DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor 5/8/03 Who will get voted off (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/289930-survivor-5-8-03-who-will-get-voted-off.html)

csim 05-02-03 11:59 AM

Survivor 5/8/03 Who will get voted off

It look life Butch will be gone next week. Since Rob knows he can not beat him in the Final 2. Then Matt after that. Which the final 3 will be Robb and the Silicone twins. I do not think there allience will hold up there. Im mean would you give up 500,000 after taxes, for chance to win. Hell no. You got to bring Rob to the final 2 with you, where you got a better chance to beat him.

Also i thought the final episode was live. How can that one person claim he knows who is going to win. Since they have not counted up the final votes yet. And im sure the votes are locked away some place safe.

Red Dog 05-02-03 12:03 PM

Who knows.? Butch is the logical selection, but maybe Rob, Jenna, Heidi stick together and vote off Matt (if he doesn't win immunity) for fear that he could take the 2 subsequent IC's.

Struz 05-02-03 12:10 PM

Re: Survivor 5/8/03 Who will get voted off

Originally posted by csim
It look life Butch will be gone next week. Since Rob knows he can not beat him in the Final 2. Then Matt after that. Which the final 3 will be Robb and the Silicone twins. I do not think there allience will hold up there. Im mean would you give up 500,000 after taxes, for chance to win. Hell no. You got to bring Rob to the final 2 with you, where you got a better chance to beat him.

You're assuming Matt will loose the immunity challenge.
Not likely. if it's in the least bit physical.

If Butch and Matt loose immunity next week, R, H & J will vote Matt off because he is the only physical threat.

If Matt wins immunity then they will vote off Butch because none of them can win against Butch in the final 2.

If it's Rob & Heidi or Rob & Jenna in the final 2, I would vote for Rob. He worked hard to get there where as the other 2 did absolutely nothing (like Vecepia).

I'm rooting for Butch & Matt in the final 2.

Dimension X 05-02-03 01:39 PM

I voted for Butch (but I was wrong last week, and I'll probably be wrong this week too).

The two girls will stick together, Matt appears to be sticking with Rob (but Rob no longer wants to go against Matt in the final two), and Butch is out of the loop, so it would seem that Butch or Matt are the most likely to go next (depending on who wins immunity).

madcougar 05-03-03 11:42 PM

Yeah, Matt kinda srewed up by voting Christy off. It seems like a logical choice that he go next if he doesn't win immunity. After his generous act last week, you would want this guy next to you at the end.

icondude 05-05-03 09:15 AM

Either Butch or one of the "sticks & twigs" has to go. Gotaa get rid of the mini-alliance of "sticks & twigs".

csim 05-05-03 11:22 AM

hurry up and vote before the pole closes/ you can not vote on thursday.

RandyC 05-05-03 11:53 AM

Cristie stupidly showed her hand to Rob and was gone. Rob controls the game now unless the rest of them gang together, which I do not see happening (but a small possibility).

Rob knows his biggest threat is Matt. He also has to be looking at who can win in the final two. I think too muhc emphasis is on who is liked. Past episodes have shown that most of the jury (maybe well coached?) has voted who has played the best. Matt has played the game well physically. Rob has played extremely well as far as tactics.

Jenna has not played at all. She clung to Alex and in the last episode did nothing but sulk. Heidi has played a small amount, but petulance is not a great strategy. Butch has not played the game, he is your non-threat nice guy.

Rob has to see that his best chance is with Jenna as he mentioned last week. Jenna will not win on personality ("my stunning looks are such a handicap"); contribution; or how she played the game. The easy thing for him is to align with Jenna and Heidi and vote off Butch or Matt, depending on who wins immunity. Then vote the other off the next vote. When it gets down to the final 3, Heidi is next, plus he has a VERY good chance of winning immunity. If he did not, he would probably be gone and it's Heidi and Jenna in the final 2.

