TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 : Day 2: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM -- Season Finale

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-03, 02:32 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by movieking
Trying so hard to avoid temptation....only a couple more hours...
me too. I've been trying to avoid spoilers for this and Buffy and it's driving me insane.
Old 05-20-03, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally saw it! Thank God it comes on early in Canada!

Spoiler:
Are you sure that it was Mandy? She looked different to me...less hot. But then again, she wasn't doing a lesbian scene.

Spoiler:
I really hope that Palmer doesn't die. He is one of the strongest characters on TV. I am not surprised that he fired Mike and kept the others, but it was good to see Mike get what he deserved. And what is up with Lynne? Is she dead? Alive? I expected her to be in Mike's role next season, but since it is just going to be a continuation of this seasons day, it most likely means that everyone is going to go 48 hours with no sleep. Hopefully, Kim sleeps through the next season though...
Old 05-20-03, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, already a two page thread and the show hasn't even aired in the US yet. I wonder if I could see the show early if I had expressvu? What channel do u get it on, movieking?
Old 05-20-03, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

A CTV affiliate, but I have no idea if you would get that channel would be available with ExpressVu or whatever. Great thing being in Canada was getting Buffy a day earlier, but alas, that will be no more
Old 05-20-03, 06:25 PM

pretty good, but not great....

Spoiler:
The ending definetly redeemed this episode, but it was kind of flawed. for people who didn't see last season, or even people who don't remember mandy the hot lesbian assassin, the impact of seeing her and what she did is kind of lost on them. on one hand i wish they resolved some stuff a little better leading up to palmer being poisoned but on the other hand i like how they left alot to be answered and set up next season nicely. i'm a little confused though on how evil yacht club guy expects killing/poisoning palmer is gonna get the war back on track again.

i had a feeling all along that this season would end with a connection to the bad guys from last season. anyone else get the feeling there's some james bond supervillain behind all of this? thats the vibe i'm gettin.

oh, and btw i don't think they'll kill palmer off. i think they'll start off next season with the vice president as president and palmer in some type of coma. i hope they're not dumb enough to get rid of him.
Old 05-20-03, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought the finale was WICKED! It wrapped up a bunch of stuff and of course, set up next season really nicely...

I LOVE that Mandy showed up... ask any hardcore 24 fan, and they are always wondering what happened to our favourite evil lesbo... I think Palmer will be fine...but that almost looked like some sort of Flesh Eating virus or something... a bio weapon that may be contagious...may be lethal...but I'm willing to bet Jack and Co. will be in a race against time to find the cure and to stop whatever malicious plot they'll cook up...

I for one LOVED this season, even for it's faults, I think it topped the first season, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for Season 3... it can't come soon enough.

MATT

edited to remove "spoiler" tags now that the episode has aired in all timezones.

Last edited by mdc3000; 05-21-03 at 09:36 AM.
Old 05-20-03, 07:25 PM

That was pretty nuts,

Spoiler:
The ending really did redeem the season in some sense, I didn't think it would be so cut and dried in resolving the whole Kingsley/Recordings business. I was hopeful that Nina might make an appearance - maybe they are saving that for next season. Nonetheless, nice to see some connection between last season and this at the end - wonder how deep it runs. I kinda picked Sherry's redemption, pity since she was so good at being so hated . Palmer better be back next season!. As much as the ending had a huge 'WOW' factor, it's a little strange that after all that intricate planning and setup the final straw would be assisinating the president in broad daylight (albeit somewhat elegantly) - seems a little contrived.

Ahh, all over and a long time to wait - definately not as gripping and free flowing as last season, but highly entertaining nonetheless.

Spoiler:
Oh, and Jack sure is handy with that rifle huh?

Last edited by Jehan; 05-20-03 at 07:32 PM.
Old 05-20-03, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

If there is one thing that I learned from 24, it is this:

Spoiler:
All Women Are Evil! From Sherry, to Nina; From Marie, To Mandy; From Carrie, to Jamey; I don't completely trust Kate yet, and Kim has had so much happen to her that she has to be cursed by Satan herself. Maybe Michelle is the exception that proves the rule.
Old 05-20-03, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Okay, this is nutty because:

Is this supposed to get the US to start another war? How else do these evil folks profit from killing off the President?

