Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

TV Land/Nick at Nite announce new/returning programming

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-03, 09:25 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
TV Land/Nick at Nite announce new/returning programming

TV Land adds eight classic TV series to its line-up through 2004._ New acquisitions include "Bewitched" (May 31, 2003), "I Dream of Jeannie" (June 2, 2003),_ "Mister Ed" (September, 2003),_ "The Flip Wilson Show" (July 3, 2003), "Bonanza" (September, 2003), "Green Acres" (January 1, 2004),_ "Fantasy Island" (June 2, 2003), and "Carol Burnett and Friends" (April 12, 2004).

Nick at Nite announces their first original series, "Fatherhood"_ (January, 2004) based on the Bill Cosby book,_ and new acquisitions include "Roseanne"_ (September 21, 2003), "Full House" (October 6, 2003), "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" (September 13, 2004), and "Who’s The Boss?" (June, 2004).

(Source: Mortystv.com and Classictvhits.com)
Old 05-10-03, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: TV Land/Nick at Nite announce new/returning programming

• Quoth brtcmfn •<HR SIZE=1>TV Land adds eight classic TV series to its line-up through 2004._ New acquisitions include "Bewitched" (May 31, 2003), "I Dream of Jeannie" (June 2, 2003),_ "Mister Ed" (September, 2003),_ "The Flip Wilson Show" (July 3, 2003), "Bonanza" (September, 2003), "Green Acres" (January 1, 2004),_ "Fantasy Island" (June 2, 2003), and "Carol Burnett and Friends" (April 12, 2004).<HR SIZE=1>

Good to see TV Land can still bring some "classic" series.

• Quoth brtcmfn •<HR SIZE=1>Nick at Nite announces their first original series, "Fatherhood"_ (January, 2004) based on the Bill Cosby book,_ and new acquisitions include "Roseanne"_ (September 21, 2003), "Full House" (October 6, 2003), "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" (September 13, 2004), and "Who’s The Boss?" (June, 2004).<HR SIZE=1>

Yay. It's like watching TBS. I miss Nick-at-Nite. Give it another year and they'll be showing Friends.

das
Old 05-10-03, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by brtcmfn
=Nick at Nite announces their first original series, "Fatherhood"_ (January, 2004) based on the Bill Cosby book,_ and new acquisitions include "Roseanne"_ (September 21, 2003), "Full House" (October 6, 2003), "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" (September 13, 2004), and "Who’s The Boss?" (June, 2004).
Actually Fatherhood will be their second original series. Back in the early 90s, they had a short-lived original series called "Hi Honey I'm Home," which was notable because each episode featured a cameo/guest appearance from a classic TV star.

As for N@N's announced pick-ups, they can get Full House and Fresh Prince yet they still don't air ALF? ALF was better than all 4 of those shows.
Old 05-10-03, 12:24 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
for Green Acres
Old 05-10-03, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: TV Land/Nick at Nite announce new/returning programming

• Quoth scott27 •<HR SIZE=1>Actually Fatherhood will be their second original series. Back in the early 90s, they had a short-lived original series called "Hi Honey I'm Home," which was notable because each episode featured a cameo/guest appearance from a classic TV star.<HR SIZE=1>

Actually , Hi Honey, I'm Home! was produced by Nickelodeon for ABC's TGIF and then "instant rerun" to Nick-at-Nite. It was all part of the whole promotion for the show. Back before Paramount bought Viacom, Nickelodeon had set up a production studio at Universal Studios (Florida). I was actually there at the time and saw initial tapings for the first episodes of the series (and yes ... this was when I fell in love with Julie Benz). Hi Honey, I'm Home! got dumped by ABC and aired the "unaired" episodes on Nick-at-Nite as a "new season."

So I think it's fair to consider it an ABC/Nickelodeon series and not a "Nick-at-Nite" series. Besides, if we want to get overly technical, I think On the Television was Nick-at-Nite's first "original" series a few years earlier, but I'd have to research that to be certain.

das
Old 05-10-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Re: TV Land/Nick at Nite announce new/returning programming

Originally posted by das Monkey

• Quoth brtcmfn •<HR SIZE=1>Nick at Nite announces their first original series, "Fatherhood"_ (January, 2004) based on the Bill Cosby book,_ and new acquisitions include "Roseanne"_ (September 21, 2003), "Full House" (October 6, 2003), "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" (September 13, 2004), and "Who’s The Boss?" (June, 2004).<HR SIZE=1>

Yay. It's like watching TBS. I miss Nick-at-Nite. Give it another year and they'll be showing Friends.

das [/B]
Nick at Night has had no pulling power for me for quite a while. The last time I desired to watch anything on that channel was back in 1997, or 98. I agree that the new announcement of shows is disappointing at best. This is crap that is not just broadcast every day on TBS, but also on 90% of the local affiliates across the country. I would love to see more niche type shows in it's line up. I can't think of anything off the top of my head from that time period I would love to see on the channel, however. Can you?
Old 05-10-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Re: TV Land/Nick at Nite announce new/returning programming

• Quoth calhoun07 •<HR SIZE=1>I can't think of anything off the top of my head from that time period I would love to see on the channel, however. Can you? <HR SIZE=1>

Sure ... I loved their original programming line-ups. Rule #1: If It's Not Black & White, It's Not Nick-at-Nite. How about some Patty Duke or Dobie Gillis? Maybe The Joey Bishop Show ... or the first My Three Sons. Make Room for Daddy, Father Knows Best, Donna Reed, Petticoat Junction ...

