DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Howard Stern said he demanded that they move his show back to 11:00am (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/297197-howard-stern-said-he-demanded-they-move-his-show-back-11-00am.html)

Kube 06-05-03 09:37 PM

Howard Stern said he demanded that they...

...move his show back to 11:00am. Does anyone believe that? Or was it just doing really badly at the new time slot?

ClarkKentKY 06-05-03 10:45 PM

He acted all happy about it earlier in the decision a few weeks ago.... I always thought it sounded like a crappy move.

I bet the numbers came back about the way you'd expect them. Anyone (who isn't an idiot working at E!) could tell you that it has a better chance at 11PM (it's long running timeslot) than up against a well dominated 10 PM timeslot.

They'll move it back, cause their other two shows (Nearly Famous, and Wild On) are completely devoid of entertainment.

fuzzbox 06-06-03 07:47 AM

one would think that if he had enough power to demand a timeslot move, he could also demand that they remove the bottom-of-the-screen scrolls he's been bitching about for years...

I assume that it's what CkarkKentNY said- the numbers were down. But it was only there for, what 3 weeks? Moving something that quickly sounds more like a Fox-like decision than a Cable network..

-jason

Red Dog 06-06-03 08:14 AM

It never made sense to air it at 10. They were bleeping more stuff.

icondude 06-06-03 08:30 AM

I lkie the earlier time, though I had no idea that they bleep more.

Derrich 06-06-03 09:25 AM

I doubt Stern has anything to do with the timeslot change. More than likely the ratings dropped like a rock when all of a sudden it was going against network powerhouses like ER and L&O instead of local news stations.

D

Rico Diablo 06-06-03 09:55 AM

It used to come on at 10pm Chicago time which was perfect. I almost never see it now that it's at 9pm. I either forget or I'm watching something else. I'm all for them moving it back. And eliminating all pixelations. Please?

ClarkKentKY 06-06-03 09:57 AM

Originally posted by fuzzbox
one would think that if he had enough power to demand a timeslot move, he could also demand that they remove the bottom-of-the-screen scrolls he's been bitching about for years...

Actually, for a little while the news scroll and AnnaNicole Ads were gone from the screen during the 11:00-11:30 showing. But at 11:30-12:00 and 2:00-3:00 they were back.

And then when they moved him to 10:00 the ads and scroll showed back up. Probably an honest mistake on that though.

... I didn't catch the part where he talked about this yesterday. I'm curious as to what he said.

fuzzbox 06-06-03 10:16 AM

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Actually, for a little while the news scroll and AnnaNicole Ads were gone from the screen during the 11:00-11:30 showing. But at 11:30-12:00 and 2:00-3:00 they were back.

And then when they moved him to 10:00 the ads and scroll showed back up. Probably an honest mistake on that though.

oh well- I listen to his shows about a month delayed- I just started listening to April, and I think during the last week of March he spent a day or 2 yelling about the scrolls and the AnnaNicole ads. I don't really watch the E! shows, so I have no clue if they're still running them or not...

I'm pretty sure that 99% of the stuff he bitches about he really does have the ability to change, but if he did, he wouldn't have much of a show...

-jason

Steve Phillips 06-09-03 05:23 PM

I think you mean 11:00 PM.

SpaceBoy 06-09-03 09:52 PM

I couldn't agree more, I was missing it all the time with the move.. :thumbsup: to moving back to 10.

Originally posted by Danger1313
It used to come on at 10pm Chicago time which was perfect. I almost never see it now that it's at 9pm. I either forget or I'm watching something else. I'm all for them moving it back. And eliminating all pixelations. Please?