DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Csi 04/24/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/288169-csi-04-24-03-a.html)

Chew 04-24-03 06:48 AM

Csi 04/24/03

Episode: Last Laugh

Spoiler:
Grissom and Catherine will reportedly investigate the death of a comedian, who collapses in the middle of his act. In the B-plot, Nick and Sara try to establish what killed a woman found dead in her bath tub.

Geofferson 04-24-03 09:52 AM

I'll be watching. :up:

Goldberg74 04-24-03 01:30 PM

Me too... :up:

Is there anything else on? ;)

Goldberg74 04-24-03 08:38 PM

Gilbert Godfried, Bobcat Golthwaite... good cameos...

"If she grabs you, use your freehand and hold her down. Okay?" lol

Deftones 04-24-03 11:06 PM

"Death by chocolate again?" :lol:

Some good cameos. Let's see, I saw Geoffry Ross, Bobcat Golthwait, Gilbert Gottfried, "Janice" from Friends, and the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. Weird to see Bobcat and Gilbert using their "normal" voices.

MrX 04-24-03 11:12 PM

I thought this ep was better then the past few.

It was weird seeing those guys on a noncomedy show.

Patman 04-25-03 07:33 AM

WTF happened to Bobcat? Old and emaciated is how he looked.

Red Dog 04-25-03 07:53 AM

Originally posted by Deftones
"Death by chocolate again?" :lol:

Some good cameos. Let's see, I saw Geoffry Ross, Bobcat Golthwait, Gilbert Gottfried, "Janice" from Friends, and the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. Weird to see Bobcat and Gilbert using their "normal" voices.

That was a great line. Yeah - I immediately recognized the Soup Nazi.

I was half drunk when I watched this but how did the Bobcat character spike the water bottle that killed the kid in the Kwik-E-Mart? I know they said he did it to throw them off the trail.

Red Dog 04-25-03 07:54 AM

Originally posted by Patman
WTF happened to Bobcat? Old and emaciated is how he looked.

Yeah but he gets to bang Nikki Cox every night.

Patman 04-25-03 09:17 AM

Maybe Bobcat is getting humed to death by Nikki on a nightly basis...

Anyone else notice Leslie Bega (the girl on The Sopranos that had Tony into horseracing)?

Red Dog 04-25-03 09:18 AM

I'd also love to know who that one no-name CSI was. I'm talking about when Greg was in the room discussing the tampering case with 3 or 4 no-name CSIs. That one brunette was stunning.

Red Dog 04-25-03 09:20 AM

Originally posted by Patman

Anyone else notice Leslie Bega (the girl on The Sopranos that had Tony into horseracing)?

Okay - you just answered the question I just posed. Yeah - she was Valentina in Sopranos. I knew I recognized her from somewhere. She is absolutely gorgeous.

Dimension X 04-25-03 09:30 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
That was a great line. Yeah - I immediately recognized the Soup Nazi.

I was half drunk when I watched this but how did the Bobcat character spike the water bottle that killed the kid in the Kwik-E-Mart? I know they said he did it to throw them off the trail.

He spiked two bottles from the comedy club and carried the second one to the Soup Nazi's C store and left it in the fridge. Grissom discovered that the bottles had the same lot number (which is the first thing he should have looked at before recalling every bottle in the city).

Red Dog 04-25-03 09:32 AM

Originally posted by Dimension X
He spiked two bottles from the comedy club and carried the second one to the Soup Nazi's C store and left it in the fridge. Grissom discovered that the bottles had the same lot number (which is the first thing he should have looked at before recalling every bottle in the city).

Right - I picked up on the lot number and I knew Bobcat spiked the 2nd bottle. I just did not remember them saying how the 2nd bottle ended up in Soup Nazi's store. Thanks.

