DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   24 Season 1 and 2 Correlation: Did Anyone Notice This? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/299375-24-season-1-2-correlation-did-anyone-notice.html)

PacMan2006 06-16-03 02:08 AM

24 Season 1 and 2 Correlation: Did Anyone Notice This?

I know people are impressed with Mandy coming back at the end of season 2. But I'm rewatching season 1, and noticed something along with that (sorry if I'm mentioning something thats been already stated):

SPOILER for early season 1.............

After Gaines shoots Mandy's girlfriend for trying to extort another million out of him for Mandy's plane job, he states an ultimatum to Mandy, "So, are you in for next summer's job?" She reluctantly agrees. And it would at least seem to me that that "next summer's job" was the handshake with Palmer in the finale of season 2.

The show didn't tie up all loose ends, but I really liked how they brought that part and her character full circle.

Well, did others already know/remember this?

immortal_zeus 06-16-03 03:08 AM

I don't remember that line, but I really don't think it was foreshadowing....after all, the first season revolved around the assassination of David Palmer, remember? How could that line be about the handshake if they thought they were already going to kill him in season 1? Doesn't make sense.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

Groucho 06-16-03 08:16 AM

I thought that this was going to be about the fact that both contained 24 episodes.

areacode212 06-16-03 10:36 AM

This seems to come up a lot. I'm pretty sure Gaines says "this summer" (I lent out my DVD set to someone so I can't check). The first season of 24 takes place in May (someone mentions that the election is 6 months away). If season 2 takes place a year and a half later, then the poison handshake would've been placed much later than either this summer or next. The Gaines/Mandy line was just their way of establishing that Mandy was indeed still "in the game". The job in the summer had nothing to do with her eventual handshake of doom.

PalmerJoss 06-16-03 11:33 AM

Did anyone also notice that both seasons had some episodes that just made you laugh out loud they were so ridiculous(Teri Bauer's amnesia, Kim Bauer being mauled by a mountain lion, etc.)

Chew 06-16-03 11:44 AM

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
Did anyone also notice that both seasons had some episodes that just made you laugh out loud they were so ridiculous(Teri Bauer's amnesia, Kim Bauer being mauled by a mountain lion, etc.)
Yeah, but that's a given. ;)

mwj 06-16-03 04:20 PM

I remeber the line but thought maybe it was a coincidence. It will be interesting to see if season three ties the first two seasons together as one giant plot.

Rypro 525 06-16-03 04:24 PM

The 24 book mentions that it takes place on super tuesday.

TK-421 06-17-03 08:34 AM

And what ever happened with the German woman Nina talked to at the end of season 1? Did the evil guy at the end of season 2 have a German accent? Maybe that's another connection?

kaze0 07-07-08 09:27 AM

Hmmm.

cdollaz 07-07-08 09:45 AM

And WTF happened to Behrooz?????

Behrooz, dammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doughboy 07-07-08 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz

Behrooz?! What the hell happened to Presidents Keeler, Logan, and Palmer V.2?

rfduncan 07-07-08 10:47 AM

-ohbfrank- I'm all for conspiracy discussion, but this thread has gone downhill fast.

Originally Posted by immortal_zeus
the first season revolved around the assassination of David Palmer, remember? How could that line be about the handshake if they thought they were already going to kill him in season 1? Doesn't make sense.

The second post answers it quite plainly. Why would they be discussing the handshake murder attempt already? They hadn't failed in their current assassination attempt yet.

Chew 07-07-08 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by kaze0
Hmmm.

A 5 year bump for a Hmmm? :whofart:

Gunde 07-07-08 11:32 AM

He served his purpose and went home. WTF, why is it even a question!?

cdollaz 07-07-08 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Gunde
He served his purpose and went home. WTF, why is it even a question!?

Yeah, I agree, and I really don't give a crap where he is either. My comment was in honor of those people who get their nuts in a knot wondering what happened to him. Probably the same people who want them to show footage of Jack eating and shitting, since apparantly he never does those things and the are of vital importance to the plot.

Shannon Nutt 07-07-08 01:37 PM

He's still on the looze.

Shannon Nutt 07-07-08 01:39 PM

Probably the same people who want them to show footage of Jack eating and shitting, since apparantly he never does those things and the are of vital importance to the plot.

Actually there's a scene late in Season 1 where Jack is dead tired and we see him scarfing down a plate full of food. But after about Season 2, they pretty much gave up on the whole timeline being "realistic" in any logical sense.

Decker 07-07-08 04:24 PM

I don't have a problem with the way they do things, but just once, I'd like them to come back from commercial and have Jack exiting the bathroom just to shut up the critics.

And while were' at it, it would be nice to have some CTU supervisor say something at like 10:52 "Well, everything looks pretty stable now, but to be safe let's just keep a really close eye on this situation for like 8 or 10 more minutes. Bad things tend to happen here at the end of the hour."

Jim Patterson 07-08-08 12:04 AM

[QUOTE=Decker]I don't have a problem with the way they do things, but just once, I'd like them to come back from commercial and have Jack exiting the bathroom just to shut up the critics.

Season Four

JuryDuty 07-08-08 08:00 AM

[QUOTE=Jim Patterson]

Originally Posted by Decker
I don't have a problem with the way they do things, but just once, I'd like them to come back from commercial and have Jack exiting the bathroom just to shut up the critics.

Season Four

I never cease to be amazed by the knowledge and memory related to TV shows in this forum. I have a hard time remembering what season 4 was about, let alone that there was a split second scene where Jack came out of a bathroom! LOL

Arthur Dent 07-08-08 10:32 AM

[QUOTE=JuryDuty]

Originally Posted by Jim Patterson

I never cease to be amazed by the knowledge and memory related to TV shows in this forum. I have a hard time remembering what season 4 was about, let alone that there was a split second scene where Jack came out of a bathroom! LOL

I finished watching season 4 a couple of weeks ago and I can't even remember that!