DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Family Guy, possible Movie Coming! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/296634-family-guy-possible-movie-coming.html)

cineman 06-03-03 03:14 PM

Family Guy, possible Movie Coming!

From Dark Horizons

Family Guy: The Movie: Bikkit reports that the cancelled FOX adult animated comedy could be making a comeback. The three-season long show ran on Fox from 1999-2001 but was pulled due to low ratings which weren't helped by an unstable airing schedule - since then however the studio has been very impressed with both the first wave of DVD sales and Cartoon Network re-run ratings, so much so that a direct-to-DVD feature-length new movie is being considered by creator Seth MacFarlane. Seth told Variety that "It's certainly some vindication and a sign that the show is as popular as we always suspected. Fox certainly gave the show more of a chance than a lot of shows would've gotten, and we're indebted to Gail [Berman, Fox Entertainment Chief] for the fact that we even got a third season. But it's also frustrating for everyone who worked on the show. We all felt it was killed before its time". Fox will release a second batch of episodes on disc later this Fall.

edited to include Bikkit link

Rogue588 06-03-03 03:30 PM

Hey, Seth stop kissing Gail's ass.

While it's true that she "gave the show more of a chance", she was helped cancel it by not giving it a stable, PERMANENT slot..

Other than that, this news is :up:

[But i'd still be hoping to get the show picked up again -- as was discussed in a previous FG thread..]

Geofferson 06-03-03 03:37 PM

Great news! :up:

Numanoid 06-03-03 04:38 PM

Cool...imagine the hijinks and innuendo possible on an unrated DVD. :eyebrow:

Jason1973 06-03-03 09:21 PM

I need a change of underwear.

Chad 06-03-03 10:35 PM

Bring it on! :up:

JoeyOhhhh 06-03-03 11:33 PM

Cool.

Know what I would like, maybe a release like Animatrix, throw like a few made for DVD full length episodes or something.

Chew 06-04-03 06:26 AM

Cool :up::up:

movieking 06-04-03 07:52 AM

Could be interesting. When I saw the title of the thread, I thought that it might be going to theatres, where I would think that it would bomb. Releasing it straight to DVD would be a good idea though. i would be willing to bet that it would do good business.

mmconhea 06-04-03 08:33 AM

Although I'm a big Family Guy fan and really hope it comes back somehow, Saying that a Family Guy Movie is coming is totally speculation at this point.

caiman 06-04-03 09:24 AM

Originally posted by Chad
Bring it on! :up:
I don't know if this was an intentional joke or not, but it got a laugh outta me.

Anyway, what I think they should do is make new episodes and send THEM directly to DVD. Say, 30 episodes per DVD, and release them every six months or so. It would be extremely successful - I would buy every single one of them.

edytwinky 06-05-03 01:11 AM

:thumbsup: Great news!

Jobronie 06-05-03 07:05 AM

A Family Guy movie!?!?!?!

Holy crap!!!!

-or-

Let's celebrate with a SEXY pah-tee!!!!

I hope Samuel L. Jackson's available; he's in everything.......

Kaffe_02 06-05-03 12:55 PM

Bring it on!!!!!

slop101 06-05-03 04:04 PM

Giggidy giggidy gig-gi-dy!!!

all..right

cerial442 06-07-03 05:31 PM

This rules. I like this better than I like taffy, and I am a man who enjoys his taffy.

movieking 06-07-03 05:36 PM

Maybe Randy Newman will do the score!