TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Jimmy Kimmel's Talk Show...

Old 05-31-03, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Jimmy Kimmel's Talk Show...

Anyone else notice that he's one of the worst interviewers ever? He doesn't know how to ask questions... he just asks yes or no answer questions. I think his show might be interesting if he would take 5 minutes and learn how to properly interview someone.
Old 05-31-03, 02:43 AM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
I haven't watched it yet, but are you saying nobody has bothered to feed him lines such as "What was it like working with [co-star]?" or "Tell me about filming in [location]?"
Old 05-31-03, 02:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
His questions seem real. They don't flesh out any sort of plug or hype for anyone or any sort of promotion.

Kimmels background is as a Sports Guy on a morning radio station and Radio Jockey. Doesn't seem like the best one as an interviewer, but still. I enjoy his show.
Old 05-31-03, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by inVectiVe
I haven't watched it yet, but are you saying nobody has bothered to feed him lines such as "What was it like working with [co-star]?" or "Tell me about filming in [location]?"
Exactly... he just say stuff like "So, do you like being famous?" The guest answers "Yeah." He asks some other yes or no. On the plus side - his method leads to some really unintentionally funny interviews. There was this one with one of the Culkin kids and every answer from this kid was "yeah." or "nope." and he just looked annoyed by Kimmel the whole interview... it was hilarious.
Old 05-31-03, 10:40 AM
Banned

Location: John "57 Varieties" Kerry represents me in the US Senate.
I guess it's true what they say about "no such thing as 'bad' publicity," because this is the first time I've ever thought to myself: "I gotta watch Jimmy Kimmel next time he's on!"

Although, sometimes unintentional comedy makes me uncomfortable. I guess it'll depend on the magnitude of the Train Wreck / Cringe Factor: if it's too high, I'll wince more than I'll laugh. Regardless, I'm making a mental note to catch this show at some point in the next week.
Old 05-31-03, 02:17 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watch way too much tv and I saw that Culkin kid on several different shows. He was exactly like that in every interview. He's definitely one of the worst guests I've ever seen. A couple of the interviews he did with Michael Douglas' son and the Douglas kid basically answered all the questions. Whenever a question was directed at the Culkin kid, he would just say, "I guess", "yeah", etc.

Hehe, sorry to go off on a little rant, but that little kid was so annoying. I have to say when Jimmy Kimmel's show started, I absolutely hated him. I remember there was a period where it seemed like every program on Comedy Central featured Kimmel: The Man Show, Ben Stein's Money, and the incessant commercials for the Friar's Roast (which featured Kimmel for some unknown reason). I started watching his show because I was interested in some of the different things he was doing. Surprisingly, he's grown on me and I actually kind of like him now. I still think there's a few thousand people in the entertainment business that could do a better job than him, but it's nice to have something different from the other talk shows. Plus, it seems like talk show hosts aren't that great their first year. You can tell they're experimenting with different things. I used to watch Kilborn because his show was so different and he wasn't afraid to try new things. Conan was like that in his first few years also, but all the talk shows have become so stale.
Old 05-31-03, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like his talk show. It is the only one I can watch all the way through. The others bore me.
Old 05-31-03, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can't get all the way through any of the talk shows anymore.
Old 06-01-03, 06:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

His stiffness is one of the attractive features. Like Tom Green.
Old 06-02-03, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

According to this site: http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

Stephen Chow is a guest tonight!?!?!?!
Old 06-02-03, 06:08 PM

Originally posted by inVectiVe
I guess it'll depend on the magnitude of the Train Wreck / Cringe Factor
Is that a train?
Old 06-03-03, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lokimok
According to this site: http://www.interbridge.com/lineups.html

Stephen Chow is a guest tonight!?!?!?!
I heard that, but then I watched the whole stupid show and it was some pickpocket and some other people I didn't care about and no Stephen Chow. :/ Did I miss the proper time slot or something?
Old 01-16-11, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Jimmy Kimmel's Talk Show...

I watch Jimmy Kimmel sometimes. Any Michel Gondry fans should definately check out the espisode he directed.

Don't see embedding on Hulu. But it's at http://www.hulu.com/watch/207328/jim...011#s-p1-so-i0
Old 01-16-11, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Oh, and Seth Rogen's fake genial laugh is almost unbearable. Love most of his movies. But that laugh almost made me skip through the interview.
Old 01-16-11, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I like him and his show. I like his monolouge and little skits, videos and news clips etc before the interviews the best.
Old 01-16-11, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yea. I never even thought about watching, until Conan was fired. There was a lull in there, where I just needed to be fed some late night talk shows with interviews and skits and stuff.

The Gondry episode was awesome.
Old 01-16-11, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton View Post
His questions seem real. They don't flesh out any sort of plug or hype for anyone or any sort of promotion.

Kimmels background is as a Sports Guy on a morning radio station and Radio Jockey. Doesn't seem like the best one as an interviewer, but still. I enjoy his show.
I concur. I think he's rather laid back with the guests. For the most part he seems to think fast on his feet with the guests and does a good job interviewing them. The only time I really don't like watching his interviews is when kids are on the show. But over all I say he's better than Leno or "phone-it-in" Letterman.
Old 03-01-11, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

What Jimmy does best
Old 03-01-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

JKL might be my favorite of the late night shows. I don't care about the guests, I usually only watch the monologue and any skits and Kimmel's are always the best.

Humpilates was ok. Mostly good for the eye candy (Scarlett Jo ) but his all time best still has to be the Handsome Men's Club.

Old 03-01-11, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I liked that one also. Matt Damon
Old 03-01-11, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Humpilates was absolutely awful. With all of those hot chicks, it should have been so much more. The HMC was so much better.
Old 03-01-11, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought humpilates was a riot.
Jessica Biel bouncing on top of the ball was fall on the floor laughing for me.

His version of the King's Stutter was classic.
Old 03-15-11, 03:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bigjim25 View Post
What Jimmy does best
and now the sequel
Old 03-15-11, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Rypro 525 View Post
and now the sequel
Eh...not that great to be honest.
Old 03-15-11, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

More of the same, all these hot women, and not much in the result.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.