Baldwin, Bernsen Back for More 'Celebrity Mole'

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 06-10-03, 07:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?31822

Tue, Jun 10, 2003 01:25 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Neither Corbin Bernsen nor Stephen Baldwin had what it took to win "Celebrity Mole Hawaii" last season.

You know what they say about not succeeding at first, though.

Baldwin and Bernsen are coming back for a second shot at the game, joining six new and reasonably famous players for "Celebrity Mole Yucatan," which ABC has ordered for later this year. A premiere date hasn't been set.

Model/actress Angie Everhart, former MTV VJ Ananda Lewis, comedian Mark Curry ("Hangin' with Mr. Cooper"), ex-NBA head case Dennis Rodman and sitcom kids Tracy Gold ("Growing Pains") and Keisha Knight-Pulliam ("The Cosby Show") will join the two returning players for the game, taking place this time on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Ahmad Rashad returns as host.

"We learned from 'Celebrity Mole Hawaii' that performers play this game very, very well because their acting abilities raise their level of deception," executive producer Scott Stone says.

Those looking for an early favorite might want to put their money on Knight-Pulliam, who's won celebrity versions of both "Weakest Link" and "Fear Factor." (Also of note: Her TV mom, Phylicia Rashad, was married to Ahmad Rashad in real life.)

"Celebrity Mole Hawaii" earned decent ratings for ABC in January and February, averaging just under 11 million viewers a week. As with the previous game, the players will be competing for a pot that could be worth up to $250,000.

Damn it! I really wanted the original Mole format. And I'm not sure about bringing back some of the same players. But we shall see!

Chris
Old 06-10-03, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently Kathy Griffin kept the money that she won on the show last season.
Old 06-10-03, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they should of brought back kathy griffin if anyone. she was the only reason i watched last time. hopefully rodman will make it interesting this time around.
Old 06-10-03, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Rodman is like the only one I've heard of. They should go back to the real Mole.
Old 06-10-03, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
No Coolio? No Justice! No Peace!
Old 06-10-03, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
God, why not just bring back the real Mole!

On the upside, these "celebrities" tend to be people we've heard off.
Old 06-10-03, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by clemente
On the upside, these "celebrities" tend to be people we've heard off.
Yeah, but they all sound very dull and boring. The last one would have absolutely sucked without Kathy Griffin. She made the show enjoyable.
Old 06-11-03, 06:24 AM
Banned

Re: Baldwin, Bernsen Back for More 'Celebrity Mole'

Originally posted by mrpayroll
http://tv.zap2it.com/news/tvnewsdaily.html?31822

Tue, Jun 10, 2003 01:25 PM PDT

LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Neither Corbin Bernsen nor Stephen Baldwin had what it took to win "Celebrity Mole Hawaii" last season.

You know what they say about not succeeding at first, though.

Baldwin and Bernsen are coming back for a second shot at the game, joining six new and reasonably famous players for "Celebrity Mole Yucatan," which ABC has ordered for later this year. A premiere date hasn't been set.

Model/actress Angie Everhart, former MTV VJ Ananda Lewis, comedian Mark Curry ("Hangin' with Mr. Cooper"), ex-NBA head case Dennis Rodman and sitcom kids Tracy Gold ("Growing Pains") and Keisha Knight-Pulliam ("The Cosby Show") will join the two returning players for the game, taking place this time on Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula. Ahmad Rashad returns as host.

"We learned from 'Celebrity Mole Hawaii' that performers play this game very, very well because their acting abilities raise their level of deception," executive producer Scott Stone says.

Those looking for an early favorite might want to put their money on Knight-Pulliam, who's won celebrity versions of both "Weakest Link" and "Fear Factor." (Also of note: Her TV mom, Phylicia Rashad, was married to Ahmad Rashad in real life.)

"Celebrity Mole Hawaii" earned decent ratings for ABC in January and February, averaging just under 11 million viewers a week. As with the previous game, the players will be competing for a pot that could be worth up to $250,000.

Damn it! I really wanted the original Mole format. And I'm not sure about bringing back some of the same players. But we shall see!

Chris
Old 06-11-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pretty pathetic to bring people back. They ran out of wash-ups?
Old 06-11-03, 05:32 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I actually thought both of those guys were interesting in the first celebrity Mole. One thing that sucks about bringing people back is I think we can eliminate them as being the mole.