TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which team will arrive LAST at the pit stop?
Steve & Dave (FP-2, FF-2)
21.88%
Reichen & Chip
3.13%
Kelly & Jon
0%
Tian & Jaree (LP-1)
12.50%
David & Jeff
0%
Jon & Al "The Clowns"
0%
Russell & Cindy
3.13%
Millie & Chuck (FP-1t)
6.25%
Steve & Josh (FP-1t)
3.13%
Monica & Sheree (FF-1, LP-2)
50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Amazing Race-LEG 3 (6/12)

Old 06-05-03, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Amazing Race-LEG 3 (6/12)

Now that the first two teams have been eliminated, we can now vote on the individual teams.

On the next episode of The Amazing Race:
Spoiler:
I Wasn't Even Going to Touch You Until You Slammed My Head Backwards!
Description from Dish: Teams form new alliances; a team stops to help another in distress; a footrace gets physical; teams face their fears during a bungee jump.
Description from TV Guide: A frightening asthma attack brings one team to a sudden halt. Also: the teams must bungee jump from 460 feet

* A frightening asthma attack brings Millie & Chuck to a crashing halt. But they find solace when another Team opts to help them rather than continue on.
* One Team's promise to another Team turns up empty, and accusations fly, bringing an alliance crashing to the ground.
* Blood is drawn when a desperate footrace for a coveted prize gets physical.
* A 460-foot bungee jump finds Teams facing some of their greatest fears. But one wild teammate will attempt the dive in a way nobody expects!
Old 06-05-03, 11:28 PM

Oops, I voted for Steve & Josh (Weezer and Geezer), meant to vote for Steve & Dave (Team Coronary).
Old 06-05-03, 11:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The NFL Wives Club made it by the skin of their teeth tonight - next week, I don't think they will be as lucky. Good thing they already used their fast forward.
Old 06-06-03, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I voted for Steve-Dave. This weeks episode proves you can easily go from first to last place........
Old 06-06-03, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I say Russell and Cindy. Another blowup like that and they'll be gone.
Old 06-06-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Who knows. After watching 2 episodes of AR (never having seen the show before), it seems as if there is no advantage in getting to leave earlier than others since you all will get grouped back together anyway. It all seems to come down to who performs the worst in the final task.
Old 06-06-03, 10:39 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
Who knows. After watching 2 episodes of AR (never having seen the show before), it seems as if there is no advantage in getting to leave earlier than others since you all will get grouped back together anyway.
It varies from week to week, but in general you're right. As we discussed in the other thread, this is done to maintain the tension and drama, rather than having one team simply plow through the game because they got a great lead early on.

If you don't like that, just wait until the first time that a team gets to the finish last...but isn't eliminated.
Old 06-06-03, 11:23 AM

Originally posted by garmonbozia
I voted for Steve-Dave. This weeks episode proves you can easily go from first to last place........
First place wasn't good for the three teams last week either. One got eliminated and the other two only finished ahead of Team NFL.

I voted Team Wounded Knee. They won't be able to gimp around anymore.
Old 06-06-03, 01:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

I think it's a toss up between Team Coronary and the NFL Wives. I voted for Team Coronary though. I don't think they can take much more of this.
Old 06-06-03, 07:44 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

I vote for Millie and Chuck, I just don't see them as competitive enough.

I think the ATC guys have enough of a lead, it was bright when they got in, and dark for others which means they will likely be leaving in the morning so that should have them setting off at 4 or 5am and other teams at the earliest 6am, giving them 1 hour to do the contest and then get to the boat.
Old 06-06-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Gotta go with the NFL wives. I don't seem them being able to make up a lot of time.
Old 06-10-03, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thread Bump.
Old 06-11-03, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think the ATC guys have enough of a lead, it was bright when they got in, and dark for others which means they will likely be leaving in the morning so that should have them setting off at 4 or 5am and other teams at the earliest 6am, giving them 1 hour to do the contest and then get to the boat.
Until they bunch back up again.
Old 06-11-03, 08:25 AM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
Actually, the ATCs probably have a 5-6 hour lead on the other teams, as they went for the Fast Forward instead of waiting for the Masquerade to open. However, that lead will almost certainly vanish, since they will be leaving the Pit Stop around midnight and there will probably be little they can accomplish at that time of night.

Also, it looks like the next destination is Vienna (the Bungee tower) so I imagine they'll be taking a train and not a boat. Train schedules being what they are, it'll probably be a replay of the last leg, with everyone bunched at the station.

I think they are excellent candidates for elimination -- if not on this leg, then very soon.
Old 06-11-03, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The NFL wives are going home after this leg...
Old 06-12-03, 09:04 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

NFL wives if the challenges require intelligence.

Team Coronary if the challenges require physical endurance.
Old 06-12-03, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just as a note.... I was added to a Microeconomics class starting this week and lasting six weeks. This means I will be in class from 5:30-9:30 PM, so the polls for next week won't be created until very late.
Old 06-12-03, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by MarkHoltz
Just as a note.... I was added to a Microeconomics class starting this week and lasting six weeks. This means I will be in class from 5:30-9:30 PM, so the polls for next week won't be created until very late.
I think we can forgive you for your future tardiness.
Old 06-12-03, 06:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It is time.

woohoo!
Old 06-12-03, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Take the tickets from the carriage!

bwuhahahahahahaha
Old 06-12-03, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

and
Spoiler:
Russell and Cindy are eliminated. Oh well, Russell was an a$$hole to Cindy anyway - I don't think she will pursue that romantic interest any further.

I can't believe that
Spoiler:
the air-traffic controllers
survived another leg of the race.
Old 06-12-03, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Yeah, they are becoming very inspirational!
Old 06-12-03, 10:06 PM

I've gotta give props to the NFL Wives. We've given them a lot of grief in here, but consider: they kept ahead for the entire race, were the only team to do the carriage thing correctly the first time, and managed to still have fun and get along with the other teams.
Old 06-12-03, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

tofu - you must have the foresight of the gods.
Old 06-13-03, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
I've gotta give props to the NFL Wives. We've given them a lot of grief in here, but consider: they kept ahead for the entire race, were the only team to do the carriage thing correctly the first time, and managed to still have fun and get along with the other teams.
Unbelievable. They also beat the other teams from the 2nd train. Wow they either ran faster or they were seconds ahead.
Still, it impressed me that they beat everyone in the race to finish 2nd.
It was an exciting ending. I love TARsday!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.