Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Angel S5 News: seems like they found a possible Cordy replacement

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 05-26-03, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

According to this sitehttp://www.forums4fans.com/cgi-bin/u...49&t=001373&p= and a chat page, the little blond vamp known as Harmony will be popping up on Angel next year.

I really don't remember much about her except that she proved somewhat annoying. Hope she isn't a regular.
Old 05-26-03, 01:17 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

There was another site reporting this earlier in the week.

I really don't see how she fits in with this show. Angel has been the more serious of the 2 shows and her character was always the dumb blonde comic relief on Buffy.

I really hope they keep Lilah around and make her a regular.
Old 05-26-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd rather have Lilah around than Harmony. The only thing that I remember about her was that I kept hoping that Spike would bite her just to shut her up.
Old 05-26-03, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I thought Harmony was a great comic foil when she resurfaced for the second time on Buffy... The dumb, spoiled blond who thought she was cool now that she was evil... However, if they rehab her like they did Cordy, I don't see much point. Can't see her as an interesting part of the gang.

How many vamps do they need? To me, this slightly increases the suspicion that Spike may return as a mortal...
Old 05-26-03, 02:47 PM
mwj

This sounds more like an occasional cameo rather than a full-time role. I hope they don't add too many characters and dilute the show which is what I feel happened on Buffy this season. Though if Cordy is gone and Spike is added they will have high male to female ratio.
Old 05-26-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

While I do look forward to occassional cameos, I want Angel to stay its own show and not a dumping ground for Buffy plots that never occurred.
Old 05-26-03, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Don't forget about Cordelia's character at the beginning of Buffy. She was a bit of an airhead as well...
Old 05-27-03, 07:12 AM

I hate Harmony, she was always a nothing character, not smart, not really funny, just a whiny dumb blond with not spunk to her.

I can understand that there's a connection to Spike as they used to go out, but please she was always a waste of space and a boring foil for the interesting characters to waste good one liners on.
Old 05-27-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Am I misremembering.....or didn't Harmony die somewhere along the line? Didn't Spike kill her or something? I remember something like that.......

but whoever said death really meant anything on a Joss Whedon show?

maybe Harmony and Spiko come back somehow together?
Old 05-27-03, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here's my theory...

Since the "White room" is the connection to the "powers that be" at W&H, it appears that Gunn will be the liason. The black cat apparently showed that things that might/will happen in the future.
Old 05-27-03, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I could tolerate Harmony in small doses, but if they want to make her a noble character that will prove more challenging than with Spike or Cordy combined. A) She's a vamp without a soul, and B)she's an annoying ditz.
Old 05-27-03, 09:30 PM

Originally posted by garmonbozia
Am I misremembering.....or didn't Harmony die somewhere along the line? Didn't Spike kill her or something? I remember something like that.......
Harmony was last seen on the Angel season 2 episode Disharmony, IIRC. She shows up in LA to hang with Cordelia. After Lorne tells her she's already fulfilling her destiny, and Cordelia's her guide. Harmony decides she's going to convert to a noble vampire, but ends up betraying the good guys and joining this vampire pyramid scheme. Big fight, Cordelia nearly kills Harmony, but decides to let her go with orders to get out of L.A. ASAP.

So, she's not dead.

Edited because one name can totally change the meaning of a paragraph.

Last edited by Jlbkwrm; 05-28-03 at 01:12 AM.
Old 05-28-03, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
Cordelia was last seen on the Angel season 2 episode Disharmony, IIRC. She shows up in LA to hang with Cordelia. After Lorne tells her she's already fulfilling her destiny, and Cordelia's her guide. Harmony decides she's going to convert to a noble vampire, but ends up betraying the good guys and joining this vampire pyramid scheme. Big fight, Cordelia nearly kills Harmony, but decides to let her go with orders to get out of L.A. ASAP.

So, she's not dead.

You did mean to put Harmony at the beginning of this paragraph and not Cordelia right?
Old 05-28-03, 01:11 AM

Originally posted by Dr. DVD
You did mean to put Harmony at the beginning of this paragraph and not Cordelia right?
Er. Yeah. Woops.
Old 05-28-03, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I wouldn't mind seeing Harmony drop by once or twice again, but she's not 'regular' material unless they do some major tweaking with the character.

Besides, instead of adding another female regular, they need to at least swap one for another. The 'one' being "Fred". "Fred" needs to go - NOW! Making her a regular was a huge mistake. And since the show is going to be re-vamped, this is a perfect opportunity to send her off through another portal, for good!

Other possible female regulars that should be considered are electro girl, lilah, and maybe even dru (since spike's coming back).
Old 05-28-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Amel
I wouldn't mind seeing Harmony drop by once or twice again, but she's not 'regular' material unless they do some major tweaking with the character.

Besides, instead of adding another female regular, they need to at least swap one for another. The 'one' being "Fred". "Fred" needs to go - NOW! Making her a regular was a huge mistake. And since the show is going to be re-vamped, this is a perfect opportunity to send her off through another portal, for good!

Other possible female regulars that should be considered are electro girl, lilah, and maybe even dru (since spike's coming back).
C'mon, we need to BAN him.

Seriously, I love Fred. The two characters that dragged the show down last season have been excised, so things should be better next season.....and we still have cute, sexy Fred.
Old 05-28-03, 10:16 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Amel

I love Fred.

Lilah is the only other female I'd like to see added on as a regular. Gwen(electro girl) is ok, I don't see how Drusilla could be a regular since she's insane and turning her good would be pretty unbelievable.

Conner was the character that brought the show down somewhat and now that he's gone I think the cast is fine.
Old 05-29-03, 10:13 AM

Harmony's only funny in small doeses...her stuff with Spike could be good. But I would not want to see her on every episode.
Old 05-29-03, 09:23 PM

Harmony would be good -- but only if she had minions giggle giggle...
Old 05-30-03, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Harmony has minions?
Old 05-30-03, 02:20 AM

Andrew was one of her minions.
Old 05-30-03, 08:49 AM
Admin Emeritus

Oh, no. Not Harm. She felt like such a one-note character to me... "Harm, the ditzy vampire." It's not bad to be a ditz... Buffy has ditzy elements herself... but if that's all she is, then it's kinda blah.
Old 05-30-03, 12:55 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Well, if Spike returns as a human (which is one of the several dozen theories floating around) it would interesting to have Harmony torment Spike and try to re-vamp him. I mean, he WAS a d**k to her at times. She'd be more powerful than him now, and could be a real threat to Spike staying human (and thus GOOD).
Old 05-30-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yikes. Andrew would be funny to bring on, though.
Old 05-30-03, 09:16 PM

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
Yikes. Andrew would be funny to bring on, though.
I meant if you actually watch the episode from seaosn 5 Tom Lenk is one of her minions.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.