Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under 5/11/03

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-03, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Six Feet Under 5/11/03

Damn....couldn't believe there was no thread on this yet so here goes.

Great Episode tonight I must say. Nate was a powerhouse....and the plot thickens with Lisa. as for Billy, all i can say is:

A hearty for James Cromwell coming on....a perfect fit imho. All in all this was one damn good hour (ok, 49 minutes) of television.
Old 05-11-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts
Was in the middle of starting my own thread. Glad I checked before I hit the post button. Here was my post:

WOW! What an episode. And the best one this year IMO. The writing was brilliant. So many great scenes (and dialogue!). Claire telling off her teacher was probably the highlight. But the show was so heartbreaking. Everyone's life seems to be turned upside down at the moment. I have to say, I don't think I've ever been so depressed (and bummed out) after watching an hour on television. I more bummed that there are only two more episodes to tie everything up. And what about the three opening death scenes!? Thought for sure Lisa would be one of them. Anyway, four star episode!!
Old 05-11-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed about Claire...she was great.

"confused" BF: "I won't give up!"

Claire: "That's your F'ing problem!" perfection!!!
Old 05-11-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another great episode. I had to laugh when I realized that the movie Nate and David were watching on TV was Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes. Nice touch!

Rob
Old 05-11-03, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to say it ....

Give me a new episode of The Sopranos vs a new episode of Six Feet Under and I can only watch one, I'm choosing SFU every time. The last two seasons have been on a completely different level than anything I've seen of The Sopranos in quite awhile.

Peter Krause's performance tonight was amazing. Watching him shake when he was on the phone, his expressions, mannerisms ... if he doesn't get nominated and win a Cable Ace Award for his performance this season I'll be shocked.
Old 05-11-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Daytripper
And what about the three opening death scenes!? Thought for sure Lisa would be one of them.
I was hoping it would be either her or Claire's ex.

I loved Rico's expression when he walked in and saw the new tv and fridge.
Old 05-11-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Angelica
Old 05-12-03, 12:50 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I thought the three deaths meant something about each character? The 'death' of lisa, the death of David and Keiths relationship, the death between Claire and her BF...Things happen in three's...
Old 05-12-03, 06:06 AM
Banned

Originally posted by indianajdp
I've got to say it ....

Give me a new episode of The Sopranos vs a new episode of Six Feet Under and I can only watch one, I'm choosing SFU every time. The last two seasons have been on a completely different level than anything I've seen of The Sopranos in quite awhile.
As Vincent would say... That's a BOLD statement...
Old 05-12-03, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 143 Likes on 98 Posts
Originally posted by RobCA
Another great episode. I had to laugh when I realized that the movie Nate and David were watching on TV was Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes. Nice touch!

Rob
I noticed that too and thought, interesting. Great episode. I really do feel sorry for this family since everything seems to fall apart at once. Claire mentioned how hollywood stars die in threes and someone already posted how the three real deaths mirror the "deaths" for the Fishers. Didn't see Claire new addition coming and poor Rico's family is falling apart as well. Part of me really wanted him to go off on the sister who was being evil to him. Well there are two episodes left so I could still get my wish.
Old 05-12-03, 08:09 AM

WOW! Didn't notice the movie reference OR the "threes" tie in with the deaths, but, damn, you just can't catch everything withg this show. There's just too much. I'm just gonna give the big and be done here because going into detail on everything that was good would just be redundant. I couldn't love this show more if I wanted to.
Old 05-12-03, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
This show does depress the hell out of me, maybe that's a sign of good writing, or it's just the road the show has to go.

Not crazy about Claire's new development, seems so cliched, but in light of her heart-to-heart talk with Ruth last episode, it's even more scary for Claire. Her bit with Olivier was pretty fun stuff, though.

Nate is totally on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Glad to see David and Claire rally around Nate.

