TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

MTV Road Rules: South Pacific

Old 06-19-03, 04:52 PM

MTV Road Rules: South Pacific

Anyone watching this this season? I have always liked RWorld and RRules but found Road Rules a tad better because of the locations they get to go to, plus all the cool activities they have to do...I believe I caught the first two episodes this year but I'm not caught up I think.

The buried alive mission was frikkin scary, dont know If id do that, you?

What do you think of the only fat guy(Darnell) to ever be on RRules??? He seems a lil too cocky for me...dont know the names of the rest, but there's the conceded guy...One of the girls posed for playboy I think, she seems ok....Anyway, anyone watching??? What do you think of this season????

Oh, are they still eliminating people this season or did they rid if that??
Old 06-19-03, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I've been watching it. There's been 3 episodes so far, and if they fail 2 missions, someone's going home (just like last season).

Donell is definitely one of those personality types who can dish out the insults, but can't take them. He's a jackass, and has poor communication skills.

Abrams is a male chauvinist pig.

Cara reminds me of a young Carla Gugino (Spy mom of Spy Kids fame), and is a little on the reactive side.

Dave is a wuss.

Christena is cool, she's level headed and tries to make the best of the situations.

Marybeth (the one who posed for Playboy) is okay for now. She hasn't gotten on my bad side yet.
Old 06-19-03, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: MTV Road Rules: South Pacific

Originally posted by WNYXican
Oh, are they still eliminating people this season or did they rid if that??
Yes, there will be a couple kickoffs & new people added this season
Old 06-19-03, 08:58 PM

I liked ISLAND WARRIOR!!! He was hysterical!
Old 06-19-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I hate people like Donell (dish it but can't take it). He is making the show a big drama-fest.

Abram seems ok, funny at times

Dave is boring.

Christina seems very cool, talking to Abram for instance when everybody was angry with him

Mary Beth :

Cara : the nagging, will never shut-up woman. Oh goody.

This season is ok for now...no Campus Crawl though. But I'll give it time, maybe it will get better.
Old 06-19-03, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I look at a guy like Donell and wonder if he's ever seen an episode of Road Rules, and if he's ever seen himself in a fullview mirror. Then I wonder how in the world he thought he'd be fit enough to do the physical challenges, regardless of how delusional he thinks of the state of his physical fitness. Putting a guy like that on the show is just cherry picking so you can add more cast members on the show when it becomes inevitable that they will fail 2 missions due to a lack of fitness on Donell's part, plus his personality stinks.
Old 06-19-03, 11:35 PM

I didn't realize Road Rules was still on the air.
Old 06-19-03, 11:38 PM
Suspended

Damn, no wonder Marybeth looks so familiar. *checks playboy folder* Yes, here we are. Mary Beth Decker, Cyer Girl of the Week in September 2002. And also Cyber Girl of the Month for January 2003. Total drool.

Last edited by FuzzyBallz; 06-19-03 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-20-03, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
I look at a guy like Donell and wonder if he's ever seen an episode of Road Rules, and if he's ever seen himself in a fullview mirror. Then I wonder how in the world he thought he'd be fit enough to do the physical challenges, regardless of how delusional he thinks of the state of his physical fitness. Putting a guy like that on the show is just cherry picking so you can add more cast members on the show when it becomes inevitable that they will fail 2 missions due to a lack of fitness on Donell's part, plus his personality stinks.
Interestingly enough, he was just arrested for beating his girlfriend and so watching the episodes in that contest really makes you wonder about how things might have gone during those episodes where they're buying the ingredients for that voodoo cure.
Old 06-20-03, 03:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just saw the report on smokinggunn.com. He is only 5ft6?? They make him out to be some big guy on the show. This makes me wonder how tall the other guys are if he is only 5ft6.
Old 06-20-03, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The guy, Donell, is just fat and short. I'd guess Abram and Dave are around 5'10" or shorter.
Old 06-20-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This season hasn't been so great thus far, I am tired of Abram and Donell already. Mary Beth or whatever her name is pretty freaking hot. I think that is the first time they have had a person that was in playboy before being on Road Rules.
Old 06-20-03, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why does MTV always pick an angry black guy? Talk about putting a stereotype out there
Old 06-20-03, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Not always. What about that dreadlocked guy in the early Road Rules (third season I think) who dated the blonde girl and pretty much was the leader of the group. He never does any of the reunion shows either, so he must be pretty fed-up with the experience. Wish I could remember his name, though.

