Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Amazing Race-LEG 2 (6/5)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will arrive LAST at the pit stop?
All Man - Five
62.96%
All Woman - Two
29.63%
Man/Woman - Four
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race-LEG 2 (6/5)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-03, 11:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Amazing Race-LEG 2 (6/5)

On the next episode of The Amazing Race:
Spoiler:
It Doesn't Say Anything About First Come, First Served. And We're Bigger.
Description: Teams slide down a snow covered mountain; a team bullies it's way to the front of a line; an injury threatens a team's confidence.
* While most Teams streak down a mountain on a raft, Kelly & Jon slide down on their butts.
* Reichen & Chip bully their way to the front of a line and block a door, angering other Teams.
* Dave's injury grows worse, threatening his and Steve's confidence.
* In a heart-pounding race to the finish, one mistake could make the difference between staying in the Race and elimination.
Old 05-29-03, 11:43 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
My prediction: Dave and Steve (aka "Team Coronary") will get eliminated.
Old 05-30-03, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
My prediction: Dave and Steve (aka "Team Coronary") will get eliminated.
u mean the airtraffic controller?
i hope titan and jaree, the friend and model stay a bit longer on the show.

there are some early alliance between
1. chris and his grrl friend who cuz alot
2. mullie and her boyfriend
3. josh and his dad.
Old 05-30-03, 07:01 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

The NFL wifes won't last long. They were in a decent position and they stupidly took the fast forward too early.

As for being eliminated next show, I'd have to go with Team Coronary or Team Implants.
Old 05-30-03, 08:10 AM

Originally posted by Flay
Team Implants.

Yeah, they won't last long. Their strategy seems to be the same as the Harvard Bimbos last season: flirt their way to the finish line. While that might get them through a few hard spots, overall it's a crummy plan. Not to mention that they aren't as good at it as Team Harvard was, nor are they as hot ().
Old 05-30-03, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts
Team Coronary? There's nothing wrong with their hearts (yet).

How about Team Wounded Knee or Team PATCO?
Old 05-30-03, 06:27 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 110 Likes on 99 Posts
I think the nfl wives actually appear quite fit. The traffic control guys will be out soon.
Old 05-30-03, 09:45 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not to mention that they aren't as good at it as Team Harvard was, nor are they as hot ().
I was actually surprised they were models. The one looks and sounds like an average career bar waitress.
Old 05-31-03, 12:06 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Got to be the traffic controllers
Old 05-31-03, 01:46 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I think the 2 models will be gone.
Old 05-31-03, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Question about Fast Forwards......

I have a general question about how Fast Forwards work.....

If a team wants to use a Fast Forward, do they first have to stumble upon the route marker for one? Or are they told where it is?

Also, when a team decides to go for a fast forward, do they know that another team may have gone for it at the route marker for it? or do they not know if there is still one for that leg of the race until they have already completed the challenge?
For example, if a second team decided to try for the fast forward, would they not know it was no longer available until after they completed the challenge?

Can you win a fast forward and decide not to use it until another leg of the race?
Old 05-31-03, 12:44 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Fast forward can only be used once, it's in with everyones clues.

So everybody has the option to use it.

If you complete the task it is only good for that leg.

And sometimes multiple teams go for the fast forward and you may only know about it when you get there, and find it taken. In that case you need to go back and complete the main task
Old 05-31-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Got to be the traffic controllers
I concur - you can't win the Amazing Race in slow motion.
Old 05-31-03, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Fast forward can only be used once, it's in with everyones clues.

So everybody has the option to use it.

If you complete the task it is only good for that leg.

And sometimes multiple teams go for the fast forward and you may only know about it when you get there, and find it taken. In that case you need to go back and complete the main task
thanks for the answer.

at what point does one find the fast forward taken? before completing the fast forward task? or after?

you said that everyone gets the fast forward in their clues. does that mean the instructions of the fast forward are in the clues? or are there directions to a route marker with the directions? if it is the former, then does that mean a second team unkowingly going for an already used fast forward would not know it is used until AFTER they completed the task? lol, that's harsh.......
if this is the case.....do teams ever recover from that?

