DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Jamie Kennedy Experience on WB (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/297300-jamie-kennedy-experience-wb.html)

Heat 06-06-03 12:20 PM

The Jamie Kennedy Experience on WB

I just saw this last night, extremely funny hidden camera type comedy show.

The skits last night had one guy in Vegas announce to his parents and sister that he is getting married right then. They meet the bride, who is a transvestite ("I'm now a woman, all of those little parts have been cut off"), she tries to talk her son out of the wedding, the bride tries to console her, etc.

And then he had a skit where he was playing a rich man and would offer to pay a man's fiance $1,000,000 to sleep with him. The man was in on it, and was supposed to try to talk his fiance into doing it when she turns him down. But at the start, the man was called away for a moment, and Kennedy tells the fiance everything that is going on and asks her to agree to sleep with him, even as he lowers the price (so the joke is on the man). So the woman agrees to sleep with him for $1,000,000, then for $700,000, then for $300,000, on down to nothing ("but honey, it's a nice room and he seems like a nice guy"). The second similar skit had the same setup, except this time he was asking the guy to sleep with him (the girl was trying to set him up). And of course, the guy agrees, even when Kennedy eventually lowers the price from $1,000,000 to a six-pack of Heinekin. ("I'm a Corona man, but Heinekin is good").

There were a few others, but these were the best. Look it up the next time it is on, it's a good show.

Patman 06-06-03 12:34 PM

The drooling dealer skit was funny too.

briank 06-06-03 12:39 PM

There are TONS of good episodes including this one.

I saw this episode a while back, and it was the one that hooked my wife onto this show.
She loved the "wedding" prank. The grooms parents and his father's girlfriend were just too funny drinking it up.

I liked the one where he "trained" the new newspaper delivery guy as well.

There are some great ones though.

MJKTool 06-06-03 01:17 PM

Originally posted by briank
She loved the "wedding" prank. The grooms parents and his father's girlfriend were just too funny drinking it up.

That cracked me up!! :lol:

Great show.

Heat 06-19-03 12:57 PM

Last week's show, based in New Orleans, was weak compared to the first one. Hopefully tonight's show will be better.

If you like this show, be sure to check out "Trigger Happy TV" on Comedy Central, along the same lines.

Groucho 06-19-03 01:01 PM

How does this show compare to "The Jamie Kennedy Experiment"?

Loc-Nar 06-19-03 01:13 PM

Hmmmm. It's like the TV version of the Phil Hendrie show.

LBPound 06-19-03 07:59 PM

Originally posted by Groucho
How does this show compare to "The Jamie Kennedy Experiment"?
A more suitable comparison would be to the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Anyhoo, the show is mostly funny, although some of the people seem to be playing around even though they suspect something weird. Hell, I guess I would too if it meant being on JKX!

Some of them are really funny, though. The gangbanger driving around with him on the newspaper route was a hoot, and you could tell it was totally real.

It must be getting tougher for him to not be recognized by people, though.

Nazgul 06-19-03 08:28 PM

The one with the cheerleaders at the funeral was funny beyond words.

MrBob 06-19-03 11:35 PM

I've seen a couple of episodes, the show that it replace Off Center was funnier. From what I've seen they usually have 1 really funny skit, and the rest are meh.

My favorite was the Game show skit, where they played a game show with crazy rules, that made no sense, while the 2 guys didn't know WTF they were doing, but Jamie did and was kicking their asses. What was great was that they picked one guy and totally screwed him over at every turn while they let the other guy have a chance by random guessing at what he was supposed to do.

The Exister 07-08-03 02:59 PM

Originally posted by Heat
If you like this show, be sure to check out "Trigger Happy TV" on Comedy Central, along the same lines.
I really like this show for some strange reason. My favorite bits are the ones with the sad penguin. Kind of brings a tear to my eye.

johnglass 07-08-03 03:30 PM

Originally posted by Nazgul
Dude, that was hilarious!

DRG 07-08-03 05:15 PM

Originally posted by Nazgul
This episode had me laughing harder than I've laughed at any tv show or movie in years. I actually had to pause it several times because I was laughing too hard.

My second favorite is the tour of Bob Saget's "home".

thecrazydude 07-08-03 05:48 PM

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only person that loves the JKX!