DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Favorite Game show? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/291714-favorite-game-show.html)

Bacon 05-11-03 11:40 AM

Favorite Game show?

I love the Price Is Right, classic show

UWSarge 05-11-03 12:11 PM

Jeopardy because you can essentially "play along" as they give you the answers.

Red Dog 05-11-03 12:50 PM

I say Survivor - since it is essentially a game show.

atari2600 05-11-03 12:52 PM

price is right and press your luck

Static Cling 05-11-03 02:08 PM

What is Jeopardy, Alex?

devilshalo 05-11-03 02:15 PM

Too many for me to pick a favorite. Some not mentioned.

Card Sharks
High Rollers
Password
$20,000 Pyramid
Supermarket Sweep [tried out to be a contestant :D]
Win Ben Stein's Money
Wheel of Fortune
Joker's Wild
Remote Control
Tic-Tac-Dough

conscience 05-11-03 04:31 PM

Family Fued.

Followed by Match Game then the old Newlywed Game

nny 05-11-03 05:33 PM

Street Smarts is my favorite. I get bored with all the others, but Street Smarts has enough comedy to keep me coming back.

calhoun07 05-11-03 07:09 PM

It's a toss up for me between Family Feud and the Price is Right. The Price is Right wins by a margin for Bob Barker's consistency of just being a great host. Family Feud has been really good thru the years, but I'd have a hard time picking that one, because not all the hosts have been as good as they could have been, or should have been.

As far as Family Feud, I think Richard Dawson's was and will probably be always the best. Richard Karn fast became my second favorite host of the game, with Ray Combs in third. The thing I didn't like about Ray Comb's Family Feud is that they seemed to coach the competing families to act like total jerks towards the other families while they were playing. In EVERY game the other family is heckling the family that is playing the question, booing when they get right answers and cheering when they get wrong answers, and often they are more annoying than it's worth. Whoever thought that was a good idea for the game should have been fired because it is too annoying. And Louie Anderson was just plain annoying himself, yelling all the time and most of the time he just seemed to be going thru the motions.

If I was to pick another game show based on the strength of the host Match Game would be up there as well, with Gene Rayburn. He was awesome on that show.

Deftones 05-11-03 08:00 PM

Card Sharks was good. My favorite was probably TPIR simply for the amount of different games that they have.

Ginwen 05-12-03 01:14 AM

Now, Jeopardy.

Growing up: The Joker's Wild, the $XX,000 Pyramid (when it was hosted by Dick Clark), and Bowling for Dollars (I think local to LA, hosted by Chick Hearn)

SergeantPinback 05-12-03 05:56 AM

I gotta go with JEOPARDY! I love any kind of trivia games, (where you can excercise your brain while you watch).

JEOPARDY! is the daddy of them all, but I also used to love ROCK & ROLL JEOPARDY, and Comedy Central's BEAT THE GEEKS.

B.A. 05-12-03 08:25 AM

It's Jeopardy!

NCMojo 05-12-03 03:02 PM

Right now, it is Jeopardy, but I used to love Match Game as a kid. In fact, one Halloweed I dressed up as Charles Nelson Reilly and walked around all night with a cue card that read "Moist Toilette".

Not that anyone asked.

Darq 05-12-03 03:05 PM

In no specific order, i like $25,000 Pyramid, Jeopardy!, and Wheel of Fortune. Although most of those Wheel players are just plain DUMB.

Burnt Alive 05-12-03 11:02 PM

Classic Concentration!

Giles 05-13-03 09:42 AM

Lingo
Friend or Foe
Russian Roulette

grunter 05-13-03 10:38 AM

Why is there no entry for "The Krypton Factor?"

Hmm?

Why?

;)