DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Alias -- SEASON FINALE -- "Second Double: & "the Telling" -- 05.03.2003 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/290092-alias-season-finale-second-double-telling-05-03-2003-a.html)

Rogue588 05-03-03 10:28 AM

Alias -- SEASON FINALE -- "Second Double: & "the Telling" -- 05.03.2003

<CENTER>http://abc.abcnews.go.com/primetime/...iasEmail01.jpg</center>

Static Cling 05-03-03 11:18 AM

Holy cow, I forgot this was tomorrow. YASE!

das Monkey 05-03-03 12:06 PM

I love the promotion for this show so much, you won't understand ... UNTIL IT'S TOO LATE!!!!

The final two seconds of this post are so shocking ... you'll be talking about it all summer!!!

das

Spoiler:
Static Cling ... I'm your father

Rypro 525 05-03-03 01:02 PM

Its actually 1 whole episode, they might split it up into 2 when the show goes into syndication, but its all one story.
Rated TV-14-LVS

movieking 05-03-03 01:54 PM

Any guesses about the big surprise? I think that Vaughn is going to be revealed to be in cohorts with Sloane...

RichardW 05-03-03 04:39 PM

My wife's guess is that Irina will reveal to Sydney that Sloane is her real father.

adamblast 05-03-03 04:45 PM

They just think they've been working for the CIA. It's really SPECTRE. Or KAOS. On the bright side, next year they all get new offices again.

Dr. DVD 05-04-03 10:15 AM

I think it will be revealed that Sydney is in her own little fantasy world as a result of being all doped up in the pilot and has been vegetating ever since. ;)

movielib 05-04-03 12:04 PM

Originally posted by movieking
Any guesses about the big surprise? I think that Vaughn is going to be revealed to be in cohorts with Sloane...
Or they're cohorts in cahoots... :)

Dr. DVD 05-04-03 12:27 PM

Originally posted by movielib
Or they're cohorts in cahoots... :)
Or cohorts in cahoots with evil colleagues!

movieking 05-04-03 01:43 PM

It has been speculated for quite a while about Sark and Sidney being siblings, or that Sloane is Sidney's father, so it is going to be interesting to see if either turns out to be true (and revealed tonight)...

B.A. 05-04-03 02:28 PM

I think Sloane will discover that Rambaldi was his ancestor and that he is fulfilling his destiny. And he will change his name from "Arvin Sloane" to "Arvin Rambaldi"!!!

Rypro 525 05-04-03 04:19 PM

Here is the plot according to tvguide.com

The spy drama ends its second season with a two-hour tale of lives---and loyalties---in jeopardy.

Framed by the machinations of Francie's evil double, Will becomes a hunted man after the CIA targets him as a traitor. Syd is the only one who can prove otherwise, but Will's situation goes from bad to worse when Vaughn uncovers evidence that makes Miss Bristow doubt her fugitive friend's innocence. Meanwhile, Jack comes face-to-face with a “new” Sloane, who makes his old ally an unsettling offer; and Irina (Lena Olin) lures her daughter into a secret meeting that could lead to a major revelation...or an execution. Carrie: Amanda Foreman. (

Bandoman 05-04-03 07:30 PM

If we have to go all summer wondering "who shot Sydney" or some such nonsense I'll be pissed.

RolloTomasi 05-04-03 09:55 PM

oh my god

Patman 05-04-03 09:56 PM

Yes, what in the hell just happened!

kantonburg 05-04-03 09:56 PM

Spoiler:
I think the Rambaldi (sp?) device made her disappear for those 2 years

On a side note: The fight scene with Syd and robo Francie was terrible. It just seems so slow.

Ranger 05-04-03 09:57 PM

iNTERESTING EPISODE!

<SMALL>PLEASE EXPLAIN! i so did not get the ending</SMALL>

Chopper 05-04-03 09:58 PM

What the hell???

Patman 05-04-03 09:59 PM

Actually, that is not so bad an idea.

Spoiler:

Irina said that Sydney and Sloane were the two main players when it came to the prophecy. Well, I think Sloane used the Rambaldi "The Telling" device on Sydney, and somehow she got thrown ahead 2 years somehow.

kevin75 05-04-03 09:59 PM

wow. :jawdrop: i am eagerly awaiting the explanation of this one.

kantonburg 05-04-03 10:04 PM

The only thing I don't like is how cliche Vaughn:

Spoiler:
Got married to another woman

oops

lisadoris 05-04-03 10:04 PM

THAT SO ISN'T FAIR!!!!! People can say what they want but there's no way anyone saw that coming

Spoiler:
I thought for sure Will was going to bite the big one but apparently he's still breathing. The ending was a perfect set up for next season - you have to spend a great deal of time figuring out what's happened the last two years and what happened to Sydney during that time. My question is, how did Sloan extract Sydney? Francie was dead and it didn't seem like she had enough time to get a call into Sloan. Ugh!

SiberianLlama 05-04-03 10:05 PM

Weird episode, but I have two major problems:

Spoiler:
If you were a secret double-ganger or whatever, would you keep the medicine that could prove you were an imposter in a correctly labelled medicine bottle, in plain sight? Also, I don't care what kind of agent Fake Francie is, there is no way that she could physically over power Will. He's got to be a good 50 lbs heavier than her and in a contest of strength, he would win, hands down.

Other than that, I'm at a complete loss as to how I feel about the finale...

Darq 05-04-03 10:06 PM

hmm..i don't know if i liked that ending or not.

"A surprise so big, you won't see it coming"

Give me a break. How could ANYONE see that coming?