No kidding on the order of Grissom's detective work.

dek 04-25-03 09:35 AM

Originally posted by Dimension X
(which is the first thing he should have looked at before recalling every bottle in the city).
I wouldn't fault them for the recall even if it was in real life, especially in this day and age. Especially when the tainting was giving people instant heartattacks.

Patman 04-25-03 09:43 AM

Was it just me, or was that comedian getting the humjob outside channelling Andrew Dice Clay?

Shazam 04-25-03 03:47 PM

There could have been multiple bottles planted at random locations. Therefore, the recall.

dek 04-25-03 05:37 PM

Especially since the team was already spread out, Warrick found the bottle on the other side of town, first instinct is tampering i.e. Cyanide in the Tylenol.

Dimension X 04-25-03 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Shazam
There could have been multiple bottles planted at random locations. Therefore, the recall.
But the identical lot numbers at the two disparate locations would indicate the likelihood that only bottles from a single batch had been tampered with, negating the need for a total recall. A recall of just those bottles which shared that lot number would have been more prudent.

mikehunt 04-25-03 08:00 PM

anyone notice that when they did the flashback thing to the guy tainting the bottles that the little ring was already broken on the cap?
I'm not anal about checking that on bottles before I use them, but I do think I'd notice if it didn't make the click as it broke the first time I opened the bottle

Da Thrilla 04-26-03 06:31 PM

Wow, I haven't replied yet :eek:

Anyway, great episode. That's pretty clever, the way Bobcat put the migraine medicine in the bottles, not that I'd do it :p

And, as always, Sarah was lookin great! :hump: -biggrin-

Shazam 04-26-03 10:21 PM

But the identical lot numbers at the two disparate locations would indicate the likelihood that only bottles from a single batch had been tampered with, negating the need for a total recall. A recall of just those bottles which shared that lot number would have been more prudent.
May you never be in charge of public policy.

So, if you had a lot of 1000 contaminated bottles spread out all over a city of a million people, how would you take them off the shelves?

Dimension X 04-26-03 11:19 PM

Originally posted by Shazam
May you never be in charge of public policy.

So, if you had a lot of 1000 contaminated bottles spread out all over a city of a million people, how would you take them off the shelves?

You alert the media, stores, etc. that bottles with that lot number may be contaminated and should be turned in.

Kind of like this recall notice:
http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls...wave04_03.html

White Wave Recalls Vanilla Silk Soymilk
NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

White Wave Recalls Vanilla Silk Soymilk

Boulder, Colorado - April 16, 2003 -- White Wave announced today that it is voluntarily recalling some of its 64 ounce/half gallon blue, gable top cartons of Vanilla Silk brand soymilk. The code dates involved in the voluntary recall read - Jun 17 03 H CD70, Jun 17 03 J CD-70, Jun 18 03 H-CD70 and Jun 18 03 J CD-70. The product can be identified by these code dates stamped on each carton. No other Vanilla Silk, Silk or White Wave products are involved in the recall. The containers were distributed throughout the United States.

The voluntary recall was issued after it was discovered that some of the product may contain a caustic, sodium hydroxide based material used to clean and sanitize manufacturing equipment. White Wave has contacted its distributors and stores and ordered the product removed from store shelves. Consumers should return any product in their possession to place of purchase for a refund.

In the case on C.S.I., there was no need to have every bottle in the city sent to the labs. If Warrick had called Grissom from the Soup Nazi's store and compared the lot numbers, the recall could have been prevented altogether. Remember, as soon as Grissom finally thought to compare the lot numbers, he realized that it wasn't a random act.

Geofferson 04-27-03 05:34 PM

I really enjoyed this episode. Bobcat is looking pretty rough though...

shanester 04-27-03 07:15 PM

How Can Anybody take Gilbert Gottfried as a "serious" actor

What was that line he said about having a thong in the wallet??

Ditto on Bobcat that dude needs some vitamin C stat!

Heidi from Survivor looks in better shape then he does!

I guess being married a to a super model type really does "suck" the life out of you..:)