But, whoa, I could watch Mia Kirshner walk down a flight a step all day long.

The rest of the resolution was okay, but too bad Marie is so bitter and so unforthcoming.
Old 05-20-03, 09:00 PM
Suspended

They did a good job of making Marie
look pretty scary
Old 05-20-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by CitizenKaneRBud
They did a good job of making Marie
look pretty scary
heck yea the misses and I said the same thing
Old 05-20-03, 09:13 PM

Okay,
How do you stop a flesh eating virus?

The President shakes Mandy's hand and then does not shake anyone elses?

Best fight this season Jack and the guy in the tunnel. Move and counter, great choreography...

New White House Chief of Staff - Jack Bauer

"Marie, you killed Reza and helped detonate a nuclear bomb? You are GROUNDED young miss, and don't think I'll forget this either!"

Last edited by Hannibal; 05-20-03 at 09:49 PM.
Old 05-20-03, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty good episode, but I have a few things to say and ask:

To say:
Oh Mandy - you came and you gave without taking

To ask:
Do you think Season Three is the very next day or a week or so later?

I'm also interested in who will replace Mike.
Old 05-20-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Okay interesting episode. This ep makes all the rabit cougars and 25th amendment errors worth while.

If they kill Palmer off I will be so upset! Next season we'll get the race against time to find the antidote to whatever flesh eating virus evil Mandy gave him. My guess is the James Bond boat guy will invent some way to connect the assassination attempt on our three fictional countries in an effort to finally get this war started.
Nice to see Sherry redeem herself but it would have been nice if Nina showed up as well. With Mandy connection I'm guessing the writers can find a way to bring Nina back yet again.
I still didn't get my wish to see Palmer lay the smackdown on Mike but at least Palmer canned his a$$.
Old 05-20-03, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pretty good episode, I just think that ...

-Kingsley gave up the info. way too easy.
-Who the hell is this 'yatch' guy?
-As far as the virus, maybe it's a ploy to get the President to do what 'yatch' guy asks. Or, get rid of Palmer to get Prescott back in as president (I still think he has something to do with the whole thing.)
-What was Palmer thinking of not firing everyone! Ha, ha, up yours Mike.

Whew...I can finally watch Season 1 now.
Old 05-20-03, 09:50 PM
Suspended

Is this James Bond bad guy a German?
Old 05-20-03, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Interesting:

Last season was spent on a possible asassination atempt. This season, he is asassinated in less than 10 minutes.
Old 05-20-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So, Maureen Kingsley and Peter Kingsley. Is there a connection, or was it just lazy writing?
Old 05-20-03, 10:01 PM

who's maureen kingsley?

i think maybe evil yacht guy is working for or related to the evil Dennis Hopper family from last season, just a hunch
Old 05-20-03, 10:09 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Damn. Somebody beat me to the Barry Mantilow joke.
Old 05-20-03, 10:10 PM
Cool New Member

I couldn't even sit down during this episode. I was pacing the living room the entire time. So going to miss this show.

Pretty good wrap-up, and I would so hate to get into a fight with Jack. Even with a bad heart he's a bona fide badass.
Old 05-20-03, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Groucho
Damn. Somebody beat me to the Barry Mantilow joke.
Old 05-20-03, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doubtful that Maureen and Peter are related. They look nothing alike, and I highly doubt there is any marital connection.

The big question in my mind is how much time will pass between the end of Season 2 and the start of Season 3? I mean it can't start right away . . . Jack is gong to be in the ICU for at least a day geting healthy again. Right?
Old 05-20-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

This just proves the point, Don't mess with Operations.

D
Old 05-20-03, 10:35 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by Derrich
This just proves the point, Don't mess with Operations.

Great ending. I was surprised how quick and neat they wrapped everything up. I hope they don't kill off Haysbert. It was only on for a second but his face when the gun fight breaks out and all he can do is here it was great. Also glad he canned Mike.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.