Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Buffy finale - how would you have ended it? (SPOILERS!!!)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Buffy finale - how would you have ended it? (SPOILERS!!!)

Old 05-23-03, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. DVD
I seem to remember reading somewhere that Whedon filmed three different endings. While not totally sure, I would not be surprised if each ending had a different character giving their life in the hellmouth. Had Angel been cancelled, Whedon might have used an ending with him in Spike's place. Also possible is an ending in which Faith gives her life as an act of repentance.
If that had been Angel at the end, it wouldn't be an alternate ending, it would be a completely different episode that was filmed.
Old 05-23-03, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally posted by Brian_92gsr
If that had been Angel at the end, it wouldn't be an alternate ending, it would be a completely different episode that was filmed.
Not if Angel popped back in at the last minute and said, "I know you told me to go back to LA, but I couldn't leave you like this" or something.
Old 05-23-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,958 Likes on 2,022 Posts
Originally posted by Josh Z
Not if Angel popped back in at the last minute and said, "I know you told me to go back to LA, but I couldn't leave you like this" or something.
Or just film an ending where Angel pops up out of nowhere, rips the amulet from Spike's neck, and does the glowy thing instead. Film the hand-holdy Spike climax with Angel and Buffy instead of Buffy and Spike. Since it's daytime, they'll have to keep Spike out of the sun, anyway, so most of the post-Hellmouth shots couldn't include him, anyway. Maybe film a little insert to establish that he escaped.

It would've been insanely easy to do.

They also could've filmed a few inserts of Angel still hanging around Sunnydale if they wanted to, but the Angel ending would've worked better if it were a surprise.
Old 05-26-03, 01:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by DB
Indeed, I'm surprised at the number of people who say they would have liked that ending. Not only was the bulk of such a story done already in the previous asylum episode, but the final episode of
Spoiler:
St. Elsewhere
was very similar to what is being proposed here.
That's mighty considerate of you to put spoilers around that little tidbit of info considering the show has been off the air for 15 years.

I think it would have been cool if the First would have told Buffy he was here real father just like when
Spoiler:
Vader told Luke in Empire.
Old 05-26-03, 06:21 AM
Banned

I would have ended it with "Trogdor the Burninator" coming in the night and burninating them all!

/Strongbad
Old 05-26-03, 03:45 PM

Originally posted by DB
Indeed, I'm surprised at the number of people who say they would have liked that ending. Not only was the bulk of such a story done already in the previous asylum episode, but the final episode of
Spoiler:
St. Elsewhere
was very similar to what is being proposed here.
This scenario was also used in the last episode of Newhart. IMHO one of the best last episodes ever. I almost fell off the chair when he woke up in bed with Suzanne Phlessette (sp?)
Old 05-26-03, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wished it had been a two hour episode, and I was Dawn had died, maybe tossed in to the seal as a offering as she is the key. My favorite part of the episode was where Giles, Willow, Buffy and Zander are standing together and almost word for word they say the last part of the first episode.