The one clinker in this, is if Matt can win immunity twice. They vote off Butch, but then the Skeletor Twins and Rob would have to vote off one of their trinity. Matt could very easily shift the alliance and Rob is now gone.

Red Dog 05-05-03 11:58 AM

Funny you bring up Jenna mentioning how her looks are a handicap. Elizabeth and Amber (from Survivor: Australia) are so much hotter than she is and I don't recall their beauty being a handicap or reason for their rejection. Jenna is the same girl who said that she would definitely be using her looks to her advantage at the start.

The more I think I about her, the more I hate her - even moreso than Skelator now.

Struz 05-05-03 01:32 PM

I've hated both skanks since day 1.

:)

outcastja 05-06-03 01:58 AM

Anybody catch Christy on Letterman, she kept bashing Robb and her wicked step sisters. Good times.

db27 05-06-03 10:00 AM

Originally posted by Struz
I've hated both skanks since day 1.

:)

:thumbsup:

I second that.

csim 05-06-03 11:58 AM

She was not that mad at rob, but she was pissed off at the two girls. So if that one of the two girls are in the final two I got money saying she will not vote for them to win.

Joeboo835 05-06-03 12:03 PM

Its pretty simple.

Matt wins immunity and they vote off Butch. After that, matt wins immunity again, so the girls boot Rob off. Matt wins for a third time in a row and votes to keep Jenna and boot Heidi. Jenna wins.

Why? Because I have Butch, Heidi and Matt in my pool (winner gets $80) and none of them will win because i'm not lucky enough and Rob will never win this thing because he won't get votes if he gets to the final 2.

nazz 05-06-03 02:42 PM

Originally posted by Joeboo835

Why? Because I have Butch, Heidi and Matt in my pool

Be careful .... Butch pees in the pool when he drinks wine.

csim 05-08-03 01:01 PM

voting over it look like most of the people voted for butch.

kcdny 05-08-03 05:06 PM

I will go out on a limb and say HEIDI will get voted off tonight.

Patman 05-08-03 08:10 PM

Well, the newest member of the jury is:

Spoiler:
Heidi who basically fell on the sword for Jenna with her comments at Tribal council, or just got all delusional.

Well, with the final four in place,

Spoiler:
Jenna's only chance is to win immunity, or she's a goner. If she does win immunity, I think Butch will get the boot. I'd bet the next immunity challenge will be "Fallen Comrades", and the final 3 immunity challenge might go the way of some endurance/balance challenge, but you never know.

mcbg1 05-08-03 08:14 PM

Spoiler:
Damn Heidi is stupid ! Jenna would have been gone by now if Heidi hadn't talked about how she was the mastermind and that all the guys were scared of her...

Patman 05-08-03 08:16 PM

Gotta love the lazy ladies of Survivor: Amazon. Sheesh!

das Monkey 05-08-03 08:46 PM

:lol:

Skeletor is the "mastermind" ...

"2 girls ... 1 brain ... divide by 2 ... only 1 half-wit left"

das

B.A. 05-08-03 09:38 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey
:lol:

Skeletor is the "mastermind" ...

"2 girls ... 1 brain ... divide by 2 ... only 1 half-wit left"

das

Rob is freakin' hilarious! The look on the guys' faces after Heidi claimed to be the mastermind behind half the plots was classic, it looked like they were all thinking "who the **** is she?".

Even though I think Rob deserves to win, I want Matthew to win. He is a badass and I think he has more going on up there than people give him credit for...sometimes.

atlantamoi 05-08-03 09:45 PM

Heidi wasn't booted for her comments at the trial. She was already gone before they set foot in the voting area.

Patman 05-08-03 10:00 PM

Of course, but still, what was Heidi thinking?

B.A. 05-08-03 10:02 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Of course, but still, what was Heidi thinking?
I'm still wondering what she was thinking a few weeks ago when she said that she brings many talents to the game, particularly her brains and athletic ability. She may be one of the most deluded individuals this show has ever cast.