DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Simpsons 05/11/2003 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/291766-simpsons-05-11-2003-a.html)

movieking 05-11-03 05:42 PM

Simpsons 05/11/2003

An interesting episode that seemed to be more of a Mother's Day tribute than an actual Simpsons episode, IMO.

Spoiler:
Homer loses his license, and Marge takes over all the driving, which ends up in her hating Homer. Homer realizes that he has taken her for granted, organizes a backyard party, and all is well again

Although this episode isn't really about the kids taking Marge for granted (although Homer is the biggest kid arguably), it seemed like it was almost a tribute to mothers for everything they do for their family. Almost sappy to a degree, and very little humor.

Spoiler:
Music alert! A new Homer song "I Like To Walk" and a Jackson Brown song are featured

TheMadMonk 05-11-03 07:44 PM

Very little humor is right.

Samuel 05-11-03 08:41 PM

Cheif Wiggum on a tricyle chasing after Ralph in the police cruiser was priceless.

"Public transportation is for jerks and lesbians." :confused: but :lol:

wildcatlh 05-11-03 08:45 PM

A couple of laughs, but otherwise a poor episode.

Hopefully the two season finale episodes next week are better.

Jackskeleton 05-11-03 09:01 PM

Homer realizes that he has taken her for granted,

hmmm.. How many simpsons episode's has this been the main story?

Was there atleast a talking dog?

palebluedot 05-11-03 09:19 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
hmmm.. How many simpsons episode's has this been the main story?

Was there atleast a talking dog?

Or the dog with shifty eyes.

Not that great. It seems the Simpons is caught in one-liner limbo...no overall good shows anymore it seems.

MrX 05-11-03 10:05 PM

Ralph in the police car was about the only funny thing.

CaptainMarvel 05-11-03 10:27 PM

I liked the flying penguins. That was about it.

madcougar 05-11-03 10:29 PM

This show has been so poor this season, that for the first time in about six years I didn't make any plans to watch it.

Doesn't sound like I missed much.

Jackskeleton 05-11-03 10:31 PM

Not many laughs in this episode. Oh well it was better then the dude ranch episode.. I'll leave it at that..

Phyre 05-11-03 11:02 PM

Anyone else getting tired of guest voices playing themselves and/or coming up with some lame ass song?

Deftones 05-11-03 11:20 PM

It was ok. I liked when Bart was getting beat up by the turtle, shark and squid in aquarium.

The rerun episode where Marge becomes a body builder was much better.

Gasspasser 05-11-03 11:21 PM

It was better, but not as good as it could have been. But I still stick with a bad simpsons is better than no simpsons

Rogue588 05-11-03 11:24 PM

Originally posted by Phyre
Anyone else getting tired of guest voices playing themselves and/or coming up with some lame ass song?
I was thinking the same thing..

I have no problem if they're playing a character [i.e. Jane Kazmawhateverherlastnameis playing the judge briefly in this ep [and two others]]..it's getting a bit jarring when one of the Simpsons [or all] say the name of whichever star is guesting in that ep..

Hell, i'd rather hear Homer say "the Simpsons are going to ..." 1,000 times instead..

Gdrlv 05-11-03 11:40 PM

Originally posted by madcougar
This show has been so poor this season, that for the first time in about six years I didn't make any plans to watch it.

Doesn't sound like I missed much.

Opposite for me...only 1 year ago, I watched the Simpsons religiously every week (as I had for over 8 years before). I got bored by the steadily declining lack of quality and have only seen about 3 episodes this season. Caught tonight's, and I won't be rearranging any plans to see new shows any time soon. Sure wish reruns aired at convenient times here...

DrRingDing 05-12-03 12:08 AM

Originally posted by Gdrlv
Opposite for me...
didn't madcougar say the same thing?

i guess i'm happy that i didn't miss much. i was out to a mother's day dinner.
-di doctor-

Jackskeleton 05-12-03 01:43 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
it's getting a bit jarring when one of the Simpsons [or all] say the name of whichever star is guesting in that ep..

Hell, i'd rather hear Homer say "the Simpsons are going to ..." 1,000 times instead..

Oh man, I'm with you on that one. It is annoying to have to listen to them say the name of the guest star of the episode. the animation should give that away. if the public doesn't get it, whatever. I'm sure a lot of what is on the show isn't always gotten by everyone who watches it. It seems like they try to explain too much of things.

Da Thrilla 05-12-03 02:38 AM

"Even my boogers are spicy!"

That did it for me rotfl

yecul 05-12-03 08:26 AM

When Marge calls Moe's to ask if Homer was there and he takes the broom to poke on the floor, checking if he'd passed out... That was classic.

AXP 103 05-12-03 11:19 AM

The Simpsons hasn't been in top form in a while, but I thought last season was a solid improvement. I've felt this season has gone back to the one liner formula as previously mentioned.

I think that this show still can have life in it, I hope that the people in charge take a look at it and freshen up the creative personnel for the next couple of seasons

Marquee Marq 05-12-03 11:48 AM

Originally posted by Da Thrilla
"Even my boogers are spicy!"

That did it for me rotfl

That was not from the new episode that aired.

That quote is from an older episode that aired at 7pm on FOX, when Marge got mugged and developed agoraphobia... she pepper-sprayed Ralph out of paranoia. A funny scene indeed, but not a new episode by any means. :)

madcougar 05-12-03 10:47 PM

Originally posted by DrRingDing
didn't madcougar say the same thing?

Yes. Yes I did.

I was once like you Gasspasser. See this thread if you don't believe me. "As long as they keep making them, I'll keep watching them," I said. I guess I lied.

Da Thrilla 05-13-03 12:25 AM

Originally posted by Marquee Marq
That was not from the new episode that aired.

That quote is from an older episode that aired at 7pm on FOX, when Marge got mugged and developed agoraphobia... she pepper-sprayed Ralph out of paranoia. A funny scene indeed, but not a new episode by any means. :)

:o

Don't really catch The Simpsons as much as I used to :(
(work)