I never saw this show until the last half of last season and only saw one team use a fast forward. Had all the other remaining teams used one at that point? or do fast forwards no longer exist once you get down to like 5 teams or so?
Old 05-31-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
I don't think they know a fast forward has been used until they complete the task to get to the marker. The other night, a team would have had to snow-shoe to the marker before they realized it had been taken already. Then they have to haul balls back to complete the other task, Very time-consuming. and very harsh.
Old 05-31-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

A fast forward is usually out of the way of the normal race, and is time-consuming. There has not been a case where someone claimed a fast forward and then not elected to use it.

In the first Amazing Race, the Fast Forward was included along with the clue when you leave the pit stop. Kevin and Drew then told the Emily and ??? the clue. K&D were not penalized.

Since then, the clue for the fast forward is included at one of the route markers along the way.
Old 05-31-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MarkHoltz

In the first Amazing Race, the Fast Forward was included along with the clue when you leave the pit stop. Kevin and Drew then told the Emily and ??? the clue. K&D were not penalized.

Since then, the clue for the fast forward is included at one of the route markers along the way.
I don't quite understand....were Kevin+Drew leaving the pit stop earlier than the team they told? (wouldn't have that team gotten their clue too when they left?).....so what advantage did they have except time to decide to go for it or not?
Old 06-01-03, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes, Kevin and Drew left the pit stop earlier. They wanted to give Emily and her mother a heads up to give them a little advantage over "Bert and Ernie" (aka Team Guido/"Team Greedo").
Old 06-04-03, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thread bump! This is the FINAL week for the 3-choice polls. After tomorrow night's episode, I can then post the choices between individual teams.
Old 06-04-03, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Good to hear the clarification on the FF. I thought it was simply placed in one of the brochures that they pick out of the box so my thinking was only 1 team had the option of using it each round. The producers made it look that way the other night. They should have done a better job of explaining that for first time viewers. Why didn't that dude and his fat wife try to use it then in Round 1? Surely they knew that they were most in danger of finishing last. Granted, they would have been screwed, but why not take the chance?

I hope the Falcon wives lose, but I think the fat air traffic controllers will lose.

Last edited by Red Dog; 06-04-03 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-05-03, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Red Dog
Why didn't that dude and his fat wife try to use it then in Round 1? Surely they knew that they were most in danger of finishing last. Granted, they would have been screwed, but why not take the chance?
I think people were just afraid to use it up on the first leg of the race (well except those idiots that actually did use it and didn't need it at all). Perhaps they thought they had a chance....they probably assumed they would just pick the least physical of the challenges if they got a detour.....everyone picked the same challenge and no one was thinking it would be that physically demanding because they could not see they had to hike a long ways down after the zipline and I think everyone seriously underestimated the effects of high altitude on their ability to perform physically. I still think some people would have done much better to have taken the snowmobiles and really wished some people had made that choice just so we could see it, lol.
Old 06-05-03, 11:32 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

I really don't get why the powers that be put the Falcon wifes on the show in the first place.

How tough can their life be with husbands in the NFL? The minimum salary for an NFL player is $225,000 in thier first year. It goes up every year after that. Why do they need to compete for 350,000-375,000 each after tax?

At any rate, I seriously doubt they will make it to the end judging by last weeks performance.

Last edited by Flay; 06-05-03 at 11:35 AM.
Old 06-05-03, 11:35 AM

I think that the NFL wives were put there for the novelty. Usually when somebody is well-to-do on one of these shows, the others team up against them anyway...so nobody really expects them to win. But if it gets viewers to tune in and watch, it's a good idea.

Of course, given the way that many NFL players manage their money and end up in poverty late in life, this extra million may come in handy.
Old 06-05-03, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
I think that the NFL wives were put there for the novelty. Usually when somebody is well-to-do on one of these shows, the others team up against them anyway...so nobody really expects them to win. But if it gets viewers to tune in and watch, it's a good idea.

I don't see why anyone would tune in to see these wives. Now if Jason Sehorn's wife was involved.....
Old 06-05-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally posted by Flay
I really don't get why the powers that be put the Falcon wifes on the show in the first place.

How tough can their life be with husbands in the NFL? The minimum salary for an NFL player is $225,000 in thier first year. It goes up every year after that. Why do they need to compete for 350,000-375,000 each after tax?

At any rate, I seriously doubt they will make it to the end judging by last weeks performance.
Why does how much their husbands make matter for anything? This is the "Amazing" Race, not the "Make somebody who is poor, rich" race. They have as much right as anyone to race. Besides, I bet everyone in the race is at least middle class, so none of them need the money.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.