Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Reality show "For Love And Money" on NBC

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Reality show "For Love And Money" on NBC

Old 06-03-03, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Great concept ... someone mentioned that the idea was "stolen" from a thread on DVDtalk.
I like the show. 6 episodes may be a bit short. 5 more girls get the boot/burn on the next episode.

I think Rob is bland and repeats himself with the girls ... what else is there to say but how's it going ... I like your _ insert _ clothing/bodypart/personality trait.

I am *hoping* beyond hope that there will be another twist
Spoiler:
after the girl decides whether to go for Rob or the money (ummm yep ... money please) ... it is revealed that Rob or his family is a multi-millionaire! and the millionaire girl gets squat of it
That would be GREAT tv.
Old 06-03-03, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thaught it was good overall..

My favourite girls are:

Paige (a little ditsy but very cute). What's with the "I'm not a virign but a reminder to myself ring"??

The Burnette with the dimples and whom he said looked very sophisticated (I cant think of her name)

Christina looked good too and she seemed to have a good head on her shuolders

My Least favourite:

Kelley (The alcoholic egotistical superficial one)

The black girl who had a great body but NO personality. She was so conceded. Major turn off for me

PS As for the "stud du jour" Rob I agee with what other's have said he was about as interesting as watching a faucet drip.

Last edited by shanester; 06-03-03 at 04:07 AM.
Old 06-03-03, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For latecomers, you can check out the women here:

http://www.nbc.com/For_Love_or_Money/

I didn't really think Paige was all that.

Erin is the brunette "sophisticated" one. She reminded me of a combination of Nancy O'Dell (Nashville Star host) and Sandra Bulloch.

The first one he picked, Christina, is stacked!

I want Kelley gone as well. What an unpleasant superficial wench!

I'm ambivalent towards Stacey, though it was funny to watch Rob get all tongue-tied in front of Stacey (and in front of all the other girls at that same time). Her legs are too skinny.
Old 06-03-03, 07:54 AM
Banned

Originally posted by movieking
These chicks are hot! Good bikini airtime so far...
I am also hoping for lots of pool time in every episode.

Old 06-03-03, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Decent crop of girls. That black girl has an incredible body. Rob is definitely bland but I assume a lot is nervousness.
Old 06-03-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally posted by Red Dog
Decent crop of girls. That black girl has an incredible body. Rob is definitely bland but I assume a lot is nervousness.
My wife even said Stacy (?) had an incredible body and she usually never comments on girls on these shows. She was pretty good looking, imo.

I agree that Rob seemed boring, but I attribute a lot of that too nervousness as well. It looks like he breaks out of his shell a little too much next week.
Old 06-03-03, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts
I don't know about anybody else, but everything about this show screamed FOX... right up to the production values and the cheesy music. Kinda surprised it's on NBC. They also thin the herd pretty quickly, cutting five the first episode and five the next episode (out of only 15).

I don't know how much of that last selection was staged, but it did look like Paige made him change his mind. It was almost too perfect, though, since the last girl was the one who mutilated Paige's picture, right?

It may be due to nervousness, but the guy reminds me a lot of Joe Millionaire... although he has a better job. Nothing besides his looks makes him seem very attractive... and next week's "wild" episode should be interesting. I'm sure a bunch more of the girls will be going for the money instead.

Did I miss something, or did the host not explain to the girls that they can pick either the money, or the man? Will it be explained to them later?
Old 06-03-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
Originally posted by fujishig

Did I miss something, or did the host not explain to the girls that they can pick either the money, or the man? Will it be explained to them later?

They don't know and that is part of the twist. They have to pick one or the other. I assume that means that they give them the check and say you have to leave the mansion immediately and leave the guy hanging.

Granted, I assume they could hook up later.
Old 06-03-03, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Is it just me or does Paige look kinda like an olsen twin?
Old 06-03-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I was chuckling when Stacey said that the girl who wins gets the money and the man. Muhahahahahaha!
Old 06-03-03, 02:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'll continue to watch it just because it's short and there isn't much else on. I'd probably watch it anyway because it is 1/2 way fun.