Brenda and Billy (and their mom) are just so damn dysfunctional.
Old 05-12-03, 08:50 AM

Just checking - the last scene showed Lisas car - was that the same parking lot she made last phone call to Nate from? i.e. a last ditch suicide call?
Old 05-12-03, 08:53 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Originally posted by RobCA
I noticed that too - nice touch indeed!
Old 05-12-03, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 392 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally posted by ljp99
Just checking - the last scene showed Lisas car - was that the same parking lot she made last phone call to Nate from? i.e. a last ditch suicide call?
Nate actually called her when she was at that beach and he was at the park with Maya.

Fantastic episode. One of the best if not the best show on televison. I am really bummed it all comes to an end in two episodes, I will go thru serious withdrawal without my sunday fix. I think Lisa is a gonner, seems more and more likely she'll wash up on the shore somewhere.

I'm impressed with Clare's preformance, have to wonder how she'll handel it going forward. My wife was wondering if she was pregnant in real life (IIRC she has a kid already) but with it so late in the season I can't see them doing that as she won't need to hide it or anything.

The only thing I found unbelievable was Ricos reaction to being the proud owner of a big screen TV, I mean come on it was on sale I was also hoping he'd go off on Venessas sister.

I was also suprised how well Arthur did in the meeting, good poise for someone so erratic in his day to day, the way he approched Nate when he was walking in with the client made me think he would do something dumb.

I was not fooled for a minute with the flash of Lisa walking in on a worried nate, it was artful but the show has pulled it too many times.
Old 05-12-03, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't believe the thread has gone this far without ANY mention of ..... the Chenoweths. Amazing that now Brenda seems positively "normal" in comparision with the rest of her family.

Yes, one of the best yet, and if the Emmy committee has any sense, they'll start carving Peter Krause's name on an statuette right now!
Old 05-12-03, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I mentioned them.
Old 05-12-03, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ljp99
Can we talk about the abandoned car for just a second? Since Lisa was reported missing, would the police let Nate (or anyone) just go rummaging through the car like that? I mean, wouldn't they fingerprint it first? Even Nate said "She doesn't drink Dr. Pepper" (etc). Someone's hand prints were on there if not hers then. Just found it odd.
Old 05-12-03, 10:49 AM
MrN
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Any theories on what happened to Lisa? You think she walked into the ocean? But that wouldn't explain the Dr. Pepper. Maybe they'll leave it unexplained?

I really like Olivier - even if he's full of it half the time, he's still funny.

Those dreams are getting really predictable because they've done it so many times now.
Old 05-12-03, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

the cop said it was too soon to treat the car as evidence because she's only been missing 24 hours or so...something about him not being allowed to until she is confirmed to be a true missing person and not just a "runaway".

Last edited by hgar78; 05-12-03 at 11:02 AM.
Old 05-12-03, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Possible preview spoilers. I'm putting it in the tags for those that do not watch the previews.

Spoiler:
Hmmm...let's see, Nate running much like he was at the end of last season, some fog effects. Could it be? Could Nate have been still on the table this whole year? Could SFU be pulling the Dallas of the double oughts? I've said it this whole year and I certainly hope the previews are an indication toward that.
Old 05-12-03, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by AgtFox
Possible preview spoilers. I'm putting it in the tags for those that do not watch the previews.

Spoiler:
Hmmm...let's see, Nate running much like he was at the end of last season, some fog effects. Could it be? Could Nate have been still on the table this whole year? Could SFU be pulling the Dallas of the double oughts? I've said it this whole year and I certainly hope the previews are an indication toward that.
I thought the same thing when I saw the preview of Nate jogging AgtFox.

And MrN, I agree with you about "the dreams". When Lisa came home, I said immediately, "He's dreaming". That needs to stop.
Old 05-12-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by MrN
Any theories on what happened to Lisa? You think she walked into the ocean? But that wouldn't explain the Dr. Pepper.
Well, I guess if she was going to kill herself she wouldn't care about the toxins in soda pop.
Old 05-12-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When Cromwell was comforting Ruth I wanted him to say "That'll do, pig."
Old 05-12-03, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 392 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
When Cromwell was comforting Ruth I wanted him to say "That'll do, pig."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.