DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   good bad and ugly w/new scene's wide or full screen on amc? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/290697-good-bad-ugly-w-new-scenes-wide-full-screen-amc.html)

Rypro 525 05-06-03 02:48 PM

good bad and ugly w/new scene's wide or full screen on amc?

Does anybody know if amc will show "the good the bad and the ugly" with the new scene's in its original widescreen ratio of 2:35 on may 10, or will it be in full screen?

Dimension X 05-06-03 03:42 PM

The schedule on their site doesn't have a letterbox icon next to the title.

Do they ever show movies letterboxed?

mikehunt 05-06-03 07:48 PM

I saw something on amc letterboxed a while ago

Stats 05-06-03 08:59 PM

The DVD has a ton of deleted scenes, and my guess is that these were just put back into the AMC version. They're widescreen on the DVD. Some interesting, some not, nothing that drastically changed the movie, if I remember correctly.

JoeyOhhhh 05-07-03 09:22 AM

I was watching AMC last night and it had a commercial saying it was Widescreen, and added deleted scenes.

Rypro 525 05-07-03 02:16 PM

Its basiclly like the 177 min version of the film and all of the new scene's have been dubbed into english, and the film has been digitally remastered and remixed for 5.1 .

Damfino 05-07-03 02:52 PM

This is going to be the first time in over 2 years that I will be watching something on AMC.

It's my understanding that GB&U will be shown letterboxed and without commercials. I fear that pop-up banner ads will probably be included.

Steve Phillips 05-07-03 03:25 PM

Awww, you had to say that! I hadn't thought of pop ups! I hope not.

nazz 05-07-03 07:36 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Its basiclly like the 177 min version of the film and all of the new scene's have been dubbed into english, and the film has been digitally remastered and remixed for 5.1 .
I suppose it would be too much to think that you are referring to the AMC broadcast being in 5.1?

Rypro 525 05-07-03 08:12 PM

They are putting it in like 2 or 3 theaters remixed. The amc version will probably be in stereo.

nazz 05-07-03 08:29 PM

Oh, okay thanks. I'm getting spoiled with getting movies on HBO,etc that are being broadcast in 5.1.

I was watching Spiderman the other night in High Definition, Widescreen 5.1 and was amazed that a television broadcast could actually be better than the DVD.

mikehunt 05-10-03 07:32 PM

well, the amc logo is only in the normal letterbox caused black bar so that's not bad
but the audio is off. feels like a Godzilla movie if you watch the people's lips at points they're off from the audio

Rypro 525 05-10-03 07:38 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
well, the amc logo is only in the normal letterbox caused black bar so that's not bad
but the audio is off. feels like a Godzilla movie if you watch the people's lips at points they're off from the audio

The voices, arent off? If you are talking about the dub, they have always been off. Since these movies were filmed without sound so they could be distributed easier. Clint and company supplied their own voice.

mikehunt 05-10-03 07:46 PM

it was originally dubbed?

Rypro 525 05-10-03 07:53 PM

Originally posted by mikehunt
it was originally dubbed?
They didn't film it with sound. Thats why the original deleted scenes on the dvd are all dubbed in Italian.

whotony 05-10-03 08:31 PM

true, and one of the worstly(ugh) dubbed movies ever.

cracksky 05-11-03 05:47 PM

BTW, only the initial airing (at 8:00PM EST on 10May03) was in widescreen and without commercial interruption. All subsequent times will be with the breaks and possibly full-screen.

AMC put up several hundred thousand dollars for this restoration which included bringing in Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and a voice actor to double for the late Lee Van Cleef to dub their own lines for the new scenes which had only been dubbed in Italian previously. It's not perfect but it's nice to finally have this extra footage in English.

Look for the DVD in 2004.