Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

7th Heaven 5/12, 5/19 (2 part season finale)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

7th Heaven 5/12, 5/19 (2 part season finale)

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-03, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

'life and death, part 1' (Last week's episode)
Spoiler:
Eric flies to New York in a last attempt to convince Chandler's dying father (guest star Dan Lauria) to make peace with Chandler before it's too late. Meanwhile, Matt and Sarah suspect that she might be pregnant and Matt's co-worker lets the news slip to Eric; Lucy fears she might also be pregnant, which causes her to panic and push Kevin away; Mary tries to find Eric to tell him that she did something stupid; Lucy offers her classmate Christine (guest star Tara Lipinski) a temporary place to live, unaware that she's hiding a big secret; Simon is crushed when Cecilia refuses to go to the prom with him; and no one can understand why Ruthie is acting especially strange.

'life and death, part 2' (Tonight's episode)
Spoiler:
Unable to convince Chandler's father (guest star Dan Lauria) to see his son before he dies, Eric is forced into tricking him. Meanwhile, Eric, Annie and Sarah's mother Rosina (guest star Loraine Newman) get together to surprise Matt and congratulate him on the wonderful baby news; Mary confides a big secret to Lucy; Ruthie gets her period and tries to hide the news from everyone; Kevin recognizes Lucy's houseguest Christine (guest star Tara Lipinski) as a girl who was previously arrested for prostitution; Lucy takes a home pregnancy test without telling anyone; and bad news arrives on the Camden's doorstep in the episode's final moments.
Old 05-19-03, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After all these seasons of a realistic portrayal of an American family, I am glad we are finally getting a realistic episode dealing with the issue of
Spoiler:
prostitution
. Because you know this is what most
Spoiler:
hookers
look like.

Old 05-19-03, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Well, looks like we have 2 cliffhangers...

What's the bad news being given by the men at the door?
Is Lucy pregnant?
Old 05-19-03, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn, even I wouldn't pick up a hooker that looks like that! (Not that I pick up hookers.)

Looks like two cliffhangers, though I'm more interested in what the men at the door had to say that Lucy being preggers or not.

I just started re-watching the show a few weeks ago, do we know who
Spoiler:
Mary is married to?
It seemed to just come out of nowhere.
Old 05-19-03, 09:31 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My speculation on the bad news? I think they killed off Mary.
Old 05-19-03, 10:32 PM

Spoiler-y, since it involves which actors have and have not signed on to return next season:

Spoiler:
Of the Camdens: Eric, Annie, Lucy, Ruthie, Sam, and David are all signed as regulars for next season. Matt and his wife are set to appear in several episodes, and show up in the credits. Mary's in at least three episodes next season, and should appear in the credits.

Simon is not signed on for any episodes, at all, next season.

Of the non-Camdens: Kevin, Ben, Chandler, Roxanne, and Cecillia are all set to appear as regulars next season (As in in the opening credits.)

So, Simon's girlfriend is apparently going to be in every episode next season, even though he's currently in none.

The bad news could be a dead Simon, or news that Cecillia's parents died (which means she could move in with the Camdens, and explain why she's around when Simon's not.)

More attention than I think the show really deserves, but I'm a sucker for cliffhanger mysteries.

I find this show oddly fascinating. I mean, the creepy oddness of the twins alone is entertaining.
Old 05-20-03, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 809 Likes on 598 Posts
The whole cliffhanger with the police threw me for a loop. I think Lucy is just crazy. Are they trying to resign David Gallaghar(Simon)? Or have they let him go? That would help bring some light into the situation. It would seem funny that they would not try to resign their teenage heart throb unless they are going to kill him off.
Old 05-20-03, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Up until I read who is coming back, I though Kevin had been killed. With Lucy pregnant, she'd now have to deal with being a widow and a single mother. It seems that instead of killing off a person they would be written out some other way. Sort of shocking for 7th Heaven.
Old 05-20-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So if the writers had incorporated part of Tara Lipiniski's life into her character, she would have been an Olympic Medal winning athlete turned hooker?
Old 05-20-03, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by lwhy?
The whole cliffhanger with the police threw me for a loop. I think Lucy is just crazy. Are they trying to resign David Gallaghar(Simon)? Or have they let him go? That would help bring some light into the situation. It would seem funny that they would not try to resign their teenage heart throb unless they are going to kill him off.
IMDB.com lists him only being on the show thru 2003, so it looks like he's not coming back. If that is the case, it's rather disappointing the way the wrote him out of the show. But then again, that's the way life goes sometimes, everthing seems fine, then the next moment you learn somebody you loved died.
Old 05-20-03, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by lwhy?
. Are they trying to resign David Gallaghar(Simon)? Or have they let him go? That would help bring some light into the situation. It would seem funny that they would not try to resign their teenage heart throb unless they are going to kill him off.
I don't know if they're still actively going after him, but for quite a while they tried (and failed) to get Gallaghar to sign for another season. The split apparently left some hard feelings, since Brenda Hampton (show creator type) really, really wanted him to stick around.

It's possible they're still trying to sign him for at least guest appearances next season, but he's trying to make a clean break. In that case, they could have multiple different outcomes prepared for the cliffhanger. One if he completely refuses to sign, one if he gives them a couple of episodes, one if he decides to come back for the majority of the season.

It'd make a pretty good bargaining chip--"If you don't give us what we want now, you can never come back!"--but it's all speculation at this point.
Old 05-20-03, 10:29 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm

I find this show oddly fascinating. I mean, the creepy oddness of the twins alone is entertaining.
THANK YOU! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks the twins seem to be somehow retarded. (Much like all of the writers)
Old 05-20-03, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Darren Garrison
THANK YOU! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that thinks the twins seem to be somehow retarded. (Much like all of the writers)
On the subject of the twins, does anybody else notice it seems like when they talk, it looks like it's a voice over? I wonder if we actually hear the twins talk in this series. There are just times it looks like their mouths barely move, yet you can understand each word they say with crystal clarity. Yeah, right, somebody is doing voice overs for them.