Reload this Page >

Smallville 05-06-03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville 05-06-03

Old 05-07-03, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll
But when she died she was 9, almost 10 years old, it showed it on her gravestone.
Either way, she was cloned AFTER she died, so in relation to her growth process, she aged 9 years in the span of 6.
Old 05-07-03, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe it was me, but Emily didn't look 10 years old, but rather 8 years old.
Old 05-07-03, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,025 Posts
Originally posted by mrpayroll
But when she died she was 9, almost 10 years old, it showed it on her gravestone. So that also means that Lana is 16 years old. I don't know if that was ever mentioned on Smallville. That is, unless they weren't the same age.

Chris
I believe everyone started the show as either freshmen or sophmores...so Lana should be about 16.
Old 05-07-03, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
So what was up with Lana dating a Senior in high school when she was a frosh...
Old 05-07-03, 12:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Patman
So what was up with Lana dating a Senior in high school when she was a frosh...

Every older mans dream

Chris
Old 05-07-03, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jack_Savage
Did they ever explain how the girl was so fast? They said why she grew so fast, and everything, but did they just chock up superspeed to meteor rock?[/i]
Super growth=super fast? I just find it interesting how kryptonite affects everybody differently, but so far it has only made one person sick enough where they died (the shakes guy from season one). With all this radiation poisoning going around, I would think Smallville would be more like Death City than anything else.

I did like the set up that was suggested that she could become Flash! A female Flash! Hey, why not?

[i]And the preview for next week had clark in motorcycle, sunglasses, and lana crying, does this mean red kryptonight is back?
God, I hope not. Two red kryptonite episodes in a season is enough! When are we going to get to the episode where he meets a young Bruce Wayne?
Old 05-07-03, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by calhoun07
When are we going to get to the episode where he meets a young Bruce Wayne?
Bah.. forget Bruce Wayne.. let's have a visit from the Legion of Super Heroes. They can teach him more about himself, Krypton, show him how to unlock the secrets of his ship and plant the seed to the future where Clark becomes Superman.

Speaking about Bruce Wayne tho.. wasn't he supposed to have his own Smallville type show?
Old 05-07-03, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From my understanding, they nixed the idea of a Bruce Wayne training to become Batman show, in favor of Smallville.
Old 05-07-03, 04:25 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SiberianLlama
From my understanding, they nixed the idea of a Bruce Wayne training to become Batman show, in favor of Smallville.
Good, im glad. I hate when they have one good idea the whore it out and make thousands of copies.

Like they did when the btas show started, then everything else copied it, and they all were canceled. hmm wonder why.

and a female flash? thats a clone, and creepy? You think thats a good idea?

And if they throw in too many comic related heros things will start to seem a bit too unrealistic and the show quality will go down. Just work on the characters that exist but arent explored. Pete for one.

PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS PENIS
Old 05-07-03, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts
Originally posted by SiberianLlama
As far as Batman-spinoffs go...

Birds of Prey was proof that nobody wants 'em.
Old 05-07-03, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

BTW, does Clark have any clothes that aren't red or blue in his closet? He seems to be wearing more Superman colors lately.
Old 05-07-03, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What a terrible episode. What happened to this show? After a terrific season 1........ this season has been trash. The triangle of Clark, Lana, Chloe is the worst thing ive ever seen.
Old 05-07-03, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Lara Means
What a terrible episode. What happened to this show? After a terrific season 1........ this season has been trash. The triangle of Clark, Lana, Chloe is the worst thing ive ever seen.
I agree with the terrible episode comment, but I still feel season one had far more bad episodes overall. Especially the deer eating girl. Some of those FOTW episodes in season one just were excruciating to watch. Season two has had several solidly good episodes that have developed the characters, especially Clark and Lex. Sometimes I don't feel Chloe and Pete and Lana grow in the same way those two characters grow, however.
Old 05-07-03, 09:20 PM
Banned

The show is the same as its always been. Good.

