Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Justice League dvds. Are they being released in ep order?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-03, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,803 Likes on 1,126 Posts

If so, good. If not, then why didn't they just do a 1st season boxset?
Old 04-29-03, 06:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like they're coming out in order.

Why they're not doing a full-season boxset is a mystery.

Crappy-crappersons! According to the website I just checked the episode listing, it stated a new two part episode was on March 1 and March 8! And I missed it!

A League of Their Own

A cosmic super-string strikes the JLA Watchtower and Batman calls on Static to charge the damaged power core. The League helps Static against Puff and her new gang and then bring him and Gear up to the Watchtower. When the League are called away on an emergency, Gear and Static are left behind as a freed Brainiac unleashes havoc and plans to assimilate Earth. Gear gets off a signal to the Leaguers and they create a distraction while Static redrains the energy from the core. Gear fills up Brainiac's memory with a soundtrack, giving Static time to complete the plan. They succeed, unaware Brainiac downloaded himself into Gear's backpack. Brainiac launches an attack on Gear....
Old 04-29-03, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Nothing in the episode guide at Cartoon Network on that episode, Chew. They show JL every weeknight at 10 so if it was previously aired, it should find its way in the rotation soon. I actually missed The Savage Time whenever it first aired but it will be on May 20-22 at 10 pm.
Old 04-29-03, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was listed under the Justice League episode guide, but cross-referenced under Static. Maybe it was just the Static episode I remember hearing about guest-starring Batman?
Old 04-29-03, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Upon further review, it looks like that was just a Static episode. But check out the guest-voices: Kevin Conroy (Batman) Carl Lumbly (Martian Manhunter) Phil LaMarr (Green Lantern) Maria Canals (Hawkgirl) Michael Rosenbaum (Flash) Danny Cooksey (Hot Streak) Corey Burton (Braniac) Kimberly Brooks (Puff) Jason Marsden (Camen dillo)

Semper said he pushed for the idea that the episode teaser begin like a Justice League episode, with no hint of Static. He wanted it to make it look like they were showing Justice League instead of Static Shock to mess with peoples heads.
Link

And you may now return to your regularly scheduled topic
Old 04-29-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I want a boxset. Animation gets no respect
Old 04-30-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Unless it's Japanese animation or animation geared towards adults (like Simpsons and Futurama, or rereleases like Transformers), I agree with you Giantrobo that animation doesn't get respect. Then again, even Justice League is geared more towards children, and they're not going to shell out all that money for the boxset.

I do wish they got rid of those cardboard boxes, at least...
Old 04-30-03, 12:38 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll take all the individual releases and package them together down the line.
Old 04-30-03, 06:10 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by fujishig
Unless it's Japanese animation or animation geared towards adults (like Simpsons and Futurama, or rereleases like Transformers), I agree with you Giantrobo that animation doesn't get respect. Then again, even Justice League is geared more towards children, and they're not going to shell out all that money for the boxset.

I do wish they got rid of those cardboard boxes, at least...
Yeah but anyone can tell -ADULTS- are into Animation as much, if not more, than the kids it's geared towards.
Old 04-30-03, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The upcoming Justice League DVD is set for this Summer. It includes episodes Paradise Lost and War Waorld. No idea if other episodes will be released later this year but I just have news of a new upcoming Justice League episode "Twilight" set for July.