DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Third Watch - Season 4 Finale - 4/28/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/289122-third-watch-season-4-finale-4-28-03-a.html)

B.A. 04-28-03 09:47 PM

Third Watch - Season 4 Finale - 4/28/03

I can't believe how amazing this episode was. I don't know how many of you watch this show, but it is one of my favorites and I recommend it to everyone (the reruns are on A&E every night at 11 pm and 3 am eastern).

Tonight's finale was the last of Tom Berenger's four-story arc - I thought he did a good job as the meth-addicted writer, Aaron Noble. Bosco and Faith face off against Cruz in regards to the truth and leave us w/ another major cliffhanger over the summer just like last season. I am sorry but Cruz (Tia Texada) is just creepy looking. They try to make her character sexy, but it doesn't work - her face is not right. I am also sick of her character so I hope they get rid of her as soon as the season starts -
Spoiler:
they ended the show w/ Bosco, Faith and Cruz in a stand-off over Noble's murder weapon - shots were fired and the credits rolled.

One thing about tonight's show that really ticked me off was that they
Spoiler:
killed off Amy Carlson's character, Alex Taylor - the cute blonde firewoman/paramedic.
, one of my characters on the show. By doing that, both of my favorite characters since I began watching this show (in the second season) have been killed off (the other was Bobby Cannavale as the paramedic Bobby Caffey in season 2).
Spoiler:
It also looks like Michael Beach, "Doc", might be leaving the program, since his character is affected by Alex's death and he decides to take the promotion to Lieutenant and go downtown. Another major bummer.

I thought tonight's episode rounded out the season nicely, though on a very depressing note. But the show also manages to provide us w/ a great cliffhanger over the summer. Now we have to wait several months for the resolution.

OldDude 04-29-03 07:59 AM

Third Watch doesn't seem to have a big fan base here, but I like it. Lot of loose ends for next season.

In terms of contracts, lots of opportunity for a big cast clearing, too.

B.A. 04-29-03 09:11 AM

Originally posted by OldDude
Third Watch doesn't seem to have a big fan base here, but I like it. Lot of loose ends for next season.
I can't believe that more people don't watch this - it definitely doesn't get the credit it deserves. It is far and away better than a lot of the crap shown on the tube.

[B}In terms of contracts, lots of opportunity for a big cast clearing, too. [/B]
It definitely seems like they are going to get rid of a few characters - the only one I want to see go is the one they just added - Tia Texada. I really don't want to Michael Beach leave, but we don't have a choice in regards to Amy Carlson - they made up their minds on that one last night.

Has anyone heard any casting rumors w/ respect to the Third Watch?

renaldow 04-29-03 09:34 AM

Yeah, I can't believe this show is so underrated, it's one of the best things on TV.

Good cliffhanger. I think Texada will be gone. She'll be back next season, but after last night's episode I don't think she'll be a cop much longer. After they clean up that storyline I think she'll be gone for good (I hope, can't stand her.) Of course, if she's dead then that won't be a problem.

I bet Tom Berenger will be around a bit at the beginning of next season too, or at least somewhere down the line. I think he's really the head meth guy they're after. When Texada called Berenger during the car chase he seemed genuinely surprised that they were chasing someone after going to the address he gave them. There were other clues dropped in previous episodes too.

Good cliffhanger with the 3 shots. My theory on the 3: Bosco shoots Texada's hand, Texada's shot goes astray because of it, and Yokas shoots Texada.

Mourn 04-29-03 12:35 PM

Damn, i meant to watch this but i was out.

I was wondering who got killed, thanks.

dglaser6 04-29-03 01:33 PM

I also am a fan of the show, so it was nice to see a thread devoted to it this week.

It's sad to see amy leave, but i'm still thinking about it today, so it did make for good television.

And Sarge is definitely gone next year (either dead or in jail).

the aftermath 04-29-03 01:58 PM

I'm a fan of the show as well, but I've never been good with keeping up with TV series for the most part. I havent seen an episiode in a a couple months now. Looks like I need Tivo.

valkyrie 04-30-03 01:11 AM

Damn fine episode. The part with Alex left me breathless. Even though you saw it coming for minutes...damn.

Love this show...