I am kinda getting sick of the freak of the week krypotnite special gifts epsiodes. Also when will the characters be done with high school? Or will this be like that 70s show an have them in high school for 10 years.

Also i found/took these for next weeks.

And the season finale:

The horses are gonna get freaky.
Old 05-08-03, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ahhhhhh my eyes!!! now i have to forget what i just saw for next weeks up.

lol, i can't believe they had pete yelling during the horror film, that was hilarious. classic sterotype, but still funny. i swear some people get over sensitive about stuff like that. my friend wasn't bothered by crap like that he was just cracking up, he was like YEAH pete show your blackness for once and not being a "Karl Malone"

Damn, Lana sank like rock. i know, the fall was prety high and all, but there could'be at least been a struggle. have her like try to swim up and having the current be too strong for her to swim. i was like damn b*tch, you need to learn how to swim.
Old 05-08-03, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Excelesor
Damn, Lana sank like rock. i know, the fall was prety high and all, but there could'be at least been a struggle. have her like try to swim up and having the current be too strong for her to swim. i was like damn b*tch, you need to learn how to swim.
Maybe she was ready to give up. She had already gone thru the pain and trauma of losing a friend that saved her the first time she fell in the river. Her guilt about it was pretty apparant on the bridge with her. Maybe this time she was willing to die to atone for her mistake. Big reason why she said thank you to Clark.
Old 05-08-03, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by devilshalo
Maybe she was ready to give up. She had already gone thru the pain and trauma of losing a friend that saved her the first time she fell in the river. Her guilt about it was pretty apparant on the bridge with her. Maybe this time she was willing to die to atone for her mistake. Big reason why she said thank you to Clark.
"I told you that bitch was crazy!!": Chris Rock - Bigger & Blacker dvd
Old 05-08-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I say that Luther (Dad) is trying to develop cloning so he can clone Clark, which is how a "Bizarro" will get created.

If a human clone gets speed and has emotional problems, just think what a clone of Clark will be like.

This could also be a pre-curser to the "Camdus" (spelled wrong???) Project in the Superman Comics which Superboy (todays superboy) was made from.
Old 05-08-03, 12:42 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Iron_Giant
I say that Luther (Dad) is trying to develop cloning so he can clone Clark, which is how a "Bizarro" will get created.
I think your right. The spoiler for the season finale is that
Spoiler:
someone steals clarks blood sample.
tags added - Static

If u check kyrptosite.com it talks about it. If bizzaro superman shows up he has to be stupid and ugly. And paste white. Wow i think u nailed it on the head.

I doubt the superboy thing will happen, mostly because clark is still young.

They totally need to introduce some characters, or at least one, from the comics, give us something.

And they said that ja rel's voice will be on the show, and that it should be recognized by superman fans.

Any guesses?

Mines for james earl jones.
Old 05-08-03, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Jack_Savage
And they said that ja rel's voice will be on the show, and that it should be recognized by superman fans.

Any guesses?

Mines for james earl jones.
Jor El will make an appearance? Hmm.. maybe it'll be Marlon Brando?
Old 05-08-03, 04:31 PM

Uh-oh, better get a biger TV...ba da boom!
Old 05-08-03, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Maybe my cable had a hiccup because I have no memory of the Pete screaming during a movie.
Old 05-08-03, 11:51 PM

Originally posted by clemente
Maybe my cable had a hiccup because I have no memory of the Pete screaming during a movie.
It was right at the beginning, with the four of them sitting watching that old B&W scary movie!

Chris
Old 05-09-03, 10:49 AM
Banned

So why is pete even there? Just to fit the minority status?

Ive seen the boy on other shows, he can act, why would he waste his time if he gets 2 lines a show.
Old 05-09-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
BTW, I read in the Wash Post today that there is a possibility that Smallville will get moved to 8 pm Wednesday next season (filling Dawson's Creek spot).

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.