Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 04/29/03 (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-03, 10:33 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
They found out about it and removed it later on from the coral snake member that survived.
Old 05-01-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by edstein
I can't wait to see the look on Palmer's face when he finds out that Sherrie is the one who masterminded this conspiracy. Let the Bitch Slapping commence.
Oh, baby! That'll be like a learning session for us wanna-be bitch-slappers.
Old 05-01-03, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was trying to remember last night and couldn't, what ended up happening to Nina? Did they just lock her back up?
Old 05-01-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by hectorwen
great ep but...

how is it that g.w.bush's cabinet has more minorities than president palmer's cabinent? palmer doesn't know any qualified black people?

Maybe the same way Bush appoints a lot to not look racist, Palmer doesn't appoint many to not look favoritist.

how is a delay in attacking going to cause tens of thousands of american soldier's lives if all they are doing is dropping bombs from the air (i.e., no ground invasion force)?

Presumably, the unnamed countries are not weak targets like Iraq, but countries with considerable air forces and defenses, which would make air strikes far less effective and demand ground invasions.
Old 05-01-03, 12:09 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Originally posted by Snowmaker
I was trying to remember last night and couldn't, what ended up happening to Nina? Did they just lock her back up?
Palmer pardon her for past her crimes, and for the murder of Bauer, which she didn't get arround to committing. I wonder if she's still going to try to cash in on that this season, or whether it will be left for next season.
Old 05-01-03, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Bandoman
Palmer pardon her for past her crimes, and for the murder of Bauer, which she didn't get arround to committing. I wonder if she's still going to try to cash in on that this season, or whether it will be left for next season.
I thought she died when they shot her in the desert... maybe not though, I don't think it was ever explained.
Old 05-01-03, 03:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts
Originally posted by Icculus
I thought she died when they shot her in the desert... maybe not though, I don't think it was ever explained.
No, Jack handed her over to CTU custody and hopped on a helecopter somewhere else.

Can we please give Dennis Haysbert an Emmy right now? What a terrific performance; he's so intense. I don't think I've ever seena better performance by anyone playing the President.
"I'm the President of the United States. You don't call me by my first name!"
Great episode all around (even with the brief appearance by Kim). Glad to see that things are heating up as we head towards the home stretch.
Old 05-01-03, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

surely nina will be back somehow before the end of the season?
Old 05-02-03, 02:42 PM
toq

Originally posted by breaux124
I forget, where did they originally get this recording?
The fake recording was retrieved from Syed Ali's residence with cooperation from Yusef (and the foreign government he represents). From what has been shown, Wallace, the last member of the Coral Snake military team, was the only person that has confirmed the recording was fabricated although we haven't been able to corroborate this yet.
Remember in the beginning Sherry and Stanton were working together, but on what?
Depending on which camp you're in, either Sherry is part of the conspiracy (which seemed to be the case at first blush) or she's playing alongside the conspirators to get the inside track to the "real truth" (as she claiimed before the President summarily dismissed her earlier).
Old 05-03-03, 02:42 PM
Cool New Member

Best. Show. Ever.

Yes, there have been a few lax episodes, and the Kim stories are pretty ridiculous, but still.

Anyhow, our badass hero Jack comes face to face with a (hopefully) evil Sherry Palmer next episode. I can hardly wait. Maybe there'll be a little torture involved.
Old 05-04-03, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What I can't understand is during Palmer's "trial" why is there video footage of the guy being tortured and Palmer coming in asking questions then telling the guy to continue the torture.

I doubt anything like that would ever be caught on camera.
Old 05-04-03, 04:36 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Originally posted by kantonburg
What I can't understand is during Palmer's "trial" why is there video footage of the guy being tortured and Palmer coming in asking questions then telling the guy to continue the torture.

I doubt anything like that would ever be caught on camera.
Wasn't Palmer watching Stanton being tortured on a screen in his office? I'm pretty sure their were camers in there.
Old 05-04-03, 04:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
He was. Somebody on the staff erased the part about Stanton confessing about the bomb.
Old 05-04-03, 09:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MrX
Wasn't Palmer watching Stanton being tortured on a screen in his office? I'm pretty sure their were camers in there.
Sure but actually taped?