DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Favorite Sopranos "whacking"? (spoilers w/o tags) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/299146-favorite-sopranos-whacking-spoilers-w-o-tags.html)

Rypro 525 06-14-03 06:14 PM

Favorite Sopranos "whacking"? (spoilers w/o tags)

(btw, if you know anything about who gets killed in season 5, use spoiler tags)
Either the whacking of BigPussy in season 2 or the whacking of Ralphie in season 3 or 4.

Bandoman 06-14-03 06:49 PM

BigPussy. The best wacking ever. Up there with Luca Brazzi from Godfather.

wildcatlh 06-14-03 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Bandoman
BigPussy. The best wacking ever. Up there with Luca Brazzi from Godfather.
Agreed.

Numanoid 06-14-03 11:53 PM

Oh come on. The BigPussy whacking was nothing. Did we even see it? (I can't remember.) The Ralphie whacking, on the other hand, was quite visceral, and I remember it clearly. The classic "head in a bowling ball bag"...come on. Tops.

huzefa 06-15-03 12:22 AM

Ralphie was the best; the part where Christopher and Tony are 'cleaning' Ralphie up in the bathtub was unforgettable.

costanza187 06-15-03 12:28 PM

Ralphie

Dr. DVD 06-15-03 12:41 PM

Haven't seen the Ralphie one. BigPussy was good in that it worked on quite a dramatic level.

Red Dog 06-15-03 03:14 PM

I'll go with Tony personally whacking the rat he accidentally ran into in Maine during the college tour road trip with Meadow.

Rypro 525 06-15-03 07:35 PM

Another one was in the season one finale when Christopher and Paulie shoot that guy in that little ditch.

Charlie Goose 06-16-03 03:26 PM

BigPussy getting whacked was emotional because these guys had all been friends since they were kids.

Another good one was when Tony and BP did Matt, the guy who tried to kill Christopher. He was a wannabe gangster who cried for his mommy.

Related question, how many people has Tony himself killed?
BigPussy
Matt
Ralphie
The rat that he found while driving Meadow.
One of the carjackers that Junior sent.

Who am I missing?

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Rypro 525 06-16-03 04:30 PM

i remeber that the today show on nbc the day after had a story on like brutal violence on tv and it was right after the episode where Ralphie kills the stripper. Anyone remeber this or have a link to the story?

Steveweiser 06-16-03 07:56 PM

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Related question, how many people has Tony himself killed?
BigPussy
Matt
Ralphie
The rat that he found while driving Meadow.
One of the carjackers that Junior sent.

Who am I missing?

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Chucky Signore

Colonel Mustard 06-16-03 08:00 PM

Do attempted whackings count? Pine Barrons anyone? :)

Coupon_Queen 06-16-03 11:09 PM

I'd have to say Ralphie.

marty888 06-17-03 08:52 AM

Ralphie whacking the stripper .... Ralphie getting whacked. I'd go with either one as the "best".

(Boy, Ralphie gone really does leave a void.)

Ginwen 06-17-03 11:17 AM

Ralphie's cleanup was more memorable (to me) than the actual whacking, the actual whacking of BigPussy was more emotional. Also that wannabe gangster kid in season 2 or 3 (the one where there was a witness to Toni and BigPussy doing the killing).

Tracy (I think that was her name) the stripper is the one I most hated, that was very nasty.

As far as near-whackings, I think Tony and Gloria was the all time topper.

Edited to fix Big *****'s name.

Rypro 525 07-09-03 03:00 PM

Also really loved Richie's whacking by Janice, just cause I hated him so much.

PalmerJoss 07-10-03 12:07 PM

I loved the Jackie Jr whacking. Just completely out of the blue, which is also why I loved the Ralphie whacking because you didn't expect Tony to kill him. I mean, the guys son was in the hospital for chrissakes! Who'd have thought he'd be killed after that? As for Jackie Jr, the kid had it coming. I'm wondering if Paulie is gonna get it in the 5'th season though.

Jobronie 07-10-03 12:39 PM

Originally posted by PalmerJoss
Just completely out of the blue, which is also why I loved the Ralphie whacking because you didn't expect Tony to kill him. I mean, the guys son was in the hospital for chrissakes! Who'd have thought he'd be killed after that?
Ralphie's whacking worked so well for a few more reasons:

they called off the hit in Miami a few weeks prior with literally seconds to spare (Ralphie leaves the pool and pulls a Travis Bickel with his unknown-to-him whack-er in the elevator)

Joey Pants had been doing a TON of press right before the ep (show, book, and restaurant), and he gave NOTHING away. He was all smiles and laughing about how he almost lost the best job he ever had (Miami ep), but they spared him at the last minute. As Master Thespian would say: "Acting!!"......

razorbackfan 07-10-03 01:01 PM

Gotta be Ralphie. Reminds me of a missing person I investigated years ago. Found him in a freezer in trash bags...lots of trash bags.

jpcamb 07-10-03 01:54 PM

most enjoyable would be Ralphie.

Followed closely by the accidental killing of Richie by Janices which technically was not a whack but well deserved.

JasonF 07-10-03 02:52 PM

I kinda liked when they whacked Patsy Parisi's brother -- they picked him up at the airport, drove him home, listened to him rant about tony, and put a bullet in his head. Nice!

Mikey Palmice's whacking was also great, especially when they show his last moments with his wife, followed by her subsequent recollection of those last moments.

The near-miss on Ralphie and Johnny Sack was awesome.

Matthew Bevelaqua and Sean Gismonte's failed hit on Christopher was pretty cool, especially when Bevelaqua went running to Richie and Richie chased him away.

And who could forget Christopher's near miss in Season One, when he's spared only because he had once changed Livia's storm windows for her. I loved when Christopher begged for his life, thinking Tony had sent the killers.

thecrazydude 07-11-03 04:03 PM

Ralphie...great scene

Rypro 525 12-31-03 10:44 AM

One question, I know they burried Ralphie in the dirt in the bowling bag, but did everyone else eventually find out that Tony did it?
And how about for an odd accidental whacking, when Christopher whacks Adrianna's dog by sitting on it because he was high on heroin.

Brian_92gsr 12-31-03 11:10 AM

Nobody even knows Ralphie is dead, only missing.