Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel S5 News: seems like they found a possible Cordy replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-03, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
to Stephanie Romanov (Lilah) becoming a regular member of the cast. Her character is just so juicy.

I wouldn't mind seeing more of electro-Gwen, either.
Old 06-01-03, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Note: I spoilered the name because people can be sort of sensitive about these types of things, even though someone avoiding spoilers would probably avoid this thread. Anyway, it's not much of a spoiler, and is pretty much common knowledge at this point, being mentioned in Whedon interviews and on the WB Angel site.

Here is some potential information about how they're going to fit
Spoiler:
Spike
in Angel:

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15350

Color me a bit skeptical, though, because
Spoiler:
I don't really see Spike as being a male slayer. I remember some speculation being floated around that Spike would become the first male slayer and get his own series. Interesting seeing him as a super-strong human and tied to the medallion, though. Having Spike awaken in the white room like that does sort of seem like somthing ME would do, though.

If this is legit, it seems like they might be retrofitting the Shanshu prophecy. "When that a souled vampire fulfills his destiny – whatever that may be – he becomes human." Sounds like pretty much ANY souled vampire can get a shot at being human now, and not just THE souled vampire. I don't know that that's something that would put in a fanfic, however.

Last edited by Josh-da-man; 06-01-03 at 03:34 AM.
Old 06-01-03, 07:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great, that's the thing with prophecies, you can interpret them a thousand ways. Who knows, maybe Wesley got things wrong when he first interpreted that particular one.

I would love it if your theory were true, being a huge
Spoiler:
Spike
fan, it would be fab to see him
Spoiler:
human
and given a cause of his own to fight for, instead of fighting simply to be with
Spoiler:
Buffy
Old 06-01-03, 11:04 AM

Granted this may all be false, although I do think it has a distinct ME feel to it, but it would seem to set up rather nicely a Spike based Buffy spin-off for UPN. Then again. Maybe not. Only 3 or 4 months to wait & find out.

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Note: I spoilered the name because people can be sort of sensitive about these types of things, even though someone avoiding spoilers would probably avoid this thread. Anyway, it's not much of a spoiler, and is pretty much common knowledge at this point, being mentioned in Whedon interviews and on the WB Angel site.

Here is some potential information about how they're going to fit
Spoiler:
Spike
in Angel:

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=15350

Color me a bit skeptical, though, because
Spoiler:
I don't really see Spike as being a male slayer. I remember some speculation being floated around that Spike would become the first male slayer and get his own series. Interesting seeing him as a super-strong human and tied to the medallion, though. Having Spike awaken in the white room like that does sort of seem like somthing ME would do, though.

If this is legit, it seems like they might be retrofitting the Shanshu prophecy. "When that a souled vampire fulfills his destiny – whatever that may be – he becomes human." Sounds like pretty much ANY souled vampire can get a shot at being human now, and not just THE souled vampire. I don't know that that's something that would put in a fanfic, however.
Old 06-01-03, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

what does the abbreviation ME stand for that everyone keeps using?
Old 06-01-03, 03:09 PM

ME= Mutant Enemy, the production company behind Buffy and Angel.

The AICN spoiler? Please, no.

Spoiler:
I'd rather see them go with the Spike-as-ghost plan from the Faith spinoff idea than this. If Spike gets to be human, I want to see him deal with all the crap that goes along with being human. No super powers, being highly breakable, etc. That would be a new and somewhat interesting route for the character.

I do like the amulet thing, but I don't really believe it would be a long term problem. They'd do away with it by the end of the season, which means we'd end up with a Spike who is basically as good a fighter as Angel, but without the nasty sun allergy (all the better to fit with their new daytime plan.)
Old 06-01-03, 04:54 PM

Spoiler:
One of the thing that rings true about this to me is the whole amulet thing. I remember that Whedon was working on New Line's Iron Man movie for awhile and we all remember that Tony Stark could not live without certain parts of his armor. Jump forward a few years and the knowledge that writer's always use everything and this smells at least a little accurate to me. Again, I could be wrong. So there.

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm
ME= Mutant Enemy, the production company behind Buffy and Angel.

The AICN spoiler? Please, no.

Spoiler:
I'd rather see them go with the Spike-as-ghost plan from the Faith spinoff idea than this. If Spike gets to be human, I want to see him deal with all the crap that goes along with being human. No super powers, being highly breakable, etc. That would be a new and somewhat interesting route for the character.

I do like the amulet thing, but I don't really believe it would be a long term problem. They'd do away with it by the end of the season, which means we'd end up with a Spike who is basically as good a fighter as Angel, but without the nasty sun allergy (all the better to fit with their new daytime plan.)
Old 06-03-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I always felt the essence of the Buffverse was grrrrrrrl power, and despite the fact that Angel is a do-gooder, I hope
Spoiler:
being a Slayer remains a wholly female experience.
Old 06-03-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts
Conner was somewhat of a male slayer, and you remember how he acted.
The idea with Spike seems a little too Blade like for me. Give us something that is original, not an already tried movie idea!

I would love for both Spike and Lilah to become regulars and get some scenes together. You know that Lilah would really dig the old school Spike.
Old 06-03-03, 06:28 PM
toq

Based on news of this web site, it would appear that the script posted at Ain't It Cool News was indeed the work of fan fiction. Uncertain as to its validity (both this web site news and the script), I'll leave the final decision up to you.
Old 06-04-03, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by toq
Based on news of this web site, it would appear that the script posted at Ain't It Cool News was indeed the work of fan fiction.
Wait, you mean to tell me that a news report published on AICN turned out to be a total fabrication? Shocking!

I think I will be more surprised the next time a news report on AICN turns out to not be a lie.