DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Smallville 05-06-03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/290806-smallville-05-06-03-a.html)

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:06 AM

Smallville 05-06-03

How come there is no thread for Smallville? This was a very good and creepy episode. I've seen the little girl actress before and she's a very good actress.

So are people losing interest in Smallville. Is that why there is no thread? And I'm on the west coast, so I saw it later than those on the east coast.

Chris

devilshalo 05-07-03 12:08 AM

Smallville (5/6/03) - Accelerate

http://www.thewb.com/THEWB/Images/Dy...-A_4x3_120.jpg http://www.thewb.com/THEWB/Images/Dy...-B_4x3_120.jpg http://www.thewb.com/THEWB/Images/Dy...-C_4x3_120.jpg

Spoiler:
After Lana (Kristin Kreuk) is visited by the ghost of a childhood friend, she turns to Clark (Tom Welling) for help in uncovering the truth about her new visitor. However, after Clark realizes the little girl is actually a kryptonite-enhanced clone, he rushes to save Lana before the revenge-seeking child harms her. Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) learns that Lionel (John Glover) is funding the krypto-cloning research.

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:09 AM

It looks like Lex Luther will stoop to anything to increase his power in the world.

Also on a side note, the actor who plays The Janitor on Scrubs, had a guest starring role on this episode, as Emily's (Lana's best friend when they were 10 years old) father.

Chris

Excelesor 05-07-03 12:11 AM

I just finished watching it. I was hoping that they were going to kiss at the end, but obviously they give us the cockblock as usual. I swear I was yelling at the tv saying "COMON DO IT!!" i mean WTF, shes there holding your hands, looking into your eyes and totally wanting you and all you can do is just stand there with a damn smile on your face. I swear he needs to grow some balls and should've went in for a kiss, i mean your friken the man of steel. I would've rather not see the last 10 mins. UGH!!, enough of my rant. Next weeks does look interesting and awsome, but I don't think it is legit i know theres some to do it with it.

that girl reminded me of the girl from The Ring. also has a little touch of chucky in her since she was trying to kill lana by pushing her over the bridge and reminded of child's play where chucky pushes that mom outside the window of the apartment building and impaled her dad.

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:12 AM

I asked the Mods to merge my thread into your thread. I was surprised that the east coast people didn't start this thread 3 hours ago.

All in all a very good and creepy episode.

Chris

devilshalo 05-07-03 12:12 AM

I liked this episode, tho I'm sure the Chloe and Pete fans are upset with what little time they get.

Lionel being the truly evil bastid he is, showing Lex just how to play real hardball. There's just a great chess match going on between the two.

Clark & Lana.. we'll see how this goes after the next episode. ;)

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:14 AM

I agree about the ending non-kiss. And when they showed a far away view of them holding hands in the barn, they were like 5 feet away from each other. What's up with that? That part was kinda lame if you ask me.

Chris

mikehunt 05-07-03 12:14 AM

my shallow statement of the night: that little girl was wierd looking

devilshalo 05-07-03 12:15 AM

Sorry, I was laughing at the Clark/Lana moment just because of Avril's song and I kept picturing Rypro getting to first base. :lol:

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:16 AM

Originally posted by mikehunt
She may have been weird looking in the eyes, but she was very effective. I don't know if it was cold in my living room, but I was getting chills the first time I saw her.

Chris

Soybean 05-07-03 12:16 AM

If Clark screws up with Lana and she gets mad at him AGAIN before the end of the season I'll murder the writers of Smallville. It's OK the first 189 times, but afterwards it starts to get old.

Also, that leather jacket + sunglasses shot in next week's preview better not have anything to do with red kryptonite, or so help me....

Tom Banjo 05-07-03 12:16 AM

I officially hate Pete now just for the way he was yelling at the movie screen. Just like every other dumbass out there who feel the need to supply the rest of us with a running commentary.

madcougar 05-07-03 12:17 AM

Originally posted by mikehunt
I think there's a difference between saying she was wierd and saying she was ugly. And she WAS wierd looking. If that makes you shallow, then move over, cause I'm coming in.

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:18 AM

Unless I am mistaken, but since when did the Talon have a movie theater in it. I don't remember it from previous episodes.

Chris

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:20 AM

Originally posted by devilshalo
Sorry, I was laughing at the Clark/Lana moment just because of Avril's song and I kept picturing Rypro getting to first base. :lol:
It's funny how we are both posting in each other's thread. I hope the mods merge these pretty soon. :lol:

Chris

mrpayroll 05-07-03 12:24 AM

Here's a little interesting tidbit. My friend is a sound editor on Smallville and last week he took his 3 kids (Boy 11, Girls 12 & 13) in to Warner Brothers where he works.