I get frustrated at times because sometimes it could be SO MUCH better in many ways.

The best scenario for me would be to see:
The guy be portrayed as basically broke but handsome/nice and have potential (so they couldn't say the broke part showed a lot about him as a person).

The option to the girl at the end choose between a sum of money (maybe a bit less than a million, maybe $250k or something) or the guy.

The guy could know about this but have the girls also know, but have the girls THINK the guy doesn't know about it.

Have the final girl basically be head over heels in love with him, but because of being broke, and being a gold-digger too, take the cash.

Then reveal the guy is basically a billionare!
Old 06-03-03, 03:32 PM
Banned

Originally posted by saoirse
Is it just me or does Paige look kinda like an olsen twin?
I was thinking the same thing. But I would have dumped Paige for being too young and her prudish comments.
Old 06-03-03, 08:48 PM
Banned

She looks a lot like the O twins, but also looks a lot like Brad Pitt's wife(forgot the name)
Old 06-04-03, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Jennifer Anniston? Hmm...maybe, but mixed with the Olsen twins...
Old 06-04-03, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The guy, Rob, really seems like a major mope. I am curious to see what he does next week to get them all pissed at him. Seems like he might have had a little too much to drink...
Old 06-04-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Whether or not they choose the money, Rob is an attorney, so it's not like there is no possibility of being financially stable. It would be better if they made the guy a low income person like Joe Millionaire instead of someone that women would most likely chase after anyway.
Old 06-04-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But he's in criminal defense (and sometimes people just aren't crazy about that type of law practice...until they need one in that line of work, of course).
Old 06-09-03, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The cat fighting has officially begun..

Is it me or is Paige so damn cute??...But Christina is the one with the rack..They never miss a chance to get close up of her cleavage
Old 06-09-03, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ROB:

Who wants to help me tak off my boots??..Turn around so i can kick you in the ass while you pull

Old 06-09-03, 08:39 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Forgot to Tivo this, and i missed the first 35 minutes. What did he do to upset them all so much?
Old 06-09-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Pharoh
Forgot to Tivo this, and i missed the first 35 minutes. What did he do to upset them all so much?
Basically he was acting like your typical male jerk
Old 06-09-03, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Aw man, he let one of my faves go...

Spoiler:
Christina, who got a luscious bod...mmm....

This guy Rob is a schlub. The way he draws out his words makes him sound so pathetic. If there wasn't a $1 million prize at stakes, most of these women would be leaving the compound in droves!

Is it just me, or does Kelly remind you of Minnie Driver (but with straight hair and an American accent)?
Old 06-09-03, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Okay, the final five doofus Rob picked are:

Spoiler:

Erin
Paige
Lauren
Kelly
Laura

My final five would have been:

Christina
Stacey
Laura
Erin
Alima
Old 06-09-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Patman
Aw man, he let one of my faves go...

Spoiler:
Christina, who got a luscious bod...mmm....
She was all about showing the cleavage, but her face creeped me out because she practically lacked eye-brows. I can't stand women w/ pencil-thin eyebrow. It just doesn't look right. I was glad to see her go.

This guy Rob is a schlub. The way he draws out his words makes him sound so pathetic. If there wasn't a $1 million prize at stakes, most of these women would be leaving the compound in droves!
I don't mind people who say "Y'all", but he could try to vary his words once in a while.

Is it just me, or does Kelly remind you of Minnie Driver (but with straight hair and an American accent)?
Never even occured to me. Kelly is gorgeous, but she is such a name-dropping fashion-whore that it is somewhat of a turnoff. But only somewhat - she is still sexy and I would much rather watch and she what she can do on the show than some of the deadweight Rob got rid of.
Old 06-09-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was disappointed to see that he let
Spoiler:
Melissa and Stacee
go. I thought the former was gorgeous, funny/goofey and the later was just flat-out beautiful.

Laura is still my fave. And Erin is growing on me.

Paige just grates on my nerves.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.