DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Amazing Race-Leg 4 (6/19) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/298845-amazing-race-leg-4-6-19-a.html)

Mark Holtz 06-13-03 01:47 AM

Amazing Race-Leg 4 (6/19)

My goodness. Due to a simple error of pronounciation, a team was eliminated from the race.

On the next episode of The Amazing Race:
Spoiler:
Check Your Tires Because...Oh God, You Never Know What'll Happen!
* When Steve & Josh argue over money, unresolved issues boil to the surface.
* Reichen & Chip and Tian & Jaree jump to the head of a line, sparking an explosion of accusations and threats of slashed tires.
* The line-jumping incident forces Tian & Jaree to confront each other about the way they play the game.
* Chuck faces a bout of claustrophobia in a small racing car.

"Greenpeace showed up and said, 'Will you stop throwing whales from the tower?'"

tor_greg 06-13-03 02:01 AM

Haha, when Josh and Steve took the fast forward in Leg 3 and realized how far ahead they were, they passed a mini golf place and argued for a good 5 minutes over whether they should stop for a round of putt-putt (guess who wanted to play golf and air hockey and who didn't).

BizRodian 06-13-03 03:20 AM

Spoiler:
The slashed tire confrontation next week makes Stevedave look SCARY! :O

B.A. 06-13-03 07:21 AM

I don't see how Steve/Dave can stay in it much longer. I vote for them to be eliminated - but I will probably be wrong. I am not going anywhere near the NFL Wives Club - those two keep proving everyone wrong each week.

Groucho 06-13-03 07:36 AM

Team Coronary will probably be eliminated. They're good guys and they give it their all, but the game is just too physical. They got lucky in Leg 3.

Struz 06-13-03 07:39 AM

I think Steve and Dave will be next but I'm hoping it's Team NFL.

icondude 06-13-03 08:13 AM

When they were at the Schönbrunn Palace I would have liked to have seen see a Falco option where you have to carry cocaine and hard liquor to the Wiener Stadhalle. Nobody listens to Mozart and Beethoven. Plus I think these contestants can't pronounce anything correctly in Austrian.

Groucho 06-13-03 08:23 AM

I don't think anybody can pronounce anything correctly in Austrian. There is no such language.

Red Dog 06-13-03 08:29 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
I don't think anybody can pronounce anything correctly in Austrian.

rotfl

icondude 06-13-03 08:38 AM

Originally posted by Groucho
I don't think anybody can pronounce anything correctly in Austrian. There is no such language.
My Austrian friends call it Austrian or Austrian - German

Flay 06-13-03 08:53 AM

Team NFL actually suprised me. They didn't follow like they usually do. They seemed to be leading Team Bar Whores all over the place.

Team Coronary should have been out this episode, but their luck continues.

At this point, I hope the clowns win the race. They are nice guys and they can compete with the best of them.

Canis Firebrand 06-13-03 09:33 AM

I'm hoping that Team Coronary will go out next week, leg 4.

Spoiler:
That preview from Leg 3 with one of them threatening the girls car was pretty scary to see.

And I can only hope that Team Weezer and Geezer goes the following week. At the start of their FFWD from leg 3, when they both dropped the trays I was hoping they wouldn't get it and would be elimiated because they wasted time trying for the FFWD.

And I agree about Team Clown. At first I didn't like them, but as the show progresses I am liking them more and more.
They seem like genuine guys that are able to compete with the rest of the teams. Sticking around to make sure that Millie was ok after her asthma attack was cool. Esp since it made them vulnerable to elimiation since they didn't just continue on.

And her bf is a tool for making her bungee after a massive asthma attack. She looked like she was having another before she jumped and they wouldn't let her take her inhaler up to the top of the tower.

Groucho 06-13-03 09:50 AM

Based on the previews for next week's race, it seems that the Male Virgin is a real wussy. I'm guessing he has a huge fear of heights that trumped Millie's asthma.

Damfino 06-13-03 09:57 AM

Originally posted by Vryce

And I agree about Team Clown. At first I didn't like them, but as the show progresses I am liking them more and more.
They seem like genuine guys that are able to compete with the rest of the teams. Sticking around to make sure that Millie was ok after her asthma attack was cool. Esp since it made them vulnerable to elimiation since they didn't just continue on.

And her bf is a tool for making her bungee after a massive asthma attack. She looked like she was having another before she jumped and they wouldn't let her take her inhaler up to the top of the tower.

I've been rooting for Team Bozo since the beginning. I thought it was incredible that they were more concerned about Millie than Chuck was!

tor_greg 06-13-03 10:11 AM

The tire slashing was an idle threat, the rules forbid sabotage.

Groucho - Chuck is severely claustrophobic.

tofu 06-13-03 10:48 AM

Team Coronary could pull off the same thing that the old couple pulled last season. Just keep hanging around until the end. From the previews, it looks like Team Coronary being far behind doesn't matter since they caught up to the models so they could definitely pull it off.

Damfino 06-13-03 12:31 PM

Originally posted by tor_greg
Chuck is severely claustrophobic.
It makes sense that a virgin his age would have intimacy issues.

Groucho 06-13-03 12:37 PM

Originally posted by tofu
Team Coronary could pull off the same thing that the old couple pulled last season. Just keep hanging around until the end.
The big difference between Teri/Ian and Steve/Dave is that Teri and Ian were much more physically fit than these guys. They also were a lot more competitive as well, from what I've seen.

djbrown 06-13-03 01:11 PM

Originally posted by tor_greg
Groucho - Chuck is severely claustrophobic.
well, looks like Mille can cross one thing off her to-do list on wedding night.....

garmonbozia 06-15-03 03:06 AM

Originally posted by Vryce

Am I mixing them up with another team, or didn't she basically TELL him she was doing it, lol? The description asked some question about who would be the best at doing something and he said something like "that would be me" and she said "but i get to do it right?" So it's not like he chickened out and she had to step up to do it.

Blake 06-15-03 10:29 AM

I'm thinking it will probably be Steve/Dave, but I'm hoping it's Tian/Jeree. There's really no way Team Coronary can stay competitive, but as we saw last week, anything can happen...

Skorp 06-15-03 11:57 AM

I'm voting (again!) for Steve & Dave to be eliminated -- and, eventually I'll get it right. -smile- They lucked out big time last episode, and it's pretty clear that, physically, they just can't cut it.

In fact, if Steve & Josh hadn't helped them cut in line at LAX, they would've been on the third plane and may have been out in the first week, instead of Debra & Steve.

Mark Holtz 06-17-03 11:43 PM

24 hour warning.

Sernov 06-19-03 12:20 PM

Its TARsday!

Team Wounded Knee needs a miracle to hang on, I don't see it... but anything can happen.

Red Dog 06-19-03 01:33 PM

I think I can safely predict that everyone will be tied for 1st half-way through the episode. ;)