They got to meet Tom Welling in person and took pictures with him, which I saw, and signed autographs for them. They said he was real nice. They also said that he was taller than me (6'2"). I said no way, he's about 6'. Boy was I wrong, I just checked on Google tonight and he's anywhere from 6'3" to 6'4" tall. He doesn't look that tall on the show and I read somewhere that they sometimes have to dig holes for him to stand in, so that he's not too tall for Lana!

By the way, my friends 2 daughters are totally in love with him.

Chris

Excelesor 05-07-03 12:26 AM

Originally posted by Soybean
If Clark screws up with Lana and she gets mad at him AGAIN before the end of the season I'll murder the writers of Smallville. It's OK the first 189 times, but afterwards it starts to get old.

Also, that leather jacket + sunglasses shot in next week's preview better not have anything to do with red kryptonite, or so help me....

Yea, i know if it does have something to do with red krytonsite i will going to gym and punching the bag for a while. i swear i will be so pissed, its like damn either hook them up or don't do it at all. plus if they do hook, i want it to be legit and not some fake BS and gay red kryptonite

calhoun07 05-07-03 12:36 AM

Originally posted by mrpayroll
Unless I am mistaken, but since when did the Talon have a movie theater in it. I don't remember it from previous episodes.

Chris

I don't recall seeing them in the actual theater before, but it was quite obvious the Talon is a refurbished old time theater, given the outside appearance, so I thought it was no big leap to expect us to buy the fact that there was still a working theater in the place.

Over all, LAME episode. Up there with lame FOTW episodes, this ranks up there with the deer eating girl for sheer lameness. Not even Lex could save this dog of an episode. And if the whole plot line wasn't lame enough, we were given the line that they were using Kryptonite as "MIRACLE GROW????" What's next week's episode? Clark gets attacked by giant mutant Chia Pets grown with Kryptonite enhanced plants? At the rate of the lame episodes this close to the end of the season, I wouldn't be too shocked.

Patman 05-07-03 07:42 AM

This was a bizarre episode. I'll have to re-watch it again when I was not as tired as last night (time-shifted).

Lionel is in all sort of stuff. It's sort of ironic how they have been positioning Lionel as the main bad guy in the show. Lex will have plenty more issues with his dad in the future.

Dimension X 05-07-03 09:30 AM

... but since when did the Talon have a movie theater in it. I don't remember it from previous episodes.

Originally posted by calhoun07
I don't recall seeing them in the actual theater before, but it was quite obvious the Talon is a refurbished old time theater, given the outside appearance, so I thought it was no big leap to expect us to buy the fact that there was still a working theater in the place.
I don't recall seeing the inside of the theater before either, but I remember seeing "Silent Movie Film Festival" (or something similar) on the marquee outside the Talon in an episode earlier in the season.

Jack_Savage 05-07-03 10:11 AM

Did they ever explain how the girl was so fast? They said why she grew so fast, and everything, but did they just chock up superspeed to meteor rock?

And the preview for next week had clark in motorcycle, sunglasses, and lana crying, does this mean red kryptonight is back?

The next two look really promising.

On a side note did anyone see the practice with the pete guy on it? He got the chair. Boy can act.

Draven 05-07-03 11:23 AM

Chris

I believe the episode last season where Lana was attempting to save the Talon dealt almost exclusively with the fact that it was a theater.

I think her parents either met there or went on their first date.

devilshalo 05-07-03 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Jack_Savage
Did they ever explain how the girl was so fast? They said why she grew so fast, and everything, but did they just chock up superspeed to meteor rock?
Enter BARRY ALLEN! Does set up the basis for the Flash now or what? ;) :up:

I think the speed is attributed to her growth. maybe since her age is accelerated, her molecules are too. I can only assume that it's because she died SIX years ago, yet she's age TEN.

mrpayroll 05-07-03 11:41 AM

Originally posted by devilshalo
Enter BARRY ALLEN! Does set up the basis for the Flash now or what? ;) :up:

I think the speed is attributed to her growth. maybe since her age is accelerated, her molecules are too. I can only assume that it's because she died SIX years ago, yet she's age TEN.

But when she died she was 9, almost 10 years old, it showed it on her gravestone. So that also means that Lana is 16 years old. I don't know if that was ever mentioned on Smallville. That is, unless they weren't the same age.

Chris

Patman 05-07-03 11:43 AM

Anyone else noticed that young Lana Lang was played by Vivien Cardone, who plays "Delia Brown" on Everwood?

Also, I noticed immediately that the Janitor from Scrubs played Emily's father.