Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor Finale 5/11 - Who will be Sole Survivor?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor?
Butch
6.25%
Jenna
14.58%
Matt
62.50%
Rob
16.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor Finale 5/11 - Who will be Sole Survivor?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-03, 09:31 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Originally posted by Tanaraq
LOL!! I thought that sign was for Deena.
Yeah, except isn't she married and has children? Or am I confusing her with someone else?
Old 05-11-03, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. That was dissappointing.

Can't even watch the reunion show.
Old 05-11-03, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Cool. Back to the beach for next season - Pearl Islands off the Pacific coast of Panama. Each tribe will have its own island.
Old 05-11-03, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heidi proved to be one of the most ridiculous and annoying players ever.
Old 05-11-03, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Alyoshka
no kidding

gee, she has a high IQ score- yet another reason not to put much faith in IQ scores. She didn't appear to be athletic or intelligent, just full of herself.
Old 05-11-03, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

But, she had the highest IQ of all of players this season......
Old 05-11-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WTF? Heidi had the highest IQ of the bunch? It was higher than the rocket scientist's.

I don't know what that says about NASA or IQ tests.
Old 05-11-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

IQ tests are just tests- they are flawed, Skeletor is living proof.
Old 05-11-03, 10:00 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Agreed. But Christy also annoyed me quite a bit.

And might I add, if I haven't already, Alex was the worst.
Old 05-11-03, 10:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If it makes anyone feel any better about the IQ thing, being intelligent doesn't mean being smart.

Also, true IQ tests (not the eMode variety) are actually a composite of various individual scores to show strengths and weaknesses. Never take an IQ as anything but a number unless you know what test was taken, and more importantly, what were the sub-scores.
Old 05-11-03, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't watch much this season. Why didn't Matt need the money?
Old 05-11-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Big Quasimodo
I don't know, I must have missed that, too.

Maybe being a swimsuit model doesn't pay too well.
Old 05-11-03, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Actually, Heidi's IQ score was in the top 3 (along with Roger and Alex). Anyhow, I doubt Heidi's IQ was a big scary factor in how people treated the saline-inflated contestant with 2% body fat. Plus, that horrible "I was the mastermind" gibberish at her final tribal council as a player was dumb as hell. So she may have score well on the IQ test, but her common sense score would be pretty average at best (along with Roger and Dave).
Old 05-11-03, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Very disappointing final vote. I wish Matt and Rob could have been the final two. I wanted to hear Rob work his magic on the jury questions, lol. Dang! Jenna was nothing but a spoiled, whiney chick with a pretty face. Without her looks she would have been out long ago. That goes double for Heidi too. Wow, what a dumb bimbo she seems to be. I'm sure this vote will continue to baffle me for years to come.

On a side note, it looked like Heidi is trying to be the next Pamala Anderson. That hair and makeup, whoa... "Hey everybody, look at me! I'm a cheap skank!" I predict she will sell out to Playboy very soon. Athletic and intelligent--what a crock!

I'm not bitter, btw.
Old 05-11-03, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Big Quasimodo
Because Jenna assumed that since he is a restaurant designer, he doesn't need it.

I'm pissed that Jenna won - Matt deserved it more than she. We all know that Rob should have won, but it's useless to argue about it now.

I agree that Alex is annoying - the guy is full of himself and he likes the sound of his own voice a little too much. When he was talking at the reunion about the time he realized Matt was a little off in the head, he kept going on and on until Probst told him to get to the point.

God - Heidi did not look any better did she? Truly a scary specimen for the female sex. So Heidi has a high IQ - I always knew those tests were worthless. She may have been the most stupid Survivor contestant I can ever remember watching. Probst had to tell her that both Matt and Jenna answered her question (so she would sit down before the final vote) because she still wasn't sure.

I am pissed the next Survivor is in another traditionally warm environment. Give us a little variety for crying out loud. Go to Alaska or the Northwest Territories/Yukon. They could even get more sponsors for the show because they would have to outfit them a little more thoroughly for the environment.
Old 05-11-03, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

disappointed in the finale after a great season.
Matt or Rob should have won.

