Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Smallville Season Finale 5/20/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville Season Finale 5/20/03

Old 05-23-03, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 668 Likes on 541 Posts
Interesting speculation about Zod. I just figured they were giving another tribute to the movie by having Stamp provide the voice. Of course, the question is how could Zod reprogram the ship if he is stuck in the Phantom Zone. They only way he could is if he believed that Jor-El was right about the imminent destruction of Krypton and reprogrammed the ship prior to his incarceration.
Old 05-23-03, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It's amazing how "intuitive" these Kryptonian artifacts are, isn't it?
Old 05-23-03, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Spooky
This is EXACTLY what I've been thinking! Sometime before Clark got send to Earth, Jor-El's old nemesis reprogramed the ship with this "rule the Earth" information...hoping that if he ever got out of the Phantom Zone, he'd just come to Earth and tell Clark he was his father, and Clark would have already taken over the planet for him.

My guess is another appearance by Chris Reeve in Season Three will reveal a REAL message from Clark's REAL father that should set him on the right path.
I'm still not on board with the whole Zod theory, that's just too much comic book back story to introduce into the series. They have to intro Zod, then explain what his crimes were, why he hates Jor-el, how he sabotaged the ship...you get the idea.

I DO however like the idea of another appearance by Reeve to reveal a "real" message from Jor-el. I doubt it will happen, but it would be a cool moment!
Old 05-23-03, 02:31 PM

Could some one tell me what the voice said to Clark at the end as he was riding off on the cycle? I replayed that section over and over on the Tivo and couldn't get any clear words out of it over the motorcycle roar.
Old 05-23-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Have you tried to looking at the closed captions?
Old 05-23-03, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I believe he said, "Come to me, son of Jor-el! Kneel before Zod!"
Old 05-23-03, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
Have you tried to looking at the closed captions?
It says nothing.
Old 05-23-03, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by Meatpants
I believe he said, "Come to me, son of Jor-el! Kneel before Zod!"
Followed by a very faint "Snootchie bootchies!"
Old 05-25-03, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering about the reasons Lionel might want to use Chloe to uncover the truth about Clark, thinking that Lionel already knows way more about Clark than he's ever let on. He knows that Clark had a mysterious enterance into the world (he helped do the cover up about his "adoption" if you recall, so he knows Clark doesn't have birth parents that can be put on paper, at the very least), and he obviously knows Clark can do miraculous things with his powers (don't forget that he was faking his blindness, and could see Clark do all those things. ALL those things, I don't care what anybody says. "Clark is an interesting boy" indeed!) but what he lacks is the hidden room Lex has. Lex has all the hard copy stuff on Clark, and Lionel has all the eye witness stuff on Clark. What Lionel really wants is not what Chloe can provide, but what Lex has, and what Lex really wants is what Lionel has. If they would both just sit down and discuss Clark and share what each one has on him, the results would be incontrovertible. As long as Lex holds his cards under the table and as long as Lionel refuses to see that Lex and him could benefit greatly by getting on the same page with Clark and wastes his time with Chloe, then they will just spin their wheels. But all Lionel knows at this point is that Chloe has a knack for uncovering the wierd in Smallville, and undoubtedly paid close attention to the issue of the Torch that had the symbol on the barn, and all he knows at this point is to turn to her, but he needs to be getting with Lex on this.
Old 05-25-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Just speculation, but I'm guessing Lionel already knows or has serious uncollaborated serious thoughts about Clark's powers (reminds me of Tiny Toons episode where Plucky as Batman asks his Alfred if there was anyone in Gotham who didn't know his secret).

Anywho, Lex pretty much knows all about the Kents private life, Lionel might not, and with that information he can perhaps play Clark like that reporter tried to do in season 1.