Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Six Feet Under - 5.4.03...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-03, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh, also loved Russell's meltdown in class. That was funny stuff.
Old 05-05-03, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess I'm of a different mindset in regards to Lisa's fate.

I took the scene with her gazing out at the ocean as a sign that she was finally at peace with the things that had been tormenting her. Not at peace because she was about to end it all, rather, at peace with what she and Nate had decided and was ready to move forward and enjoy life with Nate and Maya. No more worries.

IMO, there is no way she leaves to do this and doesn't say goodbye to her child. Suicide is a selfish act so she needn't be worried about upsetting Maya (her reason for not having a prolonged goodbye with her) befor departing.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong but it just doesn't add up. Not at this point. Two episodes ago ... maybe. I'm not doubting she's gone, I just do not believe it was a suicide.

As for the rest of the cast, way too many train wrecks to focus on just one anymore I'm just wondering how they could possibly address them all in three hours.

Last edited by indianajdp; 05-05-03 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-06-03, 01:21 AM
Registered

My 2 cents:

I think Lisa has left. Taken off, vanished without a trace. Remember the episode is called 'Everybody Leaves'. To me that's a pretty big hint. and if you look at the episode:

- David left Kieth (at least he went off on his own) while they aren't officially splits I think him leaving on the bus was a forshadow of the end
- Ruth left Arthur
- Brenda left her brother
- Claire left Russel
- Lisa left Nate .... Fits in to that pretty easily. I guess the question is... is she gone or is she dead.

Spoiler:
the trailer for the 'last three episodes leads you to believe that she may be dead, but SFU trailers are historically mantipulative so I think they're trying to create that impression

Funny when you look at it, as it's the girl (and I'd argue that David fits in to that space from a relationship physics point of view) did the leaving of the guys...

All in all a good episode, but I'm sad that there are only 3 more episodes this season
Old 05-06-03, 06:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well if we're reading things into the title, next week's is a doozy.

Spoiler:
Death Works Overtime
Old 05-06-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This may be speculative, but I did notice that Lili Taylor (plays Lisa) is still listed as a guest star in the opening credits. So is it safe to assume that the character isn't intended on staying too long?
Old 05-06-03, 07:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by jon-w9
This may be speculative, but I did notice that Lili Taylor (plays Lisa) is still listed as a guest star in the opening credits. So is it safe to assume that the character isn't intended on staying too long?
I don't know if I would read into that too much. Lorne on Angel was a guest-star for a long time before finally being added to the opening sequence this season.

But, you could very well be correct.
Old 05-06-03, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's been said in interviews before that Lili Taylor was never meant to be anything other than a guest star. I guess you could call her a "semi-regular" cast member.
Old 05-06-03, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Chew
I don't know if I would read into that too much. Lorne on Angel was a guest-star for a long time before finally being added to the opening sequence this season.

But, you could very well be correct.
Ben Foster (Russell) is in the opening credit sequence...

so...

do what you will with that.
Old 05-07-03, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A theory about Arthur ...

First off, no, I haven't downloaded any future episodes -- don't even know where to find them -- so this is pure speculation:

Spoiler:
Something bugged me about his response to Ruth asking if he's ever had sex. "I believe so ... in a sense ..." (IIRC). So here's my theory: Arthur's having sex with the corpses. This would fit rather well with his personality. It could also explain why he likes Ruth, who's getting older and closer to, well, you know.
Old 05-07-03, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts
Re: A theory about Arthur ...

Originally posted by kenny79
First off, no, I haven't downloaded any future episodes -- don't even know where to find them -- so this is pure speculation:

Spoiler:
Something bugged me about his response to Ruth asking if he's ever had sex. "I believe so ... in a sense ..." (IIRC). So here's my theory: Arthur's having sex with the corpses. This would fit rather well with his personality. It could also explain why he likes Ruth, who's getting older and closer to, well, you know.

that is sick, I can't see this show following this plot line. I'll admit it makes sense in the context but it's a little too out there even though I know this stuff happens in real life...

As to you last point ::
Old 05-07-03, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

When he said "in a sense", I thought he was talking about masturbation.