DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Brady Bunch - who was your favorite and why? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/292646-brady-bunch-who-your-favorite-why.html)

Buttmunker 05-15-03 02:51 PM

The Brady Bunch - who was your favorite and why?

I always thought the younger kids were given fluff to work with, and they gave the heavier material to the two oldest: Greg and Marcia. And since I'm a guy, I enjoyed the episodes that dealt with Greg's issues (relate).

Marcia (Maureen McCormack) was just as good as Greg (Barry Williams) when it came to crying. During the first season, both did great with emotional situations: Greg "getting clobbered" at a baseball game; Marcia getting punched by Mike for lying, all the while doing it for a good cause (so he could become "Father of the Year").

But Greg thought he was a know-it-all, and it was interesting to watch his growing pains throughout the five years the show was on. He'd lose his father's architectural graphs for being irresponsible; he'd get caught smoking; he'd get his own room (the den) and think he was hot sh*t until his friends and family dissed him. And who can forget Johnny Bravo, Greg's alter-ego, as he gets recruited to go "solo" and to ditch the Brady Six.

Marcia had her good moments: letting Greg become Class President as she forfeited her nomination and stepped down because "he's the best person for the job," and, of course, the football meets Marcia's nose episode.

But Greg's the best. He screwed up everything.

Buttmunker 05-15-03 02:54 PM

Re: The Brady Bunch - who was your favorite and why?

Originally posted by Buttmunker
Marcia getting punched by Mike for lying, all the while doing it for a good cause (so he could become "Father of the Year").
Opps...meant PUNISHED.

Red Dog 05-15-03 03:06 PM

Definitely not the parents and definitely not Cindy. Bobby had a lot of interesting moments. Of course Marcia was a hottie.

Big Quasimodo 05-15-03 04:11 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
Of course Marcia was a hottie.
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Course, I'm a Ginger man, myself.....

and I woulda taken Laurie Partridge over all of 'em

Buttmunker 05-15-03 04:26 PM

Originally posted by Big Quasimodo
Marcia, Marcia, Marcia.

Course, I'm a Ginger man, myself.....

and I woulda taken Laurie Partridge over all of 'em

This is a little off the subject, but...I'd choose Thelma Evans over all them little hoes. She had the perkiest set of hmm-haas I ever seen.

mrcoaster 05-15-03 07:46 PM

I always liked Greg's character best. I just liked his stories better than some of the others. Marcia was pretty hot, but also a vain little thing.

When I was in college, I actually had a bunch of pals over for a party and we counted down the 10 favorite Brady episodes....as voted on via a poll of a bunch of my college pals. It was a pretty entertaining night.

Charlie Goose 05-15-03 08:02 PM

Mike Brady was the best tv father. He ruled the roost with wit, intelligence, compassion, morality, and discipline. Despite the fact that he faced a hugely difficult task of uniting 3 preteen boys with 3 like girls as siblings, he did it and did it well. That's groovy!

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

zuffy 05-15-03 08:13 PM

Marcia because she's just so damn HOT!

Jericho 05-15-03 09:24 PM

You know the correct answer is Marcia. all the rest of you are wrong! ;)

Da Thrilla 05-15-03 10:04 PM

Marcia...I think you know why ;)

nazz 05-15-03 10:06 PM

Marcia because.........:drool:

Seantn 05-16-03 03:27 AM

I liked Jan for the lesbian that she was.

B.A. 05-16-03 04:33 AM

Marcia - she was definitely hot.

shanester 05-16-03 06:11 AM

Once Marica got into high school which is what the 3rd season she developped into a major babe??..Those early 70`s short skirts with long blonde hair epitomized the California look on her

auntiewinnie 05-16-03 07:11 AM

Cousin Oliver.

Buttmunker 05-16-03 08:21 AM

Originally posted by auntiewinnie
Cousin Oliver.
You suck. Get outta here.;)

Geofferson 05-16-03 08:53 AM

Greg for two reasons:

Johnny Bravo

http://www.x-entertainment.com/liquo...ohnnybravo.jpg

Red Dog 05-16-03 09:10 AM

Originally posted by auntiewinnie
Cousin Oliver.

Let me guess - Seven was your favorite character on Married With Children as well. ;)

Buttmunker 05-16-03 09:12 AM

Let me guess - Seven was your favorite character on Married With Children as well. ;)
The comedy was so uproarious on Married With Children that I didn't mind Seven all that much. He did add to some hirarity.

But that new dog that replaced Buck...well, that was kinda funny, too. Even replacing Steve Rhodes with Darcy was funny. I love that show.

Uh, back to the Bradys...

auntiewinnie 05-16-03 12:03 PM

Never watched Married with Children.

But Seven sure was my favorite character on Star Trek Voyager.

Hubba-hubba.

mrpayroll 05-16-03 01:36 PM

Come on, Jan with her long golden hair in the last 2 years. I had many a dream about her.

Chris

Goat3001 05-16-03 01:38 PM

I voted Marcia, she was a piece ;)

Buttmunker 05-16-03 03:08 PM

Hey, this ain't a beauty paegant! This was supposed to be based on character, not looks.

mrpayroll 05-16-03 03:24 PM

Originally posted by Buttmunker
Hey, this ain't a beauty paegant! This was supposed to be based on character, not looks.

Ooops, sorry! I didn't read thru the thread and just gave my honest answer. Best character, probably Peter, since he was the wiseacre of the bunch, "Pork Chops & Applesauce"!

Chris

Pants 05-16-03 03:44 PM

I voted for Peter, I identified more with the boys but Greg was a fool.