your favorite late night show? For me it's gotta be Jimmy Kimmel Live - a refreshing change of pace from the usual network late night show.

B.A. 06-20-03 11:51 PM

Conan - followed very closely by Letterman.

Da Thrilla 06-21-03 12:36 AM

Conan

MrX 06-21-03 12:40 AM

The Daily Show with Conan a close second

nny 06-21-03 01:14 AM

The Daily Show's obviously the best, but I'll vote for Kilborn because he's the most underrated.

Blaster1 06-21-03 02:12 AM

Jimmy Kimmel Live is the only one I can watch all the way through. It just seems to fly by.

Jackskeleton 06-21-03 04:11 AM

conan. I don't get jimmy kimmel anymore sadly.

calhoun07 06-21-03 06:24 AM

Kimmel, when I can watch it! My ABC affiliate airs it at 12:30 am.

atlantamoi 06-21-03 06:28 AM

Letterman. The one show that I have loved since it's first days and still cracks me up. If I could complain about one thing it was that David always had weaker music segments than Conan, but lately the bands on Letterman have been more risky and interesting.

Chew 06-21-03 06:51 AM

Daily Show by far.

I've just started watching Conan and continue to watch Leno (more out of habit than anything) and Letterman

NCMojo 06-21-03 09:29 AM

This seems like a list where everyone is begging for the second-place trophy. I mean, Letterman is good, and Conan has just come miles and miles... and even on it's worst night, there's still something funny on SNL.

But this thread really oughta be titled... what's your favorite late night show... other than The Daily Show?

MrN 06-21-03 10:57 AM

Thats unusual - more posts for 'The Daily Show' than votes.

I voted for Conan.

Red Dog 06-21-03 11:00 AM

Originally posted by calhoun07
Kimmel, when I can watch it! My ABC affiliate airs it at 12:30 am.

At least they air it. The ABC DC affiliate doesn't air it period.

I vote for Howard Stern on E!.

Ginwen 06-21-03 11:15 AM

I voted for the Daily Show. If that hadn't been an option, I would've picked Conan or Letterman.

Sessa17 06-21-03 12:11 PM

Definitely Conan, but I like Letterman more, feel like I've grown up with him. But the writing on conan & the skits make it the best thing on TV.

Dr_Evil 06-21-03 07:47 PM

Jimmy Kimmel is my choice. He's not good at interviewing and his guests aren't the greatest, but I always watch and always have a good time. I think the week long guest host is this shows saving grace, especially with the people he chooses.

CapRockBrewingCo. 06-21-03 08:05 PM

Conan--however NBC Houston doesn't broadcast it until 1:00 AM. They need to get a clue!

thecrazydude 06-21-03 10:17 PM

Late Show with David Letterman

big whoppa 06-22-03 11:41 AM

I don't tune into late night shows regularly but I think Conan's the best. His skits are original. Leno can be funny at times. I used to love Letterman but since he moved to CBS, I can't watch him anymore. Same tired jokes.

But voted for MadTV even though it comes on Saturday night only.

huzefa 06-22-03 05:21 PM

Daily Show w/ Jon Stewart. I've turned off of Letterman and Leno for a long time now.

JonTurner 06-22-03 07:01 PM

Letterman's always been the best, and although he's very different than he was in his early days, he's still the funniest and far and away the smartest.

When Kilby first came on the air, I used to switch over to Conan, but after Andy left, I gave Kilby another chance, and he's much improved to the point where I prefer his knowingly narcissistic humor much more than Conan's tired, self-deprecating schtick.

Oh yeah, and I wouldn't force an hour of Leno on my worst enemy

PalmerJoss 06-22-03 07:16 PM

I love Letterman because I also grew up with him and his humor is intelligent and doesn't talk down to the audience like Leno does.

I have to rank Conan a very close second because he is always fresh and inventive and almost never boring. He is probably also the best at doing interviews out of everyone mentioned so far.

Andie 06-22-03 08:37 PM

I voted for Leno, because he is the funniest and smartest. Many of these shows have hosts that are very American in their ways, and they become unfunny because they seem to love themselves too much. Leno isn't like that (not that often anyway).

The only thing that I don't like about Leno is that when he has that right extremist guy (don't remember his name) as a guest he lets him run the show, and that spoils it because his jokes always comes out awkward and unfunny to me (probably because he pisses on people who don't agree with his views in his stupid lame-ass jokes, blah!).
Oops, that was totally off-topic, sorry. *blushes*

PJsig08 06-22-03 08:43 PM

I love Conan...Daily Show is a close second. Jon Stewart is awesome, but the way Conan does his interviews, 90% of the time its hilarious. He is always saving celebrties' asses by making a terrible interview into something hysterical.

Too bad Jay is the worst interviewer on late night TV. I enjoyed Leno 3-4 years ago, but damn, he needs Conan to replace him baaaaad.

mwj 06-22-03 09:28 PM

Late Show with David Letterman. I don't watch as much as I used to, but it's still funny.