Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel 05/07/03 Season Finale

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-03, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by DVDGUY1116
I do not know why Charisma Carpenter left season 3 for a while last year but I know for a fact that she had a baby right towards the end of March, which is probably when the last few eps were being filmed. It is safe to assume that she also left a bit early for maternity leave and didn't come back immediately. This is probably the most likely reason she was gone at the end of the season. And, in case anybody is curious, she had a boy.
I thought she had gotten to drinky......maybe my memories off, but I do recall it being related to "personal issues." Drinky suspected.
Old 05-10-03, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amy is hot! She is why I started watching Angel. What happened to Conner, that part confused me
Old 05-10-03, 08:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Angel wanted Connor to have a better life, and this was the way to save Connor, to give him the upbringing Angel thought Connor deserved (instead of growing up in a Hell dimension being raised by Holtz).
Old 05-10-03, 11:19 AM

Originally posted by joefrog91
Right from the beginning, W&H has wanted to get Angel on their side, to corrupt him. What better way to do that than have him take over the company. I can't wait to see the direction the show will head in the next season.
agreed. The entire episode I just kept thinking about the old saying, keep your friends close but your enemies closer....I don't think any character of Angel Inc. trusts W&H and I'm sure a good part of the earlier stages of next season will be spent watching W&H trying to earn the team's trust while their real plan simmers in the background....I for one like the new status quo that has been set up...
Old 05-10-03, 11:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a few questions:

(spoilers)

1) since it seems to be the consensus that angel made a deal to plant connor in a regular home and wipe any memory of him from the others... if W & H had this kind of power, what prevented them from completely annihilating Angel and his crew in previous seasons?

2) How did wesley move from buffy to angel? Was he in a few episodes of buffy season 4 or did he just disappear from that show altogether after season 3?

Hmm, had some more, but they escape me at the moment.
Old 05-10-03, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

1) since it seems to be the consensus that angel made a deal to plant connor in a regular home and wipe any memory of him from the others... if W & H had this kind of power, what prevented them from completely annihilating Angel and his crew in previous seasons?
It's not like they weren't trying. Season 1 ended with them bombing Angel's office while Wes was inside. But once Season 2 started, they made it very clear that the Senior Partners wanted Angel alive and evil in preparation for the coming apocalypse. That's why killing him was no longer a priority, although I suppose his friends and co-workers were still fair game.

2) How did wesley move from buffy to angel? Was he in a few episodes of buffy season 4 or did he just disappear from that show altogether after season 3?
He was fired from the Watcher's Council after Buffy Season 3 and resurfaced in the 10th episode of Angel Season 1. At the time he was a "rogue demon hunter"(i.e. unemployed) and Angel hired him to essentially replace Doyle.
Old 05-10-03, 04:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Doughboy
It's not like they weren't trying. Season 1 ended with them bombing Angel's office while Wes was inside. But once Season 2 started, they made it very clear that the Senior Partners wanted Angel alive and evil in preparation for the coming apocalypse. That's why killing him was no longer a priority, although I suppose his friends and co-workers were still fair game.
Okay let me rephrase. What prevented W&H from wiping out the memories of Angel and his crew, perhaps reinserting them into their own ranks? If the only answer to this is "because then there would be no story, silly!" then of course, that's weak storytelling. Was there any precedence set previously about the limits of the firm's powers? For some reason, I feel cheated.

It's like a bad horror film where the killer ends up being someone the audience could never have guessed, someone who wasn't even shown before the revelation.

I guess what I'm having trouble with is that the conflict feels false and forced.

Perhaps I need to watch the other seasons to judge fairly?

Originally posted by Doughboy
He was fired from the Watcher's Council after Buffy Season 3 and resurfaced in the 10th episode of Angel Season 1. At the time he was a "rogue demon hunter"(i.e. unemployed) and Angel hired him to essentially replace Doyle.
So is Wesley in buffy after season 3 where they show him getting fired? Or is that all explained when he pops up in angel? I'm interested in the evolution of this character. There is such a stark difference between what he was in buffy and what he is now on angel. I think he's become my favorite character (of the ones current in either show).
Old 05-11-03, 09:41 AM

It would appear that Angel made a deal with W&H to get what he wanted in regard to Conner. What he put up as collateral is something that will probably be dealt with next season. I suppose the reasoning is that in order for that kind of magic to be done there has to be two willing parties to consumate the deal. Which would kinda explain why W&H was unable to do a spell like that on Angel all on their own.
Wesley was indeed canned on Buffy when Buffy refused to follow the Council's orders. I've got to say I agree with you about Wesley. He is by far the most interesting & complex of Team Angel's characters.

Originally posted by minguy
Okay let me rephrase. What prevented W&H from wiping out the memories of Angel and his crew, perhaps reinserting them into their own ranks? If the only answer to this is "because then there would be no story, silly!" then of course, that's weak storytelling. Was there any precedence set previously about the limits of the firm's powers? For some reason, I feel cheated.

It's like a bad horror film where the killer ends up being someone the audience could never have guessed, someone who wasn't even shown before the revelation.

I guess what I'm having trouble with is that the conflict feels false and forced.

Perhaps I need to watch the other seasons to judge fairly?

So is Wesley in buffy after season 3 where they show him getting fired? Or is that all explained when he pops up in angel? I'm interested in the evolution of this character. There is such a stark difference between what he was in buffy and what he is now on angel. I think he's become my favorite character (of the ones current in either show).
Old 05-20-03, 03:20 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
I was reading the transcript from the Kristen chat over at Eonline and here's what she said about the future of Conner.

Spoiler:
According to Tim Minear or David Fury on the Succubus Club (an Internet radio show), Vincent Kartheiser will not be coming back for more than an episode (or so) next season.

She also mentioned the decision to not bring Charisma back as a regular next season was not entirely Charisma's choice.

info on the bottom
http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...ld/index4.html