This is the Nick-at-Nite past that I grew to love. WGN, TBS, and every local station on the planet has been beating the repeats of Nick-at-Nite's current line-up to death. Do we really need more of that? Where is a fan of classic TV supposed to find the quality shows of yesteryear? What happened to "How to Be Swell?" Or ... "They're my three sons. They're my three sons. It's my three sons ... on Nick-at-Nite. They've got a dog ... his name is Tramp. And then there's Bub ... it's My Three Sons!"

das
Old 05-10-03, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Re: Re: TV Land/Nick at Nite announce new/returning programming

Originally posted by das Monkey

So I think it's fair to consider it an ABC/Nickelodeon series and not a "Nick-at-Nite" series. Besides, if we want to get overly technical, I think On the Television was Nick-at-Nite's first "original" series a few years earlier, but I'd have to research that to be certain.

Ah Monkey, I love you! I've been trying for ages to remember the name of that show: On The Television.

As for the shows Welcome back Mr. Ed!
Old 05-10-03, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

All I want is "Cheers" and "Wings". I couldn't care less about the other shows. I kinda wonder why "Murphy Brown" will never be picked up by anything...it was a pretty popular series, wasn't it?

ABC Family briefly aired "Who's the Boss" after it left syndication. It turns out, I really didn't miss it.

I do remember when "Bewitched" was on Nick-at-Nite, though. They really have changed their ways...very "MTV" of them.
Old 05-11-03, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I would also like to see them go back to their "roots" and start with 50's sit coms all over again, and I thought about that earlier when I posted, but then I remembered TV Land has much of that programming now. So, assuming they are still going to stay in the 80's and it looks like they will be going into the early 90's soon enough, what shows could they rerun from that era that are not being beat to death by other networks? I can't really think of anything from that era. So, if there isn't anything, going back to the 50's would be ideal.
Old 05-11-03, 11:55 AM
My Generosity Is Legendary

TV Land adds eight classic TV series to its line-up through 2004._ New acquisitions include "Bewitched" (May 31, 2003), "I Dream of Jeannie" (June 2, 2003),_ "Mister Ed" (September, 2003),_ "The Flip Wilson Show" (July 3, 2003), "Bonanza" (September, 2003), "Green Acres" (January 1, 2004),_ "Fantasy Island" (June 2, 2003), and "Carol Burnett and Friends" (April 12, 2004).
"Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie" are kicking off with 48 hour marathons. The others are tentatively scheduled to do the same.
Old 05-11-03, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Where's the ALF?
Old 05-11-03, 02:47 PM

Originally posted by freedexter
I kinda wonder why "Murphy Brown" will never be picked up by anything...it was a pretty popular series, wasn't it?
Murphy Brown ran on the Lifetime network for about 2-full runs of the whole series and then they pulled it. I guess no one could get sick of the Golden Girls and Designing Women, which they have been running 4 times a day for years (not that I don't appreciate those shows but compared to how long they ran Murphy Brown it seems excessive).

I miss watching Dobie Gillis and other classic b&w TV shows. I was just starting to get into Dobie when they stopped airing it and I have always loved Bewitched.
Old 05-12-03, 01:42 AM

I think they just need more channels. Like one or two per decade. While I just watch what I like, regardless of when it's from, there are a lot of great shows that aren't being played anywhere. And seriously, they have a channel for everything now, wouldn't 50s sitcoms or 70s drama channels be just a successful as a channel of all weather, all golf, all reality shows, or all car racing?
Old 05-12-03, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I think they need to do a different decade each night of the week, then on Friday, have the best of all the decades. On the weekends, they could do the TV Box sets or Summer Block Parties, or something different. I don't know why they feel compelled to have the same line up every night.
Old 05-12-03, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wow this sucks. They already previously had Green Acres and I can't stand Mr. Ed. They better show the black and white episodes of Bewtiched....

And Nick-At-Nite started to tank when Nickelodeon kept pushing the N@N start time back, and back, and back in favor of Nick's programming. And if I do say so myself Nickelodeon's programming for kids is very poor these days, Disney Channel and Cartoon Network seem to offer much better kids programming. N@N has officially turned into the "TBS just had these shows" station.