Come to think of it, Teck (RW Hawaii) and Theo (RW Seattle) weren't AYMs either.

Last edited by devilpants; 06-20-03 at 11:51 AM.
Old 06-20-03, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The dreadlocked guy in the third season of "Real World" (San Fran) was pretty cool, IIRC. Puck, on the other hand, needed a serious beating.

And when that one guy slapped the girl in the face -- was it Boston? -- was really messed up. I can't believe they didn't kick him off of the show on the spot.
Old 06-20-03, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by devilpants
Not always. What about that dreadlocked guy in the early Road Rules (third season I think)
Ok, that's one guy out of how many black characters? Too many.
Old 06-20-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
And when that one guy slapped the girl in the face -- was it Boston? -- was really messed up. I can't believe they didn't kick him off of the show on the spot.
That was Stephen slapping Irene (she challenged his masculinity, more or less) on the Seattle edition.
Old 06-20-03, 11:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by devilpants
Not always. What about that dreadlocked guy in the early Road Rules (third season I think) who dated the blonde girl and pretty much was the leader of the group. He never does any of the reunion shows either, so he must be pretty fed-up with the experience. Wish I could remember his name, though.

LB: Devon-Road Rules II wore dreadlocks, dated Emily (who recently is dating James from RR 9) during/after the show. I do disagree that the leader of that version wasn't Devon but Timmy. I think I read that he was down for one of those early challenge things (before Battle Of The Seasons) but something happened to him or someone in his family and either Timmy or Christian took his place.

Come to think of it, Teck (RW Hawaii) and Theo (RW Seattle) weren't AYMs either.
LB: Theo was from Real World Chicago, Stephan (as someone mentioned earlier) was from Seattle cast and hit Irlene. Mohammad was the one from San Francisco-he was the quiet one of the group.
Old 06-21-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Just watched a rerun of -- I guess it was this weeks episode -- the shopping trip. All I can say is -- good grief, what a bunch of drama queens.

How hard is it to go out and buy some stuff -- heck, they coulda gotten the coconuts themselves off a tree. For crying out loud. The one thing you don't do if you want a good bargain is to go around in a large, noisy group -- screaming "tourist". Of course they're gonna shaft you on the price. Go in one at a time and act normal. Seriously, -- morons.

I agree that Darnell is acting like a real jerk too.

Maybe it's just me, but these things look like a breeze -- aside from dealing with the other people in the group. I mean -- they stick you in a coffin -- you know they're gonna dig you up, you got an air supply and a camera fixed on you. Why freak out? Give 'em a show they'll never forget. I sure as hell know what I'd do in that situation.
Old 06-21-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, the reason it's tough is that the producer cast some wack-jobs to be on the show, and that will hopefully cause the desired amount of tension for the missions and for just getting along with everyone on the trip. How could they not know that Abram, who is pretty much a burgeoning misogynist, would cause friction and tension when he's stuck in the winnebago with 3 independently minded females and see who backs down first. The same goes for Donell, who's a putz and a drama queen.
Old 07-01-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Aw man, why couldn't Abram just beat the living crap out of Donell? I really can't stand Donell anymore.

Abram should have been a little smarter and picked on Donell's fatness and out-of-shape-ness, and his "non-manlieness" since he's basically one of the girls in many respects. But Abram's a bull, and could only come up with his stupid "Cornbread" retort.
Old 07-01-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Donell is the worst type of smack talker there is. He can dish it out in loads, but when it comes for him to get picked on, he cries and whines all day long. Abe should have been less physical and really gone to town on Donell's weakness/imperfections, as Patman said. I really don't blame Abe that much though, since Donell is such an instigator and doesn't expect anyone to get angry with him..."I did nothing wrong". Hell, I wanted to punch Donell through the screen last night.

Anyhow
Old 07-01-03, 10:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Donell's a punk. He went too far with some of his comments. He just kept going off on Abram because he could and because he wanted to be all high and mighty towards him. I hope they fail the next mission because Abram was really the one who got them through a lot of those missions.

I'm wondering why Dave didn't say anything during that little discussion at the end about whether or not to keep Abram. Or did they just not show him saying anything?
Old 07-01-03, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Dave's one of the biggest wusses on "reality TV".
Old 07-01-03, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So is Abram getting kicked off or will he stay on the show? I know it ended in a cliffhanger, but wondering if anyone has any insight. I hate people like Donell. If Abram does get kicked off I think Donell should go as well.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright İ 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.