The ONLY time Jenna "played" the game was to win the last two immunity challanges.
Other than that she was just drag along dead meat.
Old 05-11-03, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by briank
The ONLY time Jenna "played" the game was to win the last two immunity challanges.
Other than that she was just drag along dead meat.
I don't want to give her the benefit of the doubt, but Probst did say that she won 4 of the 8 immunity challenges. Even though he said it, I still only remember the last two.
Old 05-11-03, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think that's right, she won the one that she gave to Heidi and I can't think of the other one, but I'm pretty sure she did win four.
Old 05-12-03, 12:10 AM

Originally posted by hotaru_san
I think that's right, she won the one that she gave to Heidi and I can't think of the other one, but I'm pretty sure she did win four.
Didn't she win the one with the masks? Where other people would come along and chop at people's ropes and whatever.

Not that skill had much to do with winning that challenge.
Old 05-12-03, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was impressed with the way Jenna carried herself tonight. Maybe I was the only one. I went from liking her to not liking her several times. But at the end, I was happy for her. She won some challenges, got to the end soley on her own with back to back wins, and she played the game better than average. She's a pretty girl, but I can't believe she made her living as a model.

Matt was definately worthy of winning and it was a shame he lost by so much. I don't really see why it happened and it still amazes me how much the jury lets the final speeches influence them. It had to be closer than 6-1 going into the questions.

I hate being overly critical of people from these kinds of shows, but Alex and Heidi were horrible. Both had chance to make up for it a bit on the reunion show and both made me "cringe" with each word they spoke. Especially Heidi.

I really liked Christy. She gets a bit spastic at times, but she seems like a really cool person who just enjoys her life.

I'm terribly partial to the island versions because I live in the desert, so I was excited to see where they chose for the next one. I realize it might be nice to see them in a different type of climate but it will probably never happen.

I thought there might be some kind of comedy "bit" when Jeff went into the Ed Sullivan Theater. It was cool to see the reunion show there. There will be plenty of leftover stuff to use for the week's installments of "Will It Float?"
Old 05-12-03, 01:02 AM

I can't think of a single justification for Jenna winning. I don't understand it at all. I'm pretty angry. But at least Matt made it to the end. He's one of my favorites.

I'm really angry not because of Survivor specifically, but that it's the story of the universe: People who work hard and are nice get screwed.

Last edited by Soybean; 05-12-03 at 01:56 AM.
Old 05-12-03, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Seriously is Matt and Jenna doing it? Cause damn, they never let go of each other.
Old 05-12-03, 02:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Matt had no chance and he knew it. The three single and horny men voted with their heads instead of with their other heads, Deena hated all the men on the show, and Heidi was Jenna's best friend on the show. The only real surprise to him was that Christie voted for Jenna.

Last edited by Jeremy517; 05-12-03 at 02:16 AM.
Old 05-12-03, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Jenna won 4 IM challenge.
1. the chopping of the mask
2. the shuffle board
3. the blink fold puzzle of wind, earth, water and fire
4. the stand

it would be funny as hell if matt answer one of the question why Jenna does not deserve to win. He should of said well, Jenna could post for playboy for a $1 million $$ and get more of her 15 minute of fame.
Old 05-12-03, 04:14 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I agree Jenna came on strong at the end but I don't think she deserved to win I think Matt contributed more from the get go..

It's true what all you folks said about Alex he really is/was annoying. I just wished Jeff would have asked him what the hell he was thinking when he told Rob he was going to vote him out. That had to be the dumbest thing ever!

I may be in the minority but I thaught Heidi looked pretty good last night although that hair was a bit out of control

I think Jenna winning IC at the end gave the show a nice unexpected twist

I'm still puzzled as to why Matt only got Butche's vote!

Last edited by shanester; 05-12-03 at 06:15 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.