DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Friends 05/01/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/289642-friends-05-01-03-a.html)

Chew 05-01-03 07:22 AM

Friends 05/01/03

Edited to remove incorrect episode summary.

Ehhh, you've seen it by now anyways ;)

huzefa 05-01-03 08:42 AM

Haven't seen the show yet, but if the spoiler is right, that is the stupidest plot twist ever.

kevin75 05-01-03 05:21 PM

i may tune in, but probably not. unfortunately, this show hasn't impressed me much for awhile.

bigjim25 05-01-03 08:20 PM

I think you posted next week's episode. :D
Here's the one I watched tonight. ;)
The One With the Fertility Test:

Spoiler:
Rachel runs into a familiar face during her free massage from one of Phoebe's corporate-chain foes, while the Bings try to run away from a frightening face (Janice) at their doctor's office. Meanwhile, Ross tutors Joey on the ways to win over a brainiac like Charlie (Aisha Tyler), who may have her mind set on another man.

Chew 05-01-03 08:52 PM

Well crap!! :blush:

I thought I paid close attention to the date I was copying when I went to NBCs site.

I'll just be editing the above so no one accidentally reads the spoiler for next week.

the narrator 05-01-03 09:10 PM

nothing special tonight..the pheobe and rachel parts were terrible..how many weeks without the baby has this been now?..they don't even mention it anymore

SuperJim88 05-01-03 10:50 PM

The baby would only drag the whole show down......

Wait a minute, what am I saying? :hscratch: This show has hit rock bottom for months now, there is nowhere to go but up.

Though Rachel on the massage table was YOAAAA ZAAAAAA......... Makes me want to be a masseur.

MrX 05-01-03 10:54 PM

Meh.

You'd could see the Phoebe part coming and as soon as Chandler said no one here knows us I figuredJanice was going to show up.

The Joey stuff was somewhat funny.

PhYbEr 05-01-03 11:43 PM

The best line of the show "The Mets Suck!" :)

Charlie Goose 05-01-03 11:51 PM

Originally posted by PhYbEr
The best line of the show "The Mets Suck!" :)
Eek, a Braves fan! -ptth-

What was the very final scene of the show? It didn't record after the tender moment of Monica & Chandler.

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

MrX 05-02-03 12:03 AM

At the massage parlor with Phoebe getting Rachel again and walking into the room using a different accent.

Morf 05-02-03 08:05 AM

"It must mean you're going to get eaten by a bear."

:lol:

spoon81 05-02-03 08:21 AM

Is it just me or has Friends become the most predictable sitcom on television? There was a couple of OK laughs (Joey and his two belts), but man, you could see all that stuff coming from miles away.

resinrats 05-02-03 09:07 AM

Friends seems like everyones favorite show to bash. Well, it is still one of the top rates shows so obviously, many people still love it.

tofu 05-02-03 10:03 AM

Ugh. That was a bad episode. I keep thinking that the new Charlie character would be so much better if they made her more of a smart ass like how Aisha Taylor really is. I remember seeing her on Talk Soup sometimes and she was really funny. In this show, she's just a body and IMO this Charlie could have been played by basically anybody.

huzefa 05-02-03 10:07 AM

Originally posted by resinrats
Friends seems like everyones favorite show to bash. Well, it is still one of the top rates shows so obviously, many people still love it.
I don't think people really 'love' it anymore. It's just that we've been watching it for so long, we just don't want to stop now. Even if it's a bad show, we're addicted now.

nightwing82 05-02-03 12:16 PM

Oh stop making excuses.

It is the #1 comedy because it is the #1 comedy :)

The Antipodean 05-02-03 12:25 PM

Hey, it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick! :D

Groucho 05-02-03 12:25 PM

I hate it when they try to do drama. Make me laugh, clowns! You're here to amuse me!

Geofferson 05-02-03 03:27 PM

Decent episode.

Still, even the average episodes of Friends are better than 99% of all other comedies out there.

Deftones 05-02-03 08:48 PM

Does anyone else feel that Jennifer Aniston was just "phoning it in" on this episode? She didn't even seem to care what she was saying or how she was saying it. As usual, the Joey/Ross stuff was the best. I think they would be the best candidates for a spin-off show.

movieking 05-02-03 09:33 PM

Didn't like the ep either. Looks like we are going to get weeks of sappy tender moments between Monica and Chandler now trying to have a baby (and not the old fashion way, if you read the spoiler for next week that was inadvertently posted)...

atari2600 05-12-03 08:54 PM

wow, im so glad that i get to enjoy friends alot still (unlike most people here) and find it funnier than almost every other show out there. apparently too many people are looking for a deep story line or intelligent plot twists or gag jokes or too much - its friends! just a fun, sit down and enjoy, silly, cute comedy! appreciate it for what it is. it wont be around in 2 years. and its 10000 times funnier than the first 5 seasons. it gets better.

Michael Corvin 05-13-03 02:09 AM

Originally posted by Geofferson
Decent episode.

Still, even the average episodes of Friends are better than 99% of all other comedies out there.

:up: EXACTLY!

After watching the first 3 seasons on DVD and catching new ones on Thurs. there is a night/day difference in the comedy and amount of jokes. In the old ones it is a laugh from beginning to end. Nowadays it is plotlines that are funny. Ross' plot may be funny this week but Monica/Chandler are a snooze.(etc.) It isn't very creative anymore. But still funnier than most of the dreck on tv.