DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Futurama 6/8 Universe in a box (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/297728-futurama-6-8-universe-box.html)

Jackskeleton 06-08-03 08:44 PM

Futurama 6/8 Universe in a box

Well another new futurama. w00t. Now, that was a pretty fun episode with plenty Zoldberg. :) What did you folks think about it?

Brain Stew 06-08-03 08:47 PM

I thought it was good, but felt uneven. Oh well, new Futurama is better than no Futurama.

wildcatlh 06-08-03 08:58 PM

I thought it was a pretty good episode. Loved it when they were going between the different parallel universes (especially the bobblehead universe)

hotaru_san 06-08-03 09:05 PM

I enjoyed it.

It does go against what they said in the first season about there being only one parallel universe (where they where they wore cowboy hats), but I thought it was pretty funny. It's nice to know that Fry was able to win over Leela in at least one universe. -smile-

Mopower 06-08-03 09:09 PM

This show is starting to get tiresome. IMO.

Eric F 06-08-03 09:17 PM

I didn't think much of it. The show is turning into Friends- "When is Leela and Fry going to hook up." Yeech.

BizRodian 06-08-03 09:27 PM

I quite liked it... nothing laugh out loud funny, but plenty enough to keep me watching.

wildcatlh 06-08-03 09:38 PM

Originally posted by Eric F
I didn't think much of it. The show is turning into Friends- "When is Leela and Fry going to hook up." Yeech.
The thing I don't get is... haven't they ALREADY "hooked up"? (in the previous two episodes). Wondering if this one's a bit out of order (not surprising).

I still maintain that last new episode that was shown in the previous run should've been shown as the last episode. Because it would've worked so well as a final episode.

Pac-Rat 06-08-03 10:17 PM

Originally posted by Eric F
Spoiler:
Boy, you're going to hate the series finale.

For the most part, I agree. But I also think the love story would have played out better if FOX had run the season 4 episodes in order and left it as a progressive, ongoing backstory. You would have been able to see a more gradual story of the two of them and thier feelings.

MrX 06-08-03 10:19 PM

I liked it.

I thought the part in the universe where they're all robots and Fry gets turned down again by Leela and then his head explodes was funny.

Morf 06-09-03 09:39 AM

I love the part where the Professors pull the boxes into one-another. Great gags like that are what makes the show.

movieking 06-09-03 10:19 AM

I thought that it was a pretty good show. But I have just recently started watching Futurama, so if it was tired, I wouldn't know.

MrN 06-09-03 11:01 AM

Great take on the 'parallel universe thats exactly alike except for one thing' concept. And of course they assume the other ones are evil because they're colored different (guess they already did the facial hair gag.)

Not as funny as it could have been but definately loved the universe hopping.

Cornholio 06-09-03 04:32 PM

i thought that episode kicked ass