DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Ok, who's gonna watch "I'm With Busey"? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/298834-ok-whos-gonna-watch-im-busey.html)

Shilex 06-13-03 12:04 AM

Ok, who's gonna watch "I'm With Busey"?

I've been seeing the promos for this Gary Busey reality show on Comedy Central and it looks hilarious. I recently saw Gary Busey on Howard Stern's show and he is insane. I can't imagine it to be an act at all. Pure 100% USDA Choice crazy.

Mopower 06-13-03 12:17 AM

It looks awsome. That guy is nuts. I break out with laughter when they show the promo where Busey is walking and he runs into that stop sign. Ha ha...

HistoryProf 06-13-03 01:32 AM

this does have a train wreck kind of appeal....i'll invariably watch it if I happen to be around....i'm not gonna set the vcr or anything though.

Now, if they want to start the Anna Nicole Busey show....then maybe i'd be a bit more interested....

Venom 06-16-03 11:27 PM

this show should be awesome. surpized that there is not much talk of it.

anyway,

tomorrow, CC at 10pm.

ClarkKentKY 06-16-03 11:32 PM

I'm there. It promises to be psyco.

freedexter 06-17-03 12:02 AM

Originally posted by brizz
Now, if they want to start the Anna Nicole Busey show....then maybe i'd be a bit more interested....
Let's a take a moment to imagine what their kids would like...

or not...

Borst 06-17-03 12:42 AM

seems like Gary is like a wild animal and Adam is his trainer, or like Gary is a hyper 7 year old and Adam is his baby sitter, just saw them on Jimmy Kimmel show and Adam is always telling him to calm down, sit down, don't yell, ect pretty funny actually

HistoryProf 06-17-03 03:56 AM

after seeing him on Kimmel tonight...I'm pretty sure he's certifiably nuts. this ought to be entertaining to say the least.....

shanester 06-17-03 04:07 AM

Busey is still having side affects from all that "coke" he took in the 80's & 90's..

:)

Jonny2k1 06-17-03 02:07 PM

Busey is awesome, I will watch anything he is in...well with a few exceptions.

Charlie Goose 06-17-03 03:45 PM

Let's see...Ozzy...Anna Nicole...and now Busey.

What other near-idiot, brain-damaged, drug-addicted, rambling, shuffling wreck can we parade out on television for some laughs?
Busey needs rehab and therapy, not an adoring audience chuckling at his deranged antics.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

sho kosugi 06-17-03 04:22 PM

Anyone here in LA see the commerical for this Brentwood clothing store? They have Busey giving a little spiel with the model/host. She looks terrified of the man, it's hilarious.

G. Noel Gross 06-17-03 04:58 PM

I'm in. Always love it when Busey falls into Buddy Holly mode.

Sessa17 06-17-03 05:19 PM

I never watch TV except for sports. But I'm so there for this show. Busey absolutely rules. Look at when he was Howard Stern for an indication of what he will be like on the show. He got up in the middle of the interview & just started wrestling Howard, & I think he scared the hell out of him also. Makes me think, if this show is a hit, how pissed Howard will be again. And I think Busy is a born again Christian.

G. Noel Gross 06-17-03 05:40 PM

Originally posted by Sessa17
I think Busy is a born again Christian.
A Promise Keeper even.

Brain Stew 06-17-03 08:21 PM

Yeah, the producer on one of the commentary tracks of Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas talks about how he was wearing a WWJD bracelet on the set and was talking to her about what it meant. She then makes a remark about how ironic it is.

ClarkKentKY 06-17-03 09:30 PM

Wow, that show was awesome.

I think he tried to bite me.

TheMadMonk 06-17-03 10:25 PM

I enjoyed it. I'll watch it again.

G. Noel Gross 06-17-03 11:33 PM

"Caw Caw!"

"Shut up."

"Man down!"

"Shut up."

Genius.

MrX 06-18-03 12:02 AM

When Adam talked about be stranded on a desert island with Busey and killing himself before Busey raped him I was dying.

This show was great.

cineman 06-18-03 12:54 AM

I'm from Busey's hometown and I met him once. He's a nutjob.

This show proves it.

Dr. Rosenrosen 06-18-03 09:21 AM

I liked the show, but I didn't like how you couldn't tell how much was put-on and how much was actual. In the cutaways they try to tell some kind of story "Busey teaching about women, Busey teaching about warfare", etc., but they should forget any attempt at narration and just show Busey being insane.

Gotta let it pee, let the oyster pee.

G. Noel Gross 06-18-03 09:30 AM

Originally posted by Dr. Rosenrosen
I liked the show, but I didn't like how you couldn't tell how much was put-on and how much was actual.
Folks really get hung up on the "reality" of reality TV. Personally, I couldn't care less. It's hilariously entertaining in either case.

they should forget any attempt at narration
I dug the narration stuff. Goes with the "I'm with Busey" premise and sets it apart stylistically from something like The Osbournes.

Geofferson 06-18-03 11:28 AM

I stumbled upon this last night by accident - hilarious!!!

I'll continue watching...

devilshalo 06-18-03 12:11 PM

Wonder how they got away with Busey only wearling goggles for the paintball spot? Even the Jackass crew wore full masks.

I think the best was when he gave Adam the spear and they went at